Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standby Phone

Options
  • 26-10-2015 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am looking to have a phone for use say on Donedeal etc which would not be used that often. I dont like giving my main mobile number out so is there any network that I can say top up by €10 and just leave it there and pay for calls or texts as I use them. I dont want to go on a 30 day plan for topping up a phone that may only be used once or twice a month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

You can get a feature phone from the carphone warehouse for anything under 30 euro. But as said above a Tesco phone top up by 5 and you get 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

Thanks for the replies. I already have a spare phone which is unlocked. I just wasnt sure if you could just top up by €5 or €10 and use the credit without entering into a bundle (30 day) situation.

How long does the credit last for or does it ever expire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

Thanks for all the help. Off to Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Now if there was only a provider who did rolling data where you could top up by 20 eur and the data would last 6 months until the allowance was used up :)

Advertisement