Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift experience voucher not honoured

Options
  • 26-10-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi thanks for taking the time to read this.

So at Christmas 2013 I bought a gift experience voucher for my fiance with the voucher being valid for one year.

But when we tried to use it in 2014 one more than one occasion we were told the item we had bought the experience for was out of action and they would extend the voucher into 2015.

So in 2015 I emailed them twice to no reply. Until today that is were I got an automated response were they have renamed there business and no longer offer the experience I paid for.

Before I get in contact them I just want to know what are my rights or am I right in thinking I have none?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If they've set up a new business then you have no recourse. If it's just a rename I'd suggest trying small claims with all the evidence you can get in regard to calls etc.

As a lesson to everyone else, cash is the gift that keeps on giving. You always take a risk buying vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If they've set up a new business then you have no recourse. If it's just a rename I'd suggest trying small claims with all the evidence you can get in regard to calls etc.

As a lesson to everyone else, cash is the gift that keeps on giving. You always take a risk buying vouchers.

How would I find out if it's a name change or a new business?

They emailed me back under the old company name with a link to the new website with my activity no longer on it.

I have all the email correspondence.

I get what your saying about cash being king but in this case you couldn't even pay cash on the day you had to buy to experience voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Check through the CRO. PM me the business name if you're having trouble and I'll see if I can see for you.

I'd do something else then tbh. Sorry to be harsh but these things are largely a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Did it involve a balloon? I've heard awful stories of vouchers bought for balloon trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

hardCopy wrote: »
    Did it involve a balloon? I've heard awful stories of vouchers bought for balloon trips.

Sorry no not a balloon I received another email informing me they no longer did my experience. If I had any further questions feel free to ask :rolleyes:

I replied stating I'd like a refund so if I get no response I'll be starting a small claims procedure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement