Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Senior Cup Final

• 26-10-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe there's no thread for this game. Another Cup Final for the best team in the land. We've already proved that we're the best team in the country and now it's time to show that we're also the best team in Leinster.

The Leinster Senior Cup has a rich history and famously has proved to be Cork City's holy grail given they have never even reached the final of this competition let alone win it.

We beat UCD (One of the biggest colleges in the country), Wexford (Recent league Winners) and Pats (handy semi-final in fairness) to earn our place in today's final and we will face our old foes Shamrock Rovers who hilariously find it increasingly hard to beat a team managed by a man who they sacked for not being good enough. They've beaten us once in the last twelve games.

Anyway the game starts at five this evening so all lovers of football from all over the country have absolutely zero excuse not be in Oriel Park for kick off. Come join the party and watch as we are once again crowned Kings of Leinster.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pighead wrote: »
    We beat UCD (One of the biggest colleges in the country), Wexford (Recent league Winners) and Pats (handy semi-final in fairness) to earn our place in today's final and we will face our old foes Shamrock Rovers who hilariously find it increasingly hard to beat a team managed by a man who they sacked for not being good enough. They've beaten us once in the last twelve games.

I definitely preferred Rovers playing Dundalk in 2012 than 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dfx- wrote: »
    Gary Twigg had a field day against us that season. He scored a load of goals against us that year. In the jammy 7-0 league win where you's had two peno's and five offside goals he was walking through our 'defence' at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dfx- wrote: »

Some difference leaving Tallaght after a game in 2015 than 2012. :)

Two reserve teams so should be a good run out for the fringe players in what will be a good competitive match. Poynton looked really good when he came on for last 30 minutes against Cork. Could be a serious talent and only just turned 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Is it that time of year again already?

Now where the hell did I put my decorations trom last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Congratulations to Dundalk for wresting the LSC out of Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Alot of sick heads in Dundalk this morning I say? I could nearly hear the celebrations here in Cork.

Funny enough I saw a couple of lads in Dundalk tops heading towards the train station this morning, absolutely battered from jazz I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another trophy to add to the collection. Delighted for two goal hero Kurtis Byrne. He's had barely any game time this season and I suspect he'll probably be saying goodbye at the end of the season so nice to see him start one last time. Will be a decent signing for any of our rivals. Also Chris Shields scored his first goal of the season meaning all our outfield players have no scored. Some team. League trophy presentation this Friday evening. Come to Dundalk and join the party. Everybody welcome.

Advertisement