Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoldenEye on N64: Miyamoto wanted to remove the killing

Options
  • 26-10-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

He went on to explain that, towards the end of development, the team received a fax from Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, with a series of suggestions for the game. “One point was that there was too much close-up killing – he found it a bit too horrible. I don’t think I did anything with that input. The second point was, he felt the game was too tragic, with all the killing. He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital.”

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/26/goldeneye-james-bond-n64-nintendo-shigeru-miyamoto-gamecity

Never change Nintendo. Never change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thank feck they didn't change a thing. I wouldn't be the man I am now if I didn't get to shoot the hat off a soldier from the vent above him before killing him and drawing a smiley face on the wall with bullets. <3 Goldeneye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They are some weird suggestions but then again Miyamoto probably had no idea what a fps was at the time and it was probably the first of its kind he saw, fps games just didn't really exist in Japan at the time. Still it's not like all his suggestions to rare were bad or not taken on board, he influenced a lot of what they did during the n64 era.

Advertisement