Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from dd card to cc due to verified by visa

Options
  • 26-10-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I was wondering how to switch from a direct debit card to a credit card.

This topic was discussed here endless times, but unfortunately it is not possible to opt out from verified by visa.

This feature is driving me insane and I would even change the bank , where this feature is not used.

Please don`t answer me with a password reset.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What's the big deal with verified by Visa. It only takes about 2 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Cifer wrote: »
    Hi,

This topic was discussed here endless times, but unfortunately it is not possible to opt out from verified by visa.

This feature is driving me insane and I would even change the bank , where this feature is not used.

Thanks.

You can change to any bank you want but if you get a Visa or MasterCard you're going to be using verified by visa or MasterCard secure code. It takes about 10 seconds and it protects you from online card fraud. Should we stop using PIN numbers at POS because it takes an extra few seconds?

Oh and that's with or without a debit card. Credit cards use it as well. So your options are

1. Continue to use it
    2. Don't use a debit or credit card online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Cifer wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Cifer,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

The verified by visa option is applicable to all cards both debit and credit. It is a feature used by both Visa and Mastercard and is used by all banks. This is a security protocol designed to ensure your safety online. The password can be to your choosing enabling a quick checkout for online purchases.

As a debit card takes funds directly from your account whereas a credit card gives you an extra limit paid off each month it is not possible to switch from a debit card to a credit card. You can apply online for a credit card here.

We are sorry to hear this feature is frustrating you, and we will pass on your feedback to our relevant departments.

Thanks,

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cifer

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your answer.

I also have a German credit card and they are sending me a text message after each transaction with a random generated TAN number to accept the transaction. 

Why is it not possible to do something like that? Much better security and much easier for the customer.

It would be good, if you can forward this suggestion.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

That's a MasterCard service not a Visa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi Cifer, 

Thanks for the feedback and idea on this, we'll be sure to pass this on to the relevant area. 

Evie 

Advertisement