Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benq XL2730z keeps loosing settings once its powered off.

Options
  • 26-10-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just bought this screen, its nice but the default colour settings are like looking at a lightbulb.

Once I set it up the way I want it and save the settings, its fine until I turn off the PC.

Googling this suggested removing the Benq software that came with it, Display Pilot. When I try to remove it , I get an error message saying it cant be removed.

Anyone any experience with these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

What about a firmware update for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

game4it70 wrote: »
    What about a firmware update for it?

Hi.
    I will check that later on. Might be the issue oddly the benq software says its up to date. Not sure if that looks at firmware or not though.

Just checked, this one has the new firmware update.

Will keep googling. Its an odd one as its probably something simple too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

How are you getting on with this ...do you like it ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

You don't have msi software for your Mb?

I had and when I stopped it auto launching then the settings stopped changing!

• Advertisement

Its a great screen and it took a bit of reading but I found the solution in the end.
    Will link it later when im home.

If your thinking of getting one, I recommend it alot. Lovely bright screen with good colors. Its not an IPS but its a really good TN one and after a while you wont notice any difference.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Its a great screen and it took a bit of reading but I found the solution in the end.
    Will link it later when im home.

If your thinking of getting one, I recommend it alot. Lovely bright screen with good colors. Its not an IPS but its a really good TN one and after a while you wont notice any difference.

Thanks for the reply.

I bought one. It should be with me on Wednesday on. It seems to have a few quirks,but once its sorted out it seems to be about the best screen around. From extensive reading I have done over the past few months ,the Ips screens seem to be broke this gen around. I was gonna get one of them but reverted back to this gen Tn .

Congrats

Change the brightness the minute you take it out of the box. Its set at 100 which is about 60 too high.
    Once you get past that , its a lovely screen, well made and feels solid.

Just in case anyone is thinking about one ,
    BenQ XL2730Z 27-Inch LCD Gaming Monitor, FreeSync, 144Hz,

£350

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2730Z-27-Inch-FreeSync-Response/dp/B00SL4J1M0?ie=UTF8&ref_=gbps_img_s-3_8407_5dd89e26&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That is an amazing price for the build quality and what it can do. Just make sure your gpu is beefy enough for it and your laughing for the next few years.

• Advertisement

I have a 290. I'll upgrade to the Vega when they come about...probably. I tried an xfire 290 setup for a few weeks,but decided against it as my rig was pulling over 500watts ingame and more like 650+ in 3d mark.

A 290 will do it well enough, might need to lower some of the settings to hit the 120+ fps.

I got my monitor and it is very nice.

Problem is ...I didn't get a Displayport cable included. Nowhere in Waterford has one in stock either...Damn.

Thats odd, mine came with a full bag of leads.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Thats odd, mine came with a full bag of leads.

The supplier is sending me a replacement .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

Redfox,

Any chance you'd post the link of why the settings were changing?

Advertisement