Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half brother doesnt know biological dad

Options
  • 26-10-2015 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Okay, I didnt really know what to name this thread so apologies.

My biological father had a son with another women before going out with my mum, but the other women swore an affidavit that her new partner was infact his father. She never told my half brother the truth.
    I on the other hand was told from I can remember that my biological father had to move away. My biological Mum met who I call dad when I was a few months old and they went on to adopt me when I was four. I was always told about my biological father and mum had a way of contacting his sister.
    I've now met him once and my aunts and grandad a few times. Im struggling as I think my half brother has a right to know yet I dont want to be accused of ruining his life!
    I dont really know what I want or expect from posting this I just felt I needed to vent it somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OP, this is not your story to tell.

You cannot be sure that your biological father is the father of this boy.
    The woman has sworn that her partner is the boy's father (you have been told).
    You do not know what the boy has been told.

You can only be sure of your own story - who your biological father and mother are. All the rest is stuff you have been told. Stay out of it, you cannot be sure of the rest of the story, and even if you think you do know, it is between the boy and his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

looksee wrote: »
    OP, this is not your story to tell.

You cannot be sure that your biological father is the father of this boy.
    The woman has sworn that her partner is the boy's father (you have been told).
    You do not know what the boy has been told.

You can only be sure of your own story - who your biological father and mother are. All the rest is stuff you have been told. Stay out of it, you cannot be sure of the rest of the story, and even if you think you do know, it is between the boy and his family.

Oh I guess I also should have mentioned the boy was 7 months old when his "father" met his mother. My mother was good friends with his

Advertisement