Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Judging by the email I got earlier, Dunnes are having the same ad as last year. I liked that one though, where the dad re-gifts his copy of A Christmas Carol to his little girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Lots on tonight during Downton. Waitrose was nice, Currys/PC World with Jeff Goldblum was a bit odd but was meant to be, Sky's one was ok but I love brussel sprouts and felt last years version was more Christmassy. The shorter version of the John Lewis ad works better for me than the long one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I actually love the song sax from the Asda ad but still don't think it fits with Christmas but great tune all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Budweiser clydesdales

Hard to believe its 27yrs since it aired first:eek:

https://youtu.be/wz0diX7dsi8

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just saw it for the first time, how lovely and accurate!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wow what a great ad. That's how you do a modern Christmas ad!

And the Debenhams ad is an example of how not to do a Christmas ad! It's dreadful!

I saw the Sainsbury's one tonight. It's lovely and very, very original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

iguana wrote: »
    I saw the Sainsbury's one tonight. It's lovely and very, very original.

OMG that is brilliant!! I much prefer this to the John Lewis ad now tbh

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG that is brilliant!! I much prefer this to the John Lewis ad now tbh

Yup, it's totally fab. I didn't know what I was watching when it came on last night, it's like a mini-movie. And my 3 year old was in stitches. I was also delighted to realise that Judith Kerr was still alive, I loved her books, especially When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit, when I was younger. Sainsburys will be selling a book of the advert and all proceeds will be going to Save the Children literacy fund. I'd definitely buy it if I was in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love the supervalu one too!! So natural!! Some great ones this year and I have to say the John Lewis one is not top of my list - just too sad in my opinion! Nobody needs that at Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Supervalu and Sainsburys, two favourite ads this year!!! We actually laughed watching the Supervalu one as its so true to life. Lol. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

The Supervalu ad is one almost everyone will love. Its very true to life, just like Christmas Day in any family home! I had to laugh at the elderly woman, "I don't know how to use these", my grandmother says this almost every time she takes charge of the TV in our house! Very well done on Supervalu's behalf.
    iguana wrote: »
    I was also delighted to realise that Judith Kerr was still alive, I loved her books, especially When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit, when I was younger.
    Love the Sainsbury's one too! Definitely brings back childhood memories, When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit was my favourite too! The feel good factor of the Sainsbury's one definitely sets it ahead of the John Lewis ad this year imo. And I just love the fact that they're selling a book of the ad to raise money for Save the Children literacy fund!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I have just watch all the adds on this thread and then watch a few old ones on youtube, needless to say not much work has been done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My Mum said she just saw the Coca Cola ad on RTE1! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD

Alicat wrote: »

One of my friends shared it on snapchat. Best snap ever haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

JUST SEEN IT- AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I like this alot, it's good to share the joy at Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Alicat wrote: »

Seen it too. Between that and watching Pudsey Christmas is definitely on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Love, love, love the sainsbury ad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Just saw the Kellogg's ad :)

Ho Ho Ho, everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I've not seen any 2015 ads that stir my Christmas spirit have to be honest. Saw the coca cola ad a few nights ago- magic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

screamer wrote: »
    I've not seen any 2015 ads that stir my Christmas spirit have to be honest. Saw the coca cola ad a few nights ago- magic.

Well I almost cried at the Vodafone one earlier but that may have more to do with hormones than with how Christmassy the ad is :o

If it hasn't been posted yet, I'll find it and post it.

Ok here it is, the Vodafone ad I mentioned above:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just seen this,an ad for the Spanish Lottery,I thinks its pretty good

http://www.dailyedge.ie/spanish-lottery-christmas-ad-2451727-Nov2015/

The Vodafone ad and the Spanish Lottery ad really manage to capture the true meaning of Christmas. The Spanish Lottery ad is just lovely.

I saw the Cornflakes ad the other day and it seemed different to me. Admittedly I was shouting 'Cornflakes ad!! The Cornflakes ad is on!!!! Wait, did they always have the more modern Coke box in it? Since when it the modern Coke box in it? Ah crap, I meant Cornflakes, not Coke.' at the time so I may not have watched it properly but something seemed different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Probably get a roasting for saying this but I can't stand the trocaire ad it's creepy.

Advertisement