Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

The Vodafone ad and the Spanish Lottery ad really manage to capture the true meaning of Christmas. The Spanish Lottery ad is just lovely.

I saw the Cornflakes ad the other day and it seemed different to me. Admittedly I was shouting 'Cornflakes ad!! The Cornflakes ad is on!!!! Wait, did they always have the more modern Coke box in it? Since when it the modern Coke box in it? Ah crap, I meant Cornflakes, not Coke.' at the time so I may not have watched it properly but something seemed different.

Yep it's different cut down version and when the little one says bye it sounds like its been dubbed over with an Irish voice. Still cute maybe we'll see the original closer to Christmas where the older sister says maybe you'll see him next year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Vodafone ad and the Spanish Lottery ad really manage to capture the true meaning of Christmas. The Spanish Lottery ad is just lovely.

I just watched both ads they're great!! So well done. The Spanish one is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just seen the Spanish ad now, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

I love the Coca-Cola 'Holidays are Coming' ad but for the life of me I can't figure out what the lyrics are! It sounds something like "the magic of Christmas is drawing near"...can any Christmas enthusiast help?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Toys R Us ad keeps popping up as an ad on FB for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Oh I've just seen the ballymeenabear ad. So cute check it out ballymeenabear.com a real tear jerker.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I just saw the Mulberry one and I know some people will not like it but it made me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks for posting that iguana - it's brilliant :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Aldi take the pi55 out of the John Lewis advert. :)

• Advertisement

http://www.joe.ie/life-style/video-this-german-supermarkets-christmas-advert-has-hit-us-right-in-the-feels/521698

I've watched this ad 3 times. The first time I watched it without subtitles so I watched it again with them to find out what was going on. I bawled my way through it the second time, and then I showed it to my husband and bawled again. (Hormones!) I've seen loads of people talking online about how wonderful it is and I think it's absolutely awful. There are way better ways to get the whole 'true meaning of Christmas' thing across. I actually can't believe someone signed off on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow, emotional blackmail or what!?

The 'elderly being alone at Christmas' is clearly a big theme this year.

Posy wrote: »
    Wow, emotional blackmail or what!?

The 'elderly being alone at Christmas' is clearly a big theme this year.

It's a nice theme because hopefully more people will make an effort with elderly people who are along this year, but that German ad is just wrong wrong wrong.

TK Maxx have a nice ad about spending time with/giving presents to people you wouldn't normally have much to do with.

And Toys R Us have done the 'elderly person alone' ad right.

Lovely examples of people doing things for other people because they want to, not because they have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I thought that the kids in the Edeka ad (German supermarket ) were total asshats leaving their poor dad alone like that. Imagine having to fake your own death in order to get your kids to see you. I felt so sad for him I liked it, and I like the John Lewis ad. But tk and toys RUs are a bit more jolly with a similar message

Just saw the Paypal ad on TV and I was so confused because I thought they'd agreed not to show it until late at night. Then I remembered that I'm watching a recording that would have been on at about midnight. Then I sat through another couple of ads before I remembered again that I'm watching a recording and should be fast forwarding through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

American Airlines ones is good. Modern families with a nod to airlines www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPy5AsEWTNk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Not really an ad but good all the same

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So the gunniess ad is ten years old this year :O

Advertisement