Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600/650 euro gaming pc build.

Options
  • 26-10-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, I am really struggling at the moment. I am hoping to build a gaming pc for Christmas. My budget is around 600 euro and I am confident in buying the parts and building the pc myself. My main problem is with finding somewhere to purchase the components as everywhere I look they just seem over priced. It would really help if someone could think up a build for me in this price range. My main priority for this pc is gaming, I would like to play GTA 5 and some battlefield on this pc. I also want the ability to do some editing on this pc but that is not the main priority as I don't want all my money blown on a CPU ( it would just be an extra)
    Any help would be great thanks ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4460 €175
    H81M board €50
    1tb HDD €50
    Case €30
    500w PSU €60
    8gb RAM €40
    GTX960 €220
    Total €625

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Slattman2000

Thank you for the quick response ! Where would you recommend buying these parts ?

Mindfactory or computer universe are well priced

Thanks will check them out now. Will the shipping break the budget ? :/ Sorry for the amount of questions!

By 5-10 Euro I'd guess

• Advertisement

What do you think of an r9 380 4GB instead of the gtx 960?

A little slower, but can be overclocked up to speed

Can you recommend a specific gtx 960 please ?

MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA, Zotac

They're all much of a muchness

They all seem to give less fps than the r9 380 ?

• Advertisement

Also is there a reason for using a micro ATX board or will an ATX one do ?

Really? Go 380 then, I'm not fully up to date on the 300 series, the 280 is slower so I presumed the same.

No reason, bit cheaper I think, if you want a full ATX go for it. mATX cases tend to be a little cheaper

The 380 also has more vram at 4gb. I might also go with an ATX just to get the two extra ram slots incase I want to upgrade later. What ATX would you say would go well with this build ?

Any H81 or B85, you don't have budget to stretch to a featured packed board, so they're all pretty much the same

Ok thanks ! :)

Advertisement