Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orlando and beach

Options
  • 26-10-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I know there are a few old forums on this but Im looking for some particular advice, hoping to got to orlando next year 2016 mid october 4 adults and a 1 yr old. Hoping to do a week or so in orlando to do some parks and a week at the beach.
    So questions are, where to stay in Orlando? thinking of a villa so whereabouts we would like to be able to walk in the evening to a couple of restaurants or a bar.
    Where to go for the beach and will the weather be good enough in october for the beach. Thinking st petersberg or clearwater, anyone been how are they or recommendations on hotels etc? or any other recommendations for places to go.
    Lastly do the parks get into halloween with special events?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

salmocab wrote: »
    Hi I know there are a few old forums on this but Im looking for some particular advice, hoping to got to orlando next year 2016 mid october 4 adults and a 1 yr old. Hoping to do a week or so in orlando to do some parks and a week at the beach.
    So questions are, where to stay in Orlando? thinking of a villa so whereabouts we would like to be able to walk in the evening to a couple of restaurants or a bar.
    Where to go for the beach and will the weather be good enough in october for the beach. Thinking st petersberg or clearwater, anyone been how are they or recommendations on hotels etc? or any other recommendations for places to go.
    Lastly do the parks get into halloween with special events?

My family did this when I was about 17, Disney for a week and then st Petes for a week. I think we stayed in Liki Tikki village in Orlando a few times, never any complaints! Can't remember where we stayed in st Petes but from what I remember the beach itself was nice but the area is a bit tacky, not a lot of variety on resteraunts and shops etc. Maybe just because I was a teenager at the time though! Definitely a great idea to go to the beach after Disney alright, it's tiring! October was fine weather wise and don't think the parks were too much busier than normal, I'd really recommend the Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld book, great for helping to make a plan, which you'll need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Central Florida and walking really don’t go hand in hand, you’ll need to hire a car to get around and make the most of your time.

The only place I can even think of where you could stay and walk is International Drive in Orlando (Google it)

I’d rather visit Cape Canaveral and take a tour of the NASA exhibits; CoCo beach is just next door so you could make a day or two of it. IMO nothing really worth seeing in Clearwater or st. pete

Advertisement