Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra to cabinteely commute

Options
  • 26-10-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am living in drumcondra and need to drive to cabinteely daily for work. Previously, I have been paying the toll on the east link road but I feel like it isn't justifiable as I get caught in traffic that way. Can anyone recommend a good route to drive through the city ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I used to go down Townaend st as far as Lombard st. Up onto Pearce st, take right to harmony row and then left heading out to shelbourne Rd.
    Come up into balls bridge and head out angelsea Rd up to donnybrook bus station. Take a left out the n11.

Alternatively cut out town.and.go down.the NCR, across the Sean o Casey bridge up to grand canal st and out shelbourne etc.

You need to be through town by 8 am.

Coming back head straight in through donnybrook village, lesson st, Stephens green , Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

NCR - Sean O Casey bridge - Pearse St - Pembroke St - Strand Rd - Merrion Gates - Blackrock - Deans Grange - Cornelscourt - Cabinteely.

A couple of bottlenecks, but better than going through Ballsbridge or Donnybrook imo. Nicer views too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

alastair wrote: »
    NCR - Sean O Casey bridge - Pearse St - Pembroke St - Strand Rd - Merrion Gates - Blackrock - Deans Grange - Cornelscourt - Cabinteely.

A couple of bottlenecks, but better than going through Ballsbridge or Donnybrook imo. Nicer views too.

Depends on the time. I left Cabra at 645 and in cabinteely at 730.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 qua5alinn

I used to go down Townaend st as far as Lombard st. Up onto Pearce st, take right to harmony row and then left heading out to shelbourne Rd.
    Come up into balls bridge and head out angelsea Rd up to donnybrook bus station. Take a left out the n11.

Alternatively cut out town.and.go down.the NCR, across the Sean o Casey bridge up to grand canal st and out shelbourne etc.

You need to be through town by 8 am.

Coming back head straight in through donnybrook village, lesson st, Stephens green , Christchurch.

I went out your way this morning leaving drumcondra at 5 past 7 I was in cabinteely just after 7.45. Thanks for replying

Advertisement