Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV software

Options
  • 26-10-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Anyone know of any decent CCTV software runs in linux or windows? It's for about 3x3mp cameras

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you looking for just viewing software or are you wanting to record onto a PC?
    Most cameras come with some recommended software.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you looking for just viewing software or are you wanting to record onto a PC?
    Most cameras come with some recommended software.

Just recording really software runs in a browser which is pants. Would prefer a stand alone app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Zoneminder

Theta wrote: »
    Zoneminder

Had that before, seems a little fiddly to use

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi I have a similar problem the software cd that came with my equipment loads onto pc and when go to run it it just crashes.

I want something I can put footage onto as to zoom and take still pics and try and get a better image.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi I have a similar problem the software cd that came with my equipment loads onto pc and when go to run it it just crashes.

I want something I can put footage onto as to zoom and take still pics and try and get a better image.

Thanks.

Is the PC a modern one with good graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

durtybit wrote: »
    Is the PC a modern one with good graphics?

Last 4years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I use Blue Iris on a windows machine and it's android app. It's pretty good.

Advertisement