Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE FEES

Options
  • 27-10-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

im in nuig and im thinking about dropping out. ive paid my fees and im wondering if i drop out before the end of january how much fees will i have to pay next year if i reapply to the cao and go into first year in another course next year ?

will i pay the same as this year ? will i be refunded some of this years and have none of my fees paid by the government next year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

First off you haven't paid any fees. You've paid a registration fee and student levy. You won't be refunded anything from those. You will be liable for 50% of the tuition fees should you reapply (to any college/university) if you drop out before the end of january. That's on top of the registration fee (student contribution) and student levy for that year too ( total €3,224).

So if you're doing science for example, you'll have to pay €2134 (tuition 50%) + 3224 = €5358. You can figure out what it will be for your course using the nuig website.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/student-fees/how-much/undergraduate-fees/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Are you thinking of doing a course in the same place. I know our deadline has passed but is it an option to do an internal transfer if you have the points etc?

Advertisement