Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 -Where and what to buy

Options
  • 27-10-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

My teen is looking for a PS4 for Christmas and I've no idea which console is best and what extras he needs. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Argos are doing a cracking deal of 1TB PS4 with 3 games for €370, includes Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Syndicate and Uncharted Trilogy remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

ongarite wrote: »
    Argos are doing a cracking deal of 1TB PS4 with 3 games for €370, includes Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Syndicate and Uncharted Trilogy remastered.

I seen that but Uncharted is sold out in and around Dublin/Wexford meaning it's €465.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

HMV, Smyths Toys, and Gamestop are doing the same deal for 399. So you could wait for argos to get in more stock, or pay the extra there.

Argos will almost certainly have some very good deals in the run up to christmas, but you do run the risk of having to deal with stock shortages.

In terms of additional equipment, there isn't much you are going to need for him. Perhaps and extra controller if he is looking to play multiplayer games with a sibling or friend in the same room.

A Playstation Plus subscription (roughly 50 euro a year) is needed for online play, though does come with at least one free downloadable game each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I seen that but Uncharted is sold out in and around Dublin/Wexford meaning it's €465.

You can pick up the rest of the package and then just get Unchartered when they have stock in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Lemlin wrote: »
    You can pick up the rest of the package and then just get Unchartered when they have stock in.

The only 1TB PS4 they have now is 465e from what I can see here anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement