Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

... Thanks eircom.

Options
  • 27-10-2015 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

I'm using your full name because you're in trouble.

I ordered a switch from sky and one of your experts sales team put it to sky as a cancellation request and resupply from Eir. Which means I'm going to have no service for 1-2 weeks while eircom reactivates me. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    I'm using your full name because you're in trouble.

I ordered a switch from sky and one of your experts sales team put it to sky as a cancellation request and resupply from Eir. Which means I'm going to have no service for 1-2 weeks while eircom reactivates me. Cheers.
    Hi Grey Fox
    that certainly does not sound correct. Can you PM me with your ac count no. and I can see if there is anything we can do to speed this up. I cannot promise anything but we will do our best to help in any way we can.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi Grey Fox
    that certainly does not sound correct. Can you PM me with your ac count no. and I can see if there is anything we can do to speed this up. I cannot promise anything but we will do our best to help in any way we can.
    Tony

Yeah I'll do that now Tony. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Just came across this by chance. I was looking into switching back to eir from sky also but I definitely don't want there to be any lapse in service while I am waiting. I have teenagers = NOT FUN!  :(
    So can someone fill me on the process please?

norabattie wrote: »
    Just came across this by chance. I was looking into switching back to eir from sky also but I definitely don't want there to be any lapse in service while I am waiting. I have teenagers = NOT FUN!  :(

It's actually Sky's fault not eircom. They saw a switch request then cancelled the account. If I have any lapse in service I'll be picking up a three mobile broadband sim I have an old router from a few years ago and using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

It's actually Sky's fault not eircom. They saw a switch request then cancelled the account. If I have any lapse in service I'll be picking up a three mobile broadband sim I have an old router from a few years ago and using that.
    Can sky actually do that though? Seems bad form to be honest. I don't mind too much personally. Have bill pay phones in the house so portable hotspot can be used but PS4's and xbox's are a whole other situation.  
    Thanks for the reply though. Must investigate more before I make my final decision. 

• Advertisement

Can sky actually do that though? Seems bad form to be honest. I don't mind too much personally. Have bill pay phones in the house so portable hotspot can be used but PS4's and xbox's are a whole other situation.  
    Thanks for the reply though. Must investigate more before I make my final decision. 

Yeah they can cancel your account anytime they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

HI GrayFox208

Thanks for the update

Al

Advertisement