Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICYMI BMW Berlin 2016 Marathon Open

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

ok, i was just wondering. ah for a big city marathon that is so well organised I think it's reasonably priced, even if there is no t-shirt included in that price.
    For pricey see the NYC marathon.

Can't believe we don't get a t-shirt for that price. Putting my bib up on eBay after hearing that, greedy German feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Flights booked......reasonable enough with Aer Lingus at the moment. Over Fri morning and back Mon morning working out at less than €160....Mon evening about €130. Was gonna wait til New Year but figure they probably won't go much lower than that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Sports Travel working out at €550 (twin or double) if anybody is interested- this doesn't include flights. Have used them before for NYC and found them good but I think it'll be Frankfurt round II for me! Far cheaper and more flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

healy1835 wrote: »
    Flights booked......reasonable enough with Aer Lingus at the moment. Over Fri morning and back Mon morning working out at less than €160....Mon evening about €130. Was gonna wait til New Year but figure they probably won't go much lower than that. :)

I got Shannon for 200 with Ryanair. Leaving Saturday, back on Tuesday.

Dublin for €147 leaving on Friday back Sunday night. Have never been before, looking at accommodation in Mitte, would this be handy for the start area??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

sideswipe wrote: »
    Sports Travel working out at €550 (twin or double) if anybody is interested- this doesn't include flights. Have used them before for NYC and found them good but I think it'll be Frankfurt round II for me! Far cheaper and more flexible.

Might give Frankfurt a go myself, get over Barcelona in March first.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

noelearly wrote: »
    Can't believe we don't get a t-shirt for that price. Putting my bib up on eBay after hearing that, greedy German feckers.

Think you need photo ID picking up bib, know a few who got caught out trying this last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Dublin for €147 leaving on Friday back Sunday night. Have never been before, looking at accommodation in Mitte, would this be handy for the start area??
    Mitte is perfect for the start - the metro, bus and overground system is excellent and you can buy a 3 day all zone ticket at the airport for €29.00. Got in the last two years and very disappointed not to have a third year!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Duanington wrote: »
    Unlucky - would have been nice for you to get another stab at it.

Amsterdam maybe?

Yes was hoping for another cracking at it, wanted redemption ! Ideally I was looking to do dcm along with another like last time, so cologne would be better suited out of all the others..

MacSwifty wrote: »
    Mitte is perfect for the start - the metro, bus and overground system is excellent and you can buy a 3 day all zone ticket at the airport for €29.00. Got in the last two years and very disappointed not to have a third year!

Mitte is it so... Ideally I would like to walk to the start area but accommodation looks like costing a fortune around there. First time in Berlin for me. Friends of mine missed out too gutted for them,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

First time applying, can anyone talk me through what happens tomorrow? Do the places just go live at 10am on the main website? Do you get an email with a code to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Healium wrote: »
    First time applying, can anyone talk me through what happens tomorrow? Do the places just go live at 10am on the main website? Do you get an email with a code to enter?
    http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/news-and-media/news/2016/12/01/1000-slots-for-2017-bmw-berlinmarathon-join-the-rtl-charity-program-from-december-7.html
    There is the link it is 09.00 am CET so 10.00 Ireland time.
    For 2015 the draw was in April and it was open for a week
    This year it opened and closed before most could gain access to the site so it is hit and miss!! make sure to have all details IBAN #'s etc. PB time and place.
    It is just luck tomorrow so I would not hold out much expectation based on this year ..... but is you get in then great stuff best of luck! I too failed on the ballot but last year got in. The previous year I got in on the charity ballot but so did everybody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Really like heading to Berlin so happy out that I got in via a qualifying time from last year as god knows I couldn't run that time this year :o

Have friends living in Germany so will let them figure out where to stay I think.

For those thinking of entering via they charity route, those places are now up for grabs... there's 999 left :-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Got a charity place this morning, savage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

quick feet wrote: »
    For those thinking of entering via they charity route, those places are now up for grabs... there's 999 left :-) ;-)

You got in so ?

Duanington wrote: »
    You got in so ?

Yes decided to stump up the extra cash, didn't think I'd get in the delighted i tried..

Has anyone from the lotto been charged yet? They said they went for it two days ago but no sign of the charge yet. Sepa payments should only take 24 hours.

chrislad wrote: »
    Has anyone from the lotto been charged yet? They said they went for it two days ago but no sign of the charge yet. Sepa payments should only take 24 hours.

Nothing from my account yet either, figured it would be out straight away with the Iban:"/Sepa or whatever it's called.

Nothing from my account yet either, figured it would be out straight away with the Iban:"/Sepa or whatever it's called.

I figured the same. I'll fire off an email to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I was charged. Money taken yesterday as Mika Timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

^^^^Same^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I figured the same. I'll fire off an email to them.

Did you hear back. Nothing taken from my account either

Jnealon wrote: »
    Did you hear back. Nothing taken from my account either

I heard back with them telling me to be patient. They said they went for it on the 6th. From a quick google, a SEPA direct debit can take up to 6 business days and it's only 4 as of end of business today. I'll contact them on Thursday if nothing has happened.

I heard back with them telling me to be patient. They said they went for it on the 6th. From a quick google, a SEPA direct debit can take up to 6 business days and it's only 4 as of end of business today. I'll contact them on Thursday if nothing has happened.

It came out on Friday, Mika Timing same as above. Looking back on other forums I've seen people wait for 2 and a half weeks. I wouldn't fret over it, the confirmation email is the important thing. If they forget to charge out all the better. (They won't forget to charge you).

Out of curiosity when applying for the lottery, did anyone add extras?? Reason I'm asking is I know 3 other lads that applied and didn't get it, they all put down the basic fee, 108 i think. I added the race video and something else for 118. Surely it doesn't improve the chances in the lottery!!!

Out of curiosity when applying for the lottery, did anyone add extras?? Reason I'm asking is I know 3 other lads that applied and didn't get it, they all put down the basic fee, 108 i think. I added the race video and something else for 118. Surely it doesn't improve the chances in the lottery!!!

I just added the race and the chip rental - 114 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Chip and video here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

It makes no difference, in my opinion. Just my personal experience and some anecdotal evidence, but last year I bought nothing bar the race fee and chip, and got in. This year I added the finisher's top, and didn't. Another chap in the club bought so much stuff he was nearly hoping he wouldn't get in. A good half dozen from the club did, but he was unsuccessful.

• Advertisement

My payment came out this morning. Officially in! :)

Advertisement