Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Update Issues

Options
  • 27-10-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Had to reinstall a laptop at the weekend , Windows 7 on a New drive Activated fine but it will not Find or download any windows 7 updates.

Thought it might be a corrupt file or something and since it was a clean install I just did it all again . Same issue

googled furiously and have tried everything for the "Fix it" repair tools from MS and also Reset windows update components and still nothing , it just scans and scans and receives no updates.

I proceeded to download the windows updates manually but those files don't install, the first and only thing they do is try check for system updates which finds nothing . so I am stumped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

c:\windows\windowsupdate.log

Contains the logs of the last update(s) the machine attempted to download or install. Have a look there to see what's up or even post it up here if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ok so Lot of stuff in the list , So I deleted it and restarted ,

First things I notice , not sure its a issue
    Wsus server NULL ??
    *********** Agent: Initializing Windows Update Agent ***********
    * Prerequisite roots succeeded.
    *********** Agent: Initializing global settings cache ***********
    * WSUS server: <NULL>
    * WSUS status server: <NULL>
    * Target group: (Unassigned Computers)
    * Windows Update access disabled: No
    DnldMgr Download manager restoring 0 downloads

also appears to be a driver issue
    Driver Matched driver to device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_01F21028&REV_12
    Driver Status: 0x1802400, ProblemNumber: 0x00001c
    Driver Matched driver to device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_01F21028&REV_12
    Driver Status: 0x1802400, ProblemNumber: 0x00001c
    Driver Matched driver to device USB\VID_05A9&PID_2640&REV_0100&MI_00
    Driver Status: 0x180600a, ProblemNumber: 00000000

I will look into these ,
    cheers for pointing me in some sort of direction

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Joeface

Cheers for the replies , In the end I had to Roll back to just after I installed the OS , reload the Ricoh Drivers (stupid)
    Reboot , and the let it sit for 24hours checking for updates ...............Now that it actually completed It was a approved for windows 10 ,So its currently doing that update

Advertisement