Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deathcrusher

Options
  • 27-10-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

What a gig, amazing line up, though a little surprised that Obituary were second on the bill not Napalm Death, but that's just my opinion.

Herod, pretty good hadn't heard them before.
    Voivod, brilliant, Snake was really up for it.
    Napalm Death, stole the show as far as I'm concerned.
    Obituary, again brilliant, can't believe John still has that head of hair.
    Carcass, headlined but came out second best to Napalm (but a close second)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lameusername

Hadn't seen napalm in years. Was good alright. I think Barney has to be my favorite bloke in metal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought Obituary stole the show and should have been the main act, I am a huge Carcass fan but just thought that Obituary's sound was richer, louder and deeper. During Carcass and Napalm death the sound wasn't as loud as usual for first few songs then the volume went up as time went on. Voivod were fantastic but unfortunately most people did'nt seem to know who they were, the venue was only starting to fill up at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Voivod - did nothing for me, hadn't heard them before and thought they were Herod for some reason
    Napalm Death - the Scum and Harmony Corruption material was great, the rest didn't do it for me.
    Obituary were fantastic, pity I'd seen them playing the first 3 which was a better set but they were still great.
    Carcass were really good, better than when I'd seen them in the Academy, glad Jeff decided to do less talking. Bill Steer is a cool mutha.

Advertisement