Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re standing order

Options
  • 27-10-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Morning ,I have two standing orders linking to two term loans current coming out of my current account.

My question is I would prefer the payments to come out of my joint account where all my bills come out of as it makes it easier to keep track of the money left in my account.

Is this allowed ? and who do I ring to sort it out as I mentioned it on a previous call to the usual 365 number and they did not know where to request it from.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

txt_mess wrote: »
    Morning ,I have two standing orders linking to two term loans current coming out of my current account.

My question is I would prefer the payments to come out of my joint account where all my bills come out of as it makes it easier to keep track of the money left in my account.

Is this allowed ? and who do I ring to sort it out as I mentioned it on a previous call to the usual 365 number and they did not know where to request it from.

Thanks
    Hi txt_mess,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

You can add this to your joint account on your 365 Online profile by selecting;

-Manage Accounts
    -Manage Standing Orders
    -Set Up New Standing Order

You can enter your loan details and begin the standing order from your joint account. Once this has been added successfully you can then delete the existing standing order to ensure duplicate payments are not processed.

If you do not currently have your joint account on your online profile you can add this to your existing account by selecting 'Add My BOI account or policy' from the 'Online Service Desk'. This can take up to five working days to process.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

txt_mess wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi txt_mess,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

You can add this to your joint account on your 365 Online profile by selecting;

-Manage Accounts
    -Manage Standing Orders
    -Set Up New Standing Order

You can enter your loan details and begin the standing order from your joint account. Once this has been added successfully you can then delete the existing standing order to ensure duplicate payments are not processed.

If you do not currently have your joint account on your online profile you can add this to your existing account by selecting 'Add My BOI account or policy' from the 'Online Service Desk'. This can take up to five working days to process.

Thanks,

Evie
    Thanks Evie, That's great just one further question when I go into manage standing orders I don't have the option to remove existing standing orders do I have to ring up for this ? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi, 

To delete an existing standing order please go to 

-Manage Accounts
    -Manage Standing Orders

Select the dot beside the loan standing order and below you will see 'Delete'  

If you still do not see this, it may be that the payment is in fact a SEPA Direct Debit. The easiest way to cancel these is by going to your transaction history and finding the last payment out of your account to the loan. The narrative on this transaction will tell you whether it is a DD (Direct Debit) or an SO (Standing Order) if the transaction says DD you can simply click and cancel the direct debit from there. If the payment is in fact a direct debit you will have to call the loans department to have the account details changed over to your joint account. 

I hope this answers your query fully, 

Evie  

Advertisement