Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury to bring back Fuse or Marble!

Options
  • 27-10-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

According to their Facebook page, Cadbury is asking people to vote for which bar they want to see brought back; Fuse or Marble.
    I'd personally love to see Marble back; that was a gorgeous piece of confectionery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I honestly have not the first clue what you're talking about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

endacl wrote: »
    I honestly have not the first clue what you're talking about.

Fuse and Marble bars aren't made any more and Cadbury are going to bring back one of them.

I loved Marble too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Bring back top deck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Fuse will most definitely get my vote! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Never had a marble, I guess it was just white & milk chocolate but see it has hazelnut praline so now I would like either back.

Fuse was a good solid bar.

Maybe marble was got rid of as being too expensive to make, but with rising chocolate costs it might not be as bad relative to others. I heard peanut butter kitkats were scrapped due to high cost of production.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh Marble for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bring back top deck!

Ditto - once its the original, non-melded version. The white chocolate has to be seperate from the milk (albeit joined together).

They still have the ability to make it as the Spots & Stripes bar from the 2012 Olympics and their Christmas Tree bar last year are made identically.

Neither of the bars proposed were all that great, really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

used to love fuse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can't remember fuse but have a memory of marble and my initial reaction was ''didn't that have a horrible praline''

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Can't remember fuse but have a memory of marble and my initial reaction was ''didn't that have a horrible praline''

HORRIBLE? HORRRIBBBLLLEEE?
    Why you little.. *shakes fist*
    I'll have you know that praline was next to heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dealornodeal23

Please bring back RUM AND BUTTER BAR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The difficulty here is that what was a Marble bar as we know it will now be a king size marble bar and not a regular. Progressively over time they'll whittle this new regular down, bit by bit, to what they and you both know is really a funsize, and the cycle will continue.

This may turn out worse than the stolen sweets from the Christmas tin, 1,046g tin when I was young, now is 960g or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Please bring back RUM AND BUTTER BAR

Please, please, please!

If I had to pick between Marble or Fuse I would pick Marble.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Marble for me! But no matter what one they bring back it won't taste the same as the old days :(

fussyonion wrote: »
    HORRIBLE? HORRRIBBBLLLEEE?
    Why you little.. *shakes fist*
    I'll have you know that praline was next to heaven!

:)

I was a kid so wouldn't have been a fan of praline then I'm sure, quite like it now. Have googled fuse, could remember the bar but not the taste and it sounds more awesome than marble I'm afraid :p

My vote 100% would be for top deck if they had that in...or even better, for cadbury to start manufacturing their version of milka's triolade bar. Now THAT is a bar of chocolate. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Flake snow
    http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/snowflake1.jpg

searching for a pic of flake snow uncovered a flake mint image too
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5iVBWqJv8Bk/Uoc9DxeXd1I/AAAAAAAADMQ/lPAeno4JBBw/s1600/cad-flakemint1.jpg

I thought all flakes were made in Ireland? So how come Australia has been given the rights to this beauty and not us? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Bring back Touchdown

Cadbury chocolate isn't as nice as it once was ever since Kraft bought it. They plan to move production to Poland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bring back Touchdown

Cadbury chocolate isn't as nice as it once was ever since Kraft bought it. They plan to move production to Poland.

Fact it's gone so downhill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement