Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight down?

Options
  • 27-10-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

I can't access cp.blacknight or any other resource on the main blacknight website. When will the service be restored?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can't seem to open emails here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

http://blacknight.tech/major-outage-affecting-our-network/

[font=Arial, sans-serif]"We are currently experiencing a network-related outage that is affecting almost all services.  It is our highest priority right now and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible."[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

There was nothing on http://blacknight.tech/ but I just checked https://twitter.com/blacknight. Major outage. Possibly a DDOS.

What does a DDOS mean? Any idea how long something like this might take to get back on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Our technical team are working on resolving a network issue:
    http://blacknight.tech/major-outage-affecting-our-network/

We will update the blog post once we know more. We don't have an ETA on service resolution yet.

• Advertisement

Would you have any idea at all? Minutes, hours, days? I haven't a clue :)

all services still offline, major outage alright, hope to see it fixed soon, is a busy time of the week for something like this..

cormie wrote: »
    Would you have any idea at all? Minutes, hours, days? I haven't a clue :)
    We're working on it - due to the nature of the attack it's impossible for us to provide an ETA on resolution at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The tech site is down now too.

Very strange

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

My hosted site is back online.
    "While our main site and other services are coming back online our offsite status site seems to be having issues - we're looking into it" according to their twitter.

• Advertisement

Everything seems back for me :)

cormie wrote: »
    Everything seems back for me :)
    It should be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I just got a call from a client to say all their email was down. I checked the cp and their MX records had changed to disable what was previously there and [font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]10 filtered.antispam.ie.[/font] was activated. Seriously.... this is a pain in the ass, all their mail since yesterday is gone in to a black hole!

smash wrote: »
    I just got a call from a client to say all their email was down. I checked the cp and their MX records had changed to disable what was previously there and [font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]10 filtered.antispam.ie.[/font] was activated. Seriously.... this is a pain in the ass, all their mail since yesterday is gone in to a black hole!
    This is a separate issue from yesterday's outage.

However, it was also an issue for me on several occasions: setting up MX records for hosted exchange only for them to them be disabled and replaced with that other record days later. Should have it's own thread really.

jooksavage wrote: »

However, it was also an issue for me on several occasions: setting up MX records for hosted exchange only for them to them be disabled and replaced with that other record days later. Should have it's own thread really.
    It only happened after the outage though. I can't have this happening on a repeat basis.

jooksavage wrote: »
    I just got a call from a client to say all their email was down. I checked the cp and their MX records had changed to disable what was previously there and [font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]10 filtered.antispam.ie.[/font] was activated. Seriously.... this is a pain in the ass, all their mail since yesterday is gone in to a black hole!

It only happened after the outage though. I can't have this happening on a repeat basis.
    It's been going on for months for other people. I first logged a ticket about this back in April.

As if the CP isn't awkward enough to find your way around, I don't want to be dealing with this issue again :mad:

Please contact our helpdesk if you haven't done so already. Your issue is unrelated to our network outage yesterday.

Blacknight wrote: »
    Please contact our helpdesk if you haven't done so already. Your issue is unrelated to our network outage yesterday.
    I tried live chat this morning and there were no operators available. I'll try again soon.

• Advertisement

Blacknight wrote: »
    I tried live chat this morning and there were no operators available. I'll try again soon.
    Ok - if you have issues please provide the ticket ID and we can flag it internally

Advertisement