Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Warnings

Options
  • 27-10-2015 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I have received 2 warnings from a Power Hungry Mod because I agree with another posters comment re an EA. The Post was also removed . It was in Accommodation and Property . The Posters statement "I wouldn't ask an Estate Agent the right time" was liked by other posters , but obviously didn't sit well with Mod as he instructed the poster "not to post on this thread again" . I , disagree and found the comment to most constructive . Many people who have dealt with EAs would concur, that they wouldn't believe a word that comes out of their mouths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Warning upheld. (note I only see one against your account)

This is a yellow card, a virtual slap on the wrist or a wake up call.
    None of the forums here accept on thread disputes of a moderator instruction.

You had a few choices
    > take it to PM
    > report the mod post with your concerns (in a constructive fashion, note power hungry sets one's teeth on edge).

From A&P Charter:
    Any problems with the moderators then feel free to PM us. If you are still unhappy then start a thread in Help Desk.
    &
    Questioning a mod action in a thread is considered off topic and unhelpful posting and may result in a ban from the forum.

Nowhere in that list of reasonable replies is there a challenge on thread. Were that to be allowed most threads would become trainwrecks with various posters disputing mod posts. Just not done.

Warning upheld, you can go to admin if you choose but strongly recommend you just accept that if you've an issue with mod direction you never ever derail a thread like this again.

Cheers.
    Taltos

Advertisement