Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance

• 27-10-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10

Hi Folks, I currently hold a health insurance policy with laya which is due for renewal soon. Last year I took a break of 12 weeks after my insurance lapsed with another insurer before I joined laya. I am aware that it is possible to wait 13 weeks between renewals without it being classed as a break in cover.

Can anyone tell me if I could avail of this break again or is it just a once off thing, 13 weeks overall. I've held insurance the last 10 years however I am on maternity leave at the moment and money is tight if i could delay paying a premium it would help. I have hsf cover through work in case of emergencies. I have tried contacting HIA Ireland but no reply...Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

You can take up to another 13 week break, but your old insurer does not have to take you back on the same terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Im pretty sure any health insurance co has to take you on the same as any other customer looking to buy a plan. The break in cover limit applies every gap in policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Im pretty sure any health insurance co has to take you on the same as any other customer looking to buy a plan. The break in cover limit applies every gap in policies.

They have to take you back, but they don't have to take you back on the same terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I am due to renew on 01/12 and had a look around various alternatives in the past week or so. This is just to let anybody who is interested know that on checking this morning discovered that LAYA have a 10% discount on their Flex 250 explore plan. Appears to be a reasonably policy for middle of the roaders like myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 larossa

Thanks all for the advice, I managed to speak to someone in the Health Insurance Authority also who was able to confirm I could avail of this break again while I shop around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement