Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan / no substantial savings

• 27-10-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering has anyone ever recieved a credit union loan with no substantial savings in their union account ? A relative is willing to go guarentee on a loan I apply for with the credit union but I'm wondering is this possible ? My ability to repay is no problem , it's just I haven't saved a whole lot in the credit union

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

IN ye olde days, CU loans of 3 or 4 times the savings could have been applied for without too much hassle. Now most require bank statements etc showing ability to repay as the main deciding factor so if you have the money elsewhere you'll be OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Dodge wrote: »
    IN ye olde days, CU loans of 3 or 4 times the savings could have been applied for without too much hassle. Now most require bank statements etc showing ability to repay as the main deciding factor so if you have the money elsewhere you'll be OK

You mean if I had proof of a weekly wage that would be sufficient for them ? Also is repayments set up from a bank acc direct debit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It's up to each credit union what they ask for. No harm in giving them a call and see what they require. Wage slips would help show you've a regular income and could meet the payments so yeah, whatever helps your case....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Dodge wrote: »
    It's up to each credit union what they ask for. No harm in giving them a call and see what they require. Wage slips would help show you've a regular income and could meet the payments so yeah, whatever helps your case....

Thanks for your help

Advertisement