Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita out of stock everywhere?

• 27-10-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Wanted to pick one up a new one today in a brick and mortar shop. Stock checkers in Smyths, gamestop and Argos say there are none. Are they that unpopular? Second hand ones in CEX and gamestop but I'd prefer new, not much more expensive. Any suggestions where to buy?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wanted to pick one up a new one today in a brick and mortar shop. Stock checkers in Smyths, gamestop and Argos say there are none. Are they that unpopular? Second hand ones in CEX and gamestop but I'd prefer new, not much more expensive. Any suggestions where to buy?

Buy one online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yes but that defeats the point of an impulse buy! Surely to God there is a shop in Limerick selling them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Yes but that defeats the point of an impulse buy! Surely to God there is a shop in Limerick selling them...

You can check the condition of any console you buy in cex before handing over any cash, and it'd usually be cheaper than the regular shops.

You can check the condition of any console you buy in cex before handing over any cash, and it'd usually be cheaper than the regular shops.
    Yeah, seems CEX is the only option at this stage. Vita seems impossible to buy new in Ireland now.

sugarman wrote: »
    Try the likes of Harvey Norman, Powercity, DID etc.. They usually have stock sitting around longer.

I got a brand new original OLED model in Feb from Harvey Norman for €100, was sitting in a display cabinet and was the last one. Was a tad dusty, but was never even turned on.. still had plastic over the screen and rear touchpads like new.

Manger went off and even came back with the box. Mem card / game was missing from the bundle so bargained him down.

Ended up using up a one4all voucher I had enough left on then:D
    Okay will do. Went into CEX this morning but couldn't bring myself to get a used one. Smyths are out of stock nationwide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Tesco.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Tesco.
    Really? Have you seen them in Tesco recently?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Teso in longford has a few on display. Tesco is actually a good shout for a vita cos they either have them behind the Electronics counter or Customer Service so are not always out on display

Yep, Nenagh had some up until recently but I've haven't been there in a few weeks.

Great, thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Also try an Xtravision/HMV if there is one near you...

tallpaul wrote: »
    Also try an Xtravision/HMV if there is one near you...
    Ahh yes, I think there is one in the Parkway.

Rang the Tesco in the Crescent. Got transferred a few times and was then told they don't have them and never stocked them.

Okay, so xtravision does not stock them anymore. Perhaps the actual HMV in the Crescent...

Whatever the case, Irish retailers have given up on this product. Amazon is expensive. Littlewoods have some for sale online but I've never dealt with them....

Xtravision/hmv in Ennis has some in their display cabinet. And I was in the hmv in the crescent before and they had them behind the counter but at full price.
    May have dropped by now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Xtravision/hmv in Ennis has some in their display cabinet. And I was in the hmv in the crescent before and they had them behind the counter but at full price.
    May have dropped by now.
    Rang HMV in the Crescent but they just have one display model at 10% off full price.
    Might try ringing Xtravision in Ennis tomorrow so.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have a look on adverts and done deal as there gone crazy cheap now with memory card. Seen loads go for about 100 euros. Also have a look on your local things for sale page as thats where the true gaming bargins are as you never know what you might find on them.

Also i have no problems buying a 2nd hand one myself just use a anti bacterial wipe when you buy it be grand.

As long as the screen is perfect you should be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Hi,

I bought a PS Vita at CEX just last month and I couldn't be any happier. Don't worry, they give you a guarantee and everything, and the devices appear to be very well kept.

Just a tip also, get the old, cheaper model. PS Vita 1000 I think they call it. You'd think it'd be worse but actually the only downsides are weight and battery life, which I don't notice myself, and there is an upside of a fancy glass screen, which apparently Sony replaced with a flismy cheap screen on the slim version. Getting a screen downgrade after paying more would be a deal breaker for me, just look at side by side comparisons http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/53406/ps-vita-slim-review

Also they sell memory cards too at a low price, but make sure to check that it says PS Vita on the cards, twice now the staff tried to sell me the wrong memory card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Looking for new Lego mega bundle, was due to be released on October but can't find it in stock anywhere.

Anyone know where I can get this online??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can't find any news on it online if it delayed ??

• Advertisement

Small update. Ended up getting one secondhand in Gamestop in St Stephen's Green last Saturday. Went with the 2000 as the 1000s they had were scratched badly.
    Anyways, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus has me occupied the last few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Small update. Ended up getting one secondhand in Gamestop in St Stephen's Green last Saturday. Went with the 2000 as the 1000s they had were scratched badly.
    Anyways, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus has me occupied the last few days!

How much was one second hand?

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much was one second hand?
    159.99, this one was in immaculate condition. I got him to open pretty much every box!

Advertisement