Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

€200 for 2 nosebleeds on ticket master, tickets printed and all. Cheers for the help folks!

Very, very jealous. :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

€200 for 2 nosebleeds on ticket master, tickets printed and all. Cheers for the help folks!

Sweet, would love to watch a game in Chicago.
    Nosebleeds or not, there really aren't many bad seats in nba venues, you will have a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Sweet, would love to watch a game in Chicago.
    Nosebleeds or not, there really aren't many bad seats in nba venues, you will have a blast.

Went to a load of raptors games last year, really isnt bad seats, size of court means you dont really miss anything

astonaidan wrote: »
    Went to a load of raptors games last year, really isnt bad seats, size of court means you dont really miss anything

I love NBA games, I go to a good few Warriors games, not as much as I use to but Friday night games are so much fun, you get some really eccentric characters, super atmosphere, beer gets flowing, it's a great time.
    Definitely my favorite sporting event to go to, I love soccer and all that but watching live basketball can be so much more entertaining on different levels

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

yeah, basketball beats everything for the whole 'package' when it comes to live sporting experience! been to 4 so far, and going to raptors/okc in march as well...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I love NBA games, I go to a good few Warriors games, not as much as I use to but Friday night games are so much fun, you get some really eccentric characters, super atmosphere, beer gets flowing, it's a great time.
    Definitely my favorite sporting event to go to, I love soccer and all that but watching live basketball can be so much more entertaining on different levels
    For sure, I said the same thing, the only sporting event that beats a basketball game for me, was when Ireland last played New Zealand and we got beat with the last kick of the ball, but that was due to the massive highs and lows.
    Basketball for me is like a party with sport played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

GSW win again whilst genuinely not playing well. 35-2, now one game ahead of Bulls 72-10 pacing (they were 34-3 when they went 72-10).

Watch curry immediately after he shoots the 3 in the corner turning to the Sacramento bench, bit of a knob move but he's on fire at the mo:
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings/2016/01/09/0021500556-gsw-sac-play7.nba/

I guess 73 is really on now, depending on how much they want it AND of course on injuries.

Caveat: they have yet to play the Spurs at all, have to play them 4 times in total and 2 of their last 4 regular season games are against...the Spurs (the other two are the Grizzlies). A lucky bit of help with the scheduling there.....(I was hoping to be in San Fran with work in a couple of weeks to go to the first of those games but I'm not going now. :mad: Going to Miami a week later where I'm genuinely debating if I'll even go to the Heat and Rockets (only game on when I'm there). There's no-one on court I think I'm really interested in seeing in the flesh (I've seen the bigger names in US games or other NBA games) so depends, may go, may not. Heat Rockets doesn't really have the same draw as Warriors Spurs, does it? :()

EVERYONE (as per usual) is forgetting about San Antonio. They're 32-6, and will prob do 65+ wins this year. YES, 32-6, and no-one is talking about them. I don't know how they get away with being under the radar as much as they do. I really don't! You'd think by now people would have figured it out?

Listened to the BS podcast yesterday, it's 99% football but he does a few mins B'ball at the end. As someone on here recently mentioned the Clipps, he's pretty adamant the Clippers need to make a major trade (and he put Paul on the block) or else they're screwed. Their window is really this year only as he sees it. He'd make a trade for everyone except Griffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

GSW win again whilst genuinely not playing well. 35-2, now one game ahead of Bulls 72-10 pacing (they were 34-3 when they went 72-10).

Watch curry immediately after he shoots the 3 in the corner turning to the Sacramento bench, bit of a knob move but he's on fire at the mo:

I guess 73 is really on now, depending on how much they want it AND of course on injuries.

Caveat: they have yet to play the Spurs at all, have to play them 4 times in total and 2 of their last 4 regular season games are against...the Spurs (the other two are the Grizzlies). A lucky bit of help with the scheduling there.....(I was hoping to be in San Fran with work in a couple of weeks to go to the first of those games but I'm not going now. :mad: Going to Miami a week later where I'm genuinely debating if I'll even go to the Heat and Rockets (only game on when I'm there). There's no-one on court I think I'm really interested in seeing in the flesh (I've seen the bigger names in US games or other NBA games) so depends, may go, may not. Heat Rockets doesn't really have the same draw as Warriors Spurs, does it? :()

EVERYONE (as per usual) is forgetting about San Antonio. They're 32-6, and will prob do 65+ wins this year. YES, 32-6, and no-one is talking about them. I don't know how they get away with being under the radar as much as they do. I really don't! You'd think by now people would have figured it out?

Listened to the BS podcast yesterday, it's 99% football but he does a few mins B'ball at the end. As someone on here recently mentioned the Clipps, he's pretty adamant the Clippers need to make a major trade (and he put Paul on the block) or else they're screwed. Their window is really this year only as he sees it. He'd make a trade for everyone except Griffin.

I seen the that GSW are only an underdog away to the Spurs in March some time based on Vegas odds handicap lines.

Clips were my tip for the preseason but Josh Smith and Stephenson didn't even play last night. They badly needed some depth and on paper they definitely made some decent moves but even with Rivers there, something just isn't right.

Yea, was watching the game, bit of a cocky move from Curry but things get pretty chippy against the Kings and there was probably a lot of trash talk coming from Kings bench.
    I got a serious man crush on Curry, I love everything about him, ever since his days at Davidson, he conducts himself so well and the talent speaks for itself. I even watch the silly vines he does with his wife, you have these other clowns that are half the athlete he is out there behaving like idiots, getting into all kinds of situations and he seems to be just happy to be with his family, its refreshing. I think growing up in the NBA probably really helped him, able to bypass the traps of getting instant fame.

I think there is nothing between Spurs and Warriors, bit of a coin toss for me. Its true that Warriors get all the attention by media but the more knowledgeable fans and reporters know the story. Its just how the Spurs operate, they just take care of things in a business like manner, its all about Popovich, the man is a genius.
    Was going to go to Spurs game, some friends are going but tickets are crazy expensive, will just wait for playoffs to spend that type of money.

Clippers are a tough one, obviously not working in regards to winning a championship but you got Paul, Griffin and Jordan, would be a very interesting trade to replace 2 of these 3. The rest of the team is very tradable of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lionel Hollins sacked.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Lionel Hollins sacked.

as is billy king

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I hope Kerr's back coaching before the Spurs game at the end of the month. Not that Walton hasn't done an awesome job (He's probably has the Lakers job if he wants it) but there's been some questionable decisions like when the bench rotation was diabolical last month (They're a bit better now), he should have played a hybrid of starters and bench guys. The big question hanging over the franchise is what to do with Harrison Barnes in the summer (less so Ezeli). Someone will offer him to max so it's a question of whether locking into the core of Curry, Thompson, Green and Barnes for the next 3/4 years or seeing who's available in the market. I wouldn't mind trading Bogut and giving Ezeli his salary as although he's a good rim protector, his offensive numbers have been declining. Still not sure who'd take Bogut on his salary (Think it's $10+ million) without a few draft picks.

Yea, was watching the game, bit of a cocky move from Curry but things get pretty chippy against the Kings and there was probably a lot of trash talk coming from Kings bench.
    I got a serious man crush on Curry, I love everything about him, ever since his days at Davidson, he conducts himself so well and the talent speaks for itself. I even watch the silly vines he does with his wife, you have these other clowns that are half the athlete he is out there behaving like idiots, getting into all kinds of situations and he seems to be just happy to be with his family, its refreshing. I think growing up in the NBA probably really helped him, able to bypass the traps of getting instant fame.

I think there is nothing between Spurs and Warriors, bit of a coin toss for me. Its true that Warriors get all the attention by media but the more knowledgeable fans and reporters know the story. Its just how the Spurs operate, they just take care of things in a business like manner, its all about Popovich, the man is a genius.
    Was going to go to Spurs game, some friends are going but tickets are crazy expensive, will just wait for playoffs to spend that type of money.

Clippers are a tough one, obviously not working in regards to winning a championship but you got Paul, Griffin and Jordan, would be a very interesting trade to replace 2 of these 3. The rest of the team is very tradable of course.

It's hard not to like the guy. As I posted previously he seems genuinely humble and a nice guy and very grateful for what's he's got and what he's earned. His attitude about his salary speaks volumes for the guy. He's obviously had good parents and a good upbringing but he also (crucially I think) got married early and had a child early - keeps you grounded. And all of that's before you even talk about his game.

Want a funny one related to him though? Guess who was pretty much the only pundit to say Curry should have gone No.1 at draft time (despite being from a nowhere school)? Not me*.......Skip Bayless! :eek::eek::eek: I sh!t you not. Fo reals!

*though I as on him very early, earlier than anyone on boards by a mile....I'm looking at all of the members of the John Wall Fan Club when I say that - you know who you are. :D

It's hard not to like the guy. As I posted previously he seems genuinely humble and a nice guy and very grateful for what's he's got and what he's earned. His attitude about his salary speaks volumes for the guy. He's obviously had good parents and a good upbringing but he also (crucially I think) got married early and had a child early - keeps you grounded. And all of that's before you even talk about his game.

Want a funny one related to him though? Guess who was pretty much the only pundit to say Curry should have gone No.1 at draft time (despite being from a nowhere school)? Not me*.......Skip Bayless! :eek::eek::eek: I sh!t you not. Fo reals!

*though I as on him very early, earlier than anyone on boards by a mile....I'm looking at all of the members of the John Wall Fan Club when I say that - you know who you are. :D

throw enough **** and you will hit on something eventually :D

I hope Kerr's back coaching before the Spurs game at the end of the month. Not that Walton hasn't done an awesome job (He's probably has the Lakers job if he wants it) but there's been some questionable decisions like when the bench rotation was diabolical last month (They're a bit better now), he should have played a hybrid of starters and bench guys. The big question hanging over the franchise is what to do with Harrison Barnes in the summer (less so Ezeli). Someone will offer him to max so it's a question of whether locking into the core of Curry, Thompson, Green and Barnes for the next 3/4 years or seeing who's available in the market. I wouldn't mind trading Bogut and giving Ezeli his salary as although he's a good rim protector, his offensive numbers have been declining. Still not sure who'd take Bogut on his salary (Think it's $10+ million) without a few draft picks.

Not a chance they'll trade Bogut. He's FAR more valuable to that team than the numbers suggest. Bogut (as anyone who's seen him in the flesh will attest to) is simply HUGE, he's as wide as he is tall. You can't replace that size. And Bogut is a far better passer than given credit for. I said last year in the PlayOffs that keeping him healthy was as important to them as Curry, but in completely different ways.

If I'm them, I keep Barnes pretty much no matter what the cost and pay the luxury tax for 2016. I keep hearing about teams being afraid of the luxury tax but if you're winning championships it don't mean sh*t. You get it back manifold in merchandise and tickets and other income streams.

Plus Barnes and pretty much everyone who's a FA this summer ain't going anywhere.....they're all waiting for 2017. Why leave now when your contracts will effectively increase 35% minimum in 2017. You take what's on the table this summer to out yourself in a much stronger position in a bigger market with way more money in 2017.

I'll tell you who I fear for though - OKC. Both KD (he'll sign a 1 year as per the example above) and RW will be FA's in 2017 :eek::eek::eek: and I think they both leave.

throw enough **** and you will hit on something eventually :D

Yeah he had to get something right I suppose! :D

I'd listen to him over that other idiot Stephen A. any day though. To think that guys make millions a year talking the sh*t he does?

Walton has been great but there is a general opinion that this warriors team doesn't need much coaching, not saying they are so good they don't need a coach but they have all bought into a system with very little ego on the team.

Kerr is at the Warriors home games, he just isn't courtside, will ne nice to get him back though.

As Butters said, Bogut is extremely critical to the Warriors success, it just can't be measured by numbers, you have to watch the games. He is a massive presence on the defensive end for Warriors, he closes off that lane, changes shots without doing anything.

I think they will find a way to keep Barnes, the owners have been too smart to not make the right decision. Chemistry is too good to break it up now, talks of making move for Durant, I am not sure about that one.

Walton has been great but there is a general opinion that this warriors team doesn't need much coaching, not saying they are so good they don't need a coach but they have all bought into a system with very little ego on the team.

Kerr is at the Warriors home games, he just isn't courtside, will ne nice to get him back though.

As Butters said, Bogut is extremely critical to the Warriors success, it just can't be measured by numbers, you have to watch the games. He is a massive presence on the defensive end for Warriors, he closes off that lane, changes shots without doing anything.

I think they will find a way to keep Barnes, the owners have been too smart to not make the right decision. Chemistry is too good to break it up now, talks of making move for Durant, I am not sure about that one.

Can't imagine the KD to GSW thing happening (meant to post on the way back) as it's too complicated for a variety of reasons (no-trade clauses, who do you trade? the money to a lesser degree) but it would be fascinating to see it if it did. Assuming it's the old KD of course.

I think Durant either stays, goes to Washington or goes to a top market team. GSW is close but I think Lakers perhaps if the pieces fit. I think Lakers is a distant third tbh

brady23 wrote: »
    I think Durant either stays, goes to Washington or goes to a top market team. GSW is close but I think Lakers perhaps if the pieces fit. I think Lakers is a distant third tbh

I'd say lakers are a distant 20th

• Advertisement

Biggest brand in the league its irrelevant their position now. Increase in salary cap, loads of cap space, 2 decent young pieces, really good chance to add a top player in upcoming draft. Bag Ingram or Simmons and I assure, they're 100% not 20th

Biggest brand in the league its irrelevant their position now. Increase in salary cap, loads of cap space, 2 decent young pieces, really good chance to add a top player in upcoming draft. Bag Ingram or Simmons and I assure, they're 100% not 20th
    It's not done much for them in the free agency market in a long time. Also not sure why he'd leave established stars like Westbrook and Ibaka for young pieces.

The market thing is not close to as big as it was these days

It's not done much for them in the free agency market in a long time. Also not sure why he'd leave established stars like Westbrook and Ibaka for young pieces.

The market thing is not close to as big as it was these days

I think they done pretty ok in free agency in recent years. They got Dwight and Nash. It didn't work but on paper they built a "superteam". Past couple of years but that was obviously the Kobe thing.
    The market thing is as big when talking about the Lakers, they dwarf everyone even when they're ****e. You can't play forever and building a brand is what these guys want.
    Not like Durant is leaving a winning team. If they win this year then he obviously won't leave but otherwise, its a possible consideration. I didnt say Lakers were favs by any means but they certainly wouldn't have no chance.

I think they done pretty ok in free agency in recent years. They got Dwight and Nash. It didn't work but on paper they built a "superteam". Past couple of years but that was obviously the Kobe thing.
    The market thing is as big when talking about the Lakers, they dwarf everyone even when they're ****e. You can't play forever and building a brand is what these guys want.
    Not like Durant is leaving a winning team. If they win this year then he obviously won't leave but otherwise, its a possible consideration. I didnt say Lakers were favs by any means but they certainly wouldn't have no chance.

But your not talking about leaving a losing team for a winning team your talking about leaving a potential contender for a rebuilding team. Also with regulates market the Knicks have had the biggest market in the league for years an done nothing. The lakers appeal was that under jerry buss they put out winner after winner after winner so you could be almost guaranteed a championship while living in Hollywood. That's gone now his son has shown no aptitude for team building

But your not talking about leaving a losing team for a winning team your talking about leaving a potential contender for a rebuilding team. Also with regulates market the Knicks have had the biggest market in the league for years an done nothing. The lakers appeal was that under jerry buss they put out winner after winner after winner so you could be almost guaranteed a championship while living in Hollywood. That's gone now his son has shown no aptitude for team building

The Knicks have a losing culture for 50 years, you can't compare them to the Lakers culture. The Lakers have been bad for like 5 years there is a big difference. Obviously similar in terms of market but the Lakers are still the biggest.
    I think its very much a win now scenario. Like the Clippers a bit. If Durant stays does Westbrook stay then? Is he happy being his sidekick for another 5 years.
    All I was saying is that the Lakers certainly aren't 20th that's all. I'd put on money them to get an interview with Durant. 19 other teams won't get that.

The Knicks have a losing culture for 50 years, you can't compare them to the Lakers culture. The Lakers have been bad for like 5 years there is a big difference. Obviously similar in terms of market but the Lakers are still the biggest.
    I think its very much a win now scenario. Like the Clippers a bit. If Durant stays does Westbrook stay then? Is he happy being his sidekick for another 5 years.
    All I was saying is that the Lakers certainly aren't 20th that's all. I'd put on money them to get an interview with Durant. 19 other teams won't get that.

nope you said they are 3rd thats madness i could see westbrook going maby because he is a hometown guy but the lakers have 8 wins right now until they show they can win games they are no more appealing than the knicks

nope you said they are 3rd thats madness i could see westbrook going maby because he is a hometown guy but the lakers have 8 wins right now until they show they can win games they are no more appealing than the knicks

A "distant third" and you said 20th. If we're both wrong 3rd is alot more realistic than 20th. Name some teams that have a far greater chance given their current situation than the Lakers? Ob OKC and Wizards are way ahead. The Lakers will get an interview for sure

A "distant third" and you said 20th. If we're both wrong 3rd is alot more realistic than 20th. Name some teams that have a far greater chance given their current situation than the Lakers? Ob OKC and Wizards are way ahead. The Lakers will get an interview for sure

20th was a joke but so is 3rd.

k not sure about the cap situations but il go

okc (i think he will stay)
    mavs (cuban has shown ability to put winning teams together and to spend whatever to do so)
    warriors (....)
    spurs (pop)
    heat (riley)
    rockets (doubt there is cap space but no state tax, his buddy harden and howard)
    bulls (good team around him +butler)
    cavs (team up with the old enemy for a guaranteed chip i think this is really under the radar but not all that unlikely)
    pacers (paul george)

and to a lesser extent (dont see these either btw)

wizards (home team)
    timberwolves (young cast but far far better than lakers)
    pelicans (team up with davis)
    hawks (close to home with a good team around him)

20th was a joke but so is 3rd.

k not sure about the cap situations but il go

mavs (cuban has shown ability to put winning teams together and to spend whatever to do so)
    warriors (....)
    spurs (pop)
    heat (riley)
    rockets (doubt there is cap space but no state tax, his buddy harden and howard)
    bulls (good team around him +butler)
    cavs (team up with the old enemy for a guaranteed chip i think this is really under the radar but not all that unlikely)
    pacers (paul george)

wizards (home team)
    timberwolves (young cast but far far better than lakers)
    pelicans (team up with davis)
    hawks (close to home with a good team around him)

Like I said "current situation".

mavs (cuban has shown ability to put winning teams together and to spend whatever to do so) Agreed but its an aging team so doubtful
    warriors (....) This just won't happen, they have a fantastic balance now and no cap space
    spurs (pop) Durant I don't believe would be interested in sacrificing his stats for this style and Pops time cos of health is limited I think
    heat (riley) Aging but I agree Riley is great and I think he'll meet them
    rockets (doubt there is cap space but no state tax, his buddy harden and howard) Worked last time with Bosh :-/
    bulls (good team around him +butler) No space
    cavs (team up with the old enemy for a guaranteed chip i think this is really under the radar but not all that unlikely) Not a hope....
    pacers (paul george) He won't got to the Pacers they have space

wizards (home team) Have a far better chance than almost all the above
    timberwolves (young cast but far far better than lakers) Small market and no chance of attracting anyone else
    pelicans (team up with davis) Could possibly work but more moves needed
    hawks (close to home with a good team around him) Again small market but they do have the space...

The Lakers have the most cash, the most historical appeal and the greatest ability to offer a massive increase in revenue. They are a far better option than almost everyone you mentioned. OKC then Wizards, then a few teams with a shout ie Lakers, Pelicans, Heat maybe Houston but some of those suggestions are laughable.

• Advertisement

Like I said "current situation".

mavs (cuban has shown ability to put winning teams together and to spend whatever to do so) Agreed but its an aging team so doubtfulcuban has shown the ability to reinvent teams the lakers current leaders have not
    warriors (....) This just won't happen, they have a fantastic balance now and no cap space
    spurs (pop) Durant I don't believe would be interested in sacrificing his stats for this style and Pops time cos of health is limited I thinkdurant has stats he needs a championship pop can give him that
    heat (riley) Aging but I agree Riley is great and I think he'll meet them
    rockets (doubt there is cap space but no state tax, his buddy harden and howard) Worked last time with Bosh :-/and the lakers worked with melo,howard etc:D
    bulls (good team around him +butler) No space bulls can make space
    cavs (team up with the old enemy for a guaranteed chip i think this is really under the radar but not all that unlikely) Not a hope....why not people didn't think lebron would go to miami why is this so different
    pacers (paul george) He won't got to the Pacers they have spacemore likely than the lakers

wizards (home team) Have a far better chance than almost all the above
    timberwolves (young cast but far far better than lakers) Small market and no chance of attracting anyone elsemarkets irrelivant in this day and age how many of the big names play in big markets?
    pelicans (team up with davis) Could possibly work but more moves needed
    hawks (close to home with a good team around him) Again small market but they do have the space...

The Lakers have the most cash, the most historical appeal and the greatest ability to offer a massive increase in revenue. They are a far better option than almost everyone you mentioned. OKC then Wizards, then a few teams with a shout ie Lakers, Pelicans, Heat maybe Houston but some of those suggestions are laughable.

the whole league is about to have cash, historical appeal is irrelevant otherwise he would be going to the celtics ;) , and as i said playing in a big market no longer means a massive increase in revenue lebron plays in cleveland for god sake, you are massively overrating the lakers chances name me the last big time free agent the lakers have signed?

Advertisement