Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

the whole league is about to have cash, historical appeal is irrelevant otherwise he would be going to the celtics ;) , and as i said playing in a big market no longer means a massive increase in revenue lebron plays in cleveland for god sake, you are massively overrating the lakers chances name me the last big time free agent the lakers have signed?

Dwight Howard who singlehandedly took Orlando to the Conference finals came 2nd in MVP voting in 2011 thats the last big name who was a huge signing.
    Who says I'm overstating its significance of their history and its not about the history alone anyway, its the combination of it, with the primetime TV, endorsements etc. Everyone wants LA and with Kobe gone, lots of big players would jump at it. BTW Cleveland is a huge sporting area. Ohio State, Cleveland Browns etc. 15th biggest team in the NBA on value.

Durant to the Cavs and the Pacers more likely than the Lakers?? Like the Pacers more likely than the Lakers. Any argument should be mute after that. Name the last big free agent the Pacers signed??
    And the Timberwolves??? They lose everybody. Love and Garnett... Why?? Cos no1 wants to go there!!

"How many of the big names play in big markets?"

Big names not in big markets???

Ha ok anyone outside of Forbes top 10 I'll deem small market and anyone in the ESPN top 30 pre season as big for the lols. Lets see how many went to the teams

Drummond=drafted
    Millsap=Signed ;)
    George=Drafted
    Horford Drafted
    Duncan Drafted
    Conley Drafted
    Davis=drafted
    Lillard drafted
    Aldridge signed;)
    Cousins drafted
    Wall drafted
    Gasol drafted
    Kawhi drafted
    Russ drafted
    Durant drafted
    Lebron drafted obv unique
    Kyrie drafted

Basically all the Big names in small market teams were drafted by them. Barely anyone signed

Harden, Melo, CP3, Dwight and Bosh all signed to teams cos they're big market teams

brady23 wrote: »
    Dwight Howard who singlehandedly took Orlando to the Conference finals came 2nd in MVP voting in 2011 thats the last big name who was a huge signing.
    Who says I'm overstating its significance of their history and its not about the history alone anyway, its the combination of it, with the primetime TV, endorsements etc. Everyone wants LA and with Kobe gone, lots of big players would jump at it. BTW Cleveland is a huge sporting area. Ohio State, Cleveland Browns etc. 15th biggest team in the NBA on value.
    howard was a traded he was not a free agent and he left immediately and if market was that important 15th is no good

Durant to the Cavs and the Pacers more likely than the Lakers?? Like the Pacers more likely than the Lakers. Any argument should be mute after that. Name the last big free agent the Pacers signed??cavs and pacers have stars to join up with the cavs in particular could be seen as close to a guaranteed chip as there is. pacers are down the list but i would say they could well be above the lakers they have paul george who do the lakers have?

And the Timberwolves??? They lose everybody. Love and Garnett... Why?? Cos no1 wants to go there!! i clearly stated that i didn't think he would go there but you said the lakers have a good young core the wolves have a better young core

"How many of the big names play in big markets?"

Big names not in big markets???

Ha ok anyone outside of Forbes top 10 I'll deem small market and anyone in the ESPN top 30 pre season as big for the lols. Lets see how many went to the teams

Drummond=drafted and will likely resign
    Millsap=Signed ;)
    George=Drafted and resigned
    Horford Drafted and resigned
    Duncan Drafted and resigned
    Conley Drafted and resigned
    Davis=drafted and resigned
    Lillard drafted and resigned??? i think he must be on his second contract is he???
    Aldridge signed;)
    Cousins drafted and resigned
    Wall drafted and resigned
    Gasol drafted nope traded from a big market team and then resigned
    Kawhi drafted and resigned
    Russ drafted and resigned he's the only one on this list so far that may leave in the near future
    Durant drafted and resigned and i think he will stay
    Lebron drafted obv unique why unique because its his home town surely that can't outdo the lure of a big market :D
    Kyrie drafted and resigned

Basically all the Big names in small market teams were drafted by them. Barely anyone signed
    nope they have al resigned in there small market teams an most of them dont want to leave every single one of them could be the star on the lakers,knicks or nets but they decided to stay
    Harden, Melo, CP3, Dwight and Bosh all signed to teams cos they're big market teams

with the last part you've proved my point if anything harden,melo,cp3,dwight and bosh are no more famous or more marketable for playing in a big market hell dwight has lost most of his marketability since moving from orlando. also bosh is in miami (the 19th biggest market in the nba)

edit: also if big market was such a big appeal the knicks would be attractive regardless of record they have until recently had sole ownership of the biggest market in sports

with the last part you've proved my point if anything harden,melo,cp3,dwight and bosh are no more famous or more marketable for playing in a big market hell dwight has lost most of his marketability since moving from orlando. also bosh is in miami (the 19th biggest market in the nba)

edit: also if big market was such a big appeal the knicks would be attractive regardless of record they have until recently had sole ownership of the biggest market in sports

Howard wanted the Lakers. He left cos it didnt work

The Pacers thing is genuinely too funny

The wolves have a better core obviously but he wont go there. We're being realistic here

I never said they didnt resign. I just simply gave you a list of big names in small markets and how they got there. No1 goes there is my point. They might stay but they don't choose to go there.

http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/ 9th Biggest Miami

Proved your point??? How??? They're less marketable cos they're not as good or not as appealing. Blake Griffin two-three years ago was one of the most marketable athlete in the world and he wasnt even a top 10 player. Why?? Cos hes a human highlight reel on primetime tv in LA!!

"with the last part you've proved my point if anything harden,melo,cp3,dwight and bosh are no more famous or more marketable for playing in a big market"

Gonna assume this is a joke....

Dwight regressed as a player still makes a tidy sum from endorsements

CP3 got his signature Jordan deal in LA. "few paragraphs down"
    Melo got his signature Jordan deal in NYC.
    http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-best-sneaker-endorsements-in-the-nba/?view=all
    Harden got his Adidas deal in Houston??? Its worth 200m guess he woulda got more in OKC???

You're so far removed from the reality of why these players move and whats on there mind when they make a decision. The fact that you honestly believe that Durant would consider the Pacers over the Lakers cos of Paul George is genuinely hilarious. I honestly think Larry Bird would find that funny

The Lakers might not sign Durant but they'll get an interview and have so much more of a chance than the majority of the teams you mentioned regardless of the reasons being cos of basketball or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Mmm, bit of a cat fight going on here, basketball thread is all about love ladies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The only real way I could see KD being a laker is if Russ goes too, both of them together in 2017. That's not as unrealistic as it sounds. Lakers don't and never have cared about luxury tax, new salary caps, TV deals etc.

The Westbrook to lakers rumours have been doing the rounds for years. He went to college there and I can see him returning. Whether he brings kd or not is the only real question on this one for me, if he moves at all.

On resigning with the team that drafted you (as someone posted previously) you're forgetting one thing - money. You ALWAYS get more if you stay. And these are multimillion dollar deals. In the NBA, money talks. Don't be naive enough to think there are guys who don't care about winning and are just in it for the money.

Secondly, someone so mentioned max deals. There are guys who have Max deals who are t max players, that's how it works. If your contract happens to be up at the right time and your team has a hole in your position then you're quids in. I'll not mention John Wall....oh damn, sorry, it just slipped out....

One other factor, weather. Seriously. Most NBA players don't actually live in the city they play for. They live in Florida.
    Minnesota is cold. I read an interview years ago with Love (I think, or it may have been Kirilenko) who said there was literally nothing to do there except go to the mall as it was just too cold to go outside. That's ok if you're a rookie maybe or a journeyman but if you have choice in where you go and have a wife and kids, that's a factor,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I love NBA games, I go to a good few Warriors games, not as much as I use to but Friday night games are so much fun, you get some really eccentric characters, super atmosphere, beer gets flowing, it's a great time.
    Definitely my favorite sporting event to go to, I love soccer and all that but watching live basketball can be so much more entertaining on different levels

Agreed, I saw the Clippers against the Bucks at the Staples Centre a couple of years ago and loved it, so went to 2 Orlando Magic games last year at the Amway against the Pistons and the Spurs.

Any time I'm in the States or Toronto from now on I'll try to see the local team.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

The only real way I could see KD being a laker is if Russ goes too, both of them together in 2017. That's not as unrealistic as it sounds. Lakers don't and never have cared about luxury tax, new salary caps, TV deals etc.

The Westbrook to lakers rumours have been doing the rounds for years. He went to college there and I can see him returning. Whether he brings kd or not is the only real question on this one for me, if he moves at all.

On resigning with the team that drafted you (as someone posted previously) you're forgetting one thing - money. You ALWAYS get more if you stay. And these are multimillion dollar deals. In the NBA, money talks. Don't be naive enough to think there are guys who don't care about winning and are just in it for the money.

Secondly, someone so mentioned max deals. There are guys who have Max deals who are t max players, that's how it works. If your contract happens to be up at the right time and your team has a hole in your position then you're quids in. I'll not mention John Wall....oh damn, sorry, it just slipped out....

One other factor, weather. Seriously. Most NBA players don't actually live in the city they play for. They live in Florida.
    Minnesota is cold. I read an interview years ago with Love (I think, or it may have been Kirilenko) who said there was literally nothing to do there except go to the mall as it was just too cold to go outside. That's ok if you're a rookie maybe or a journeyman but if you have choice in where you go and have a wife and kids, that's a factor,

Not sure about the numbers, but Aldridge left a substantial amount on the table choosing Spurs over the blazers. (although this is an exception, but it does happen)

the blazers are a team that could make a move for kd, as far as I know they have tonnes of cap space, and an owner that isn't afraid to splash the cash(Wilson in nfl)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Not sure about the numbers, but Aldridge left a substantial amount on the table choosing Spurs over the blazers. (although this is an exception, but it does happen)

the blazers are a team that could make a move for kd, as far as I know they have tonnes of cap space, and an owner that isn't afraid to splash the cash(Wilson in nfl)

David West left over 11 million on the table to join the Spurs too.

On the big market/small market thing, players will want to join teams that have a winning culture, not big markets. The Lakers and Knicks have struggled to sign any big name FAs not because they are big markets but because they have both sucked for quite a while now, and have been a mess from GM to rosters. I do acknowledge the Knicks look to be turning it around now but they still have a bit to go.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    David West left over 11 million on the table to join the Spurs too.

On the big market/small market thing, players will want to join teams that have a winning culture, not big markets. The Lakers and Knicks have struggled to sign any big name FAs not because they are big markets but because they have both sucked for quite a while now, and have been a mess from GM to rosters. I do acknowledge the Knicks look to be turning it around now but they still have a bit to go.

The Lakers don't have a winning culture?? The Lakers haven't really struggled at all. The signed Dwight when he was very good. They last won a championship 5 years ago. This "struggle" and no "winning culture" is laughable.

NY have 2 championships last was 1973. The Lakers have 16 and won 10 since the Knicks last. Its a horrible comparison

scottmcb04 wrote: »

There's always ways exceptions, but equally there are guys who just take the money over winning. Melo for example could have joined the Bulls a couple of seasons back with Thibs still coaching and made the team arguably the only one capable of challenging the heat at the time. He took the money knowing he wouldn't win sheeeeeet in NY.

There are loads of guys on crazy money who are with teams that are going nowhere with zero chance of winning. The nets is a fine example of a team stacked with guys like this, but they are not the only ones.

• Advertisement

Howard wanted the Lakers. He left cos it didnt work
    he left though the big market should have prevented that shouldn't it he was in a dream scenario after all
    The Pacers thing is genuinely too funny
    better team than the lakers right now
    The wolves have a better core obviously but he wont go there. We're being realistic here
    why do you keep picking out teams that are on the bottom of the list lakers are his 3rd team after all you should be dismissing everyone
    I never said they didnt resign. I just simply gave you a list of big names in small markets and how they got there. No1 goes there is my point. They might stay but they don't choose to go there.
    but they chose to stay not leave for a big market
    http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/ 9th Biggest Miami

Proved your point??? How??? They're less marketable cos they're not as good or not as appealing. Blake Griffin two-three years ago was one of the most marketable athlete in the world and he wasnt even a top 10 player. Why?? Cos hes a human highlight reel on primetime tv in LA!!
    find that hard to believe lebron has been the most marketable player in the league for years in cleveland durant has been 2nd for most of that time in okc

"with the last part you've proved my point if anything harden,melo,cp3,dwight and bosh are no more famous or more marketable for playing in a big market"

Gonna assume this is a joke....
    why?
    Dwight regressed as a player still makes a tidy sum from endorsements
    because of what he did in orlando moving do la and houston has done nothing of rhim
    CP3 got his signature Jordan deal in LA. "few paragraphs down"
    he was the best pg in the league if he was winning in no he would have gotten the same
    Melo got his signature Jordan deal in NYC.
    http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-best-sneaker-endorsements-in-the-nba/?view=all
    Harden got his Adidas deal in Houston??? Its worth 200m guess he woulda got more in OKC???
    he was a sub in okc how is that comparable
    You're so far removed from the reality of why these players move and whats on there mind when they make a decision. The fact that you honestly believe that Durant would consider the Pacers over the Lakers cos of Paul George is genuinely hilarious. I honestly think Larry Bird would find that funny
    i think your removed lebron has build possibly the biggest brand in nba history playing in cleveland and miami he turned down new york and la market meant nothing to him
    The Lakers might not sign Durant but they'll get an interview and have so much more of a chance than the majority of the teams you mentioned regardless of the reasons being cos of basketball or not.
    sure they probably will get an interview but they sure as **** won't be his 3rd choice team
    The Lakers don't have a winning culture?? The Lakers haven't really struggled at all. The signed Dwight when he was very good. They last won a championship 5 years ago. This "struggle" and no "winning culture" is laughable.

NY have 2 championships last was 1973. The Lakers have 16 and won 10 since the Knicks last. Its a horrible comparison

5 year is a lifetime in the nba and the lakers won't be competing for a few years yet. the knick where a playoff team 5 years ago the thunder where possibly the most talented team in the league. hell the nuggets won 50 games. the lakers have 2 player that played on that team both of whom will likely be gone next year so yes the lakers have no winning culture

There's always ways exceptions, but equally there are guys who just take the money over winning. Melo for example could have joined the Bulls a couple of seasons back with Thibs still coaching and made the team arguably the only one capable of challenging the heat at the time. He took the money knowing he wouldn't win sheeeeeet in NY.

There are loads of guys on crazy money who are with teams that are going nowhere with zero chance of winning. The nets is a fine example of a team stacked with guys like this, but they are not the only ones.

do you think durant is going for money or championchips?

sure they probably will get an interview but they sure as **** won't be his 3rd choice team

5 year is a lifetime in the nba and the lakers won't be competing for a few years yet. the knick where a playoff team 5 years ago the thunder where possibly the most talented team in the league. hell the nuggets won 50 games. the lakers have 2 player that played on that team both of whom will likely be gone next year so yes the lakers have no winning culture

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/50_most_marketable_2012_-_blake_Griffin

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_marketable/50_most_marketable_2014_blake_griffin

Higher than LeBron in both

the lakers have 2 player that played on that team both of whom will likely be gone next year so yes the lakers have no winning culture (LOL just so funny, you say some genuinely ridiculous things)

Sure he'll probably have the Pacers 3rd choice. And the Lakers 20th

Pretty much all of what you're saying is your opinion, you have nothing to back it up. Aldridge considered the Lakers till a **** interview, Melo met the Lakers. People want to go there.

Look I won't argue with you anymore cos its getting farcical. The Pacers, Twolves and winning culture bits have given me a good laugh though

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/50_most_marketable_2012_-_blake_Griffin

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most_marketable/50_most_marketable_2014_blake_griffin

Higher than LeBron in both
    i question both
    the lakers have 2 player that played on that team both of whom will likely be gone next year so yes the lakers have no winning culture (LOL just so funny, you say some genuinely ridiculous things)
    the lakers will have 0 players that will have won a playoff series thats some winning culture they have there
    Sure he'll probably have the Pacers 3rd choice.
    never said he would i just said the lakers where not 3rd
    Pretty much all of what you're saying is your opinion, you have nothing to back it up. Aldridge considered the Lakers till a **** interview, Melo met the Lakers. People want to go there.
    sure people will give them an interview but if big market was as big a deal as you seem to think it is they would have signed
    Look I won't argue with you anymore cos its getting farcical. The Pacers, Twolves and winning culture bits have given me a good laugh though

again i gave a long list of teams and you are continuously naming two teams hardly defending your 3rd on his list hypothesis

again i gave a long list of teams and you are continuously naming two teams hardly defending your 3rd on his list hypothesis

Do you know what a winning "culture" is?? Its not a winning team we're talking about. All professional sports teams go through periods of transition but I guess Winning culture ends after 5 years regardless :rolleyes:

You can question the Blake thing but again you have no evidence. I said most marketable and again proved it.

We'll leave it, you obviously know more than me, you've proved it so far

Do you know what a winning "culture" is?? Its not a winning team we're talking about. All professional sports teams go through periods of transition but I guess Winning culture ends after 5 years regardless :rolleyes:
    not necessarily but i think you need leaders to continue the culture if all your team retires and you get all new players in how do you keep culture
    You can question the Blake thing but again you have no evidence. I said most marketable and again proved it.

We'll leave it, you obviously know more than me, you've proved it so far

jesus its a conversation chill :D

jesus its a conversation chill :D

All of those team is retiring? Kobe only u mean? Magic is there, Kareem is there. Buss family is there. Jackson indirectly associated. (All in some capacity). Every banner in the rafters. Sold out stadiums even when they're bad.
    The gone is 5 years thing is so ridiculous, its unbelievable that someone that clearly has a knowledge of basketball truly believes that the Lakers culture could be gone in 5 years.

All of those team is retiring? Kobe only u mean? Magic is there, Kareem is there. Buss family is there. Jackson indirectly associated. (All in some capacity). Every banner in the rafters. Sold out stadiums even when they're bad.
    The gone is 5 years thing is so ridiculous, its unbelievable that someone that clearly has a knowledge of basketball truly believes that the Lakers culture could be gone in 5 years.

the man that lead the buss family passed away (and by the way one of the greatest owners in sports history) jackson is a stretch he's gm of another team and I'm sure magic and kareem will raise the game some day in the 4th quarter to really show the young fellas how to do it :D

im glad the celtics still have bill russell i was worried we had a losing culture from losing for a decade in the 90s but thank god we had the greatest winner in nba history to keep the culture alive. also red auerbach and larry bird (indirectly)

the man that lead the buss family passed away (and by the way one of the greatest owners in sports history) jackson is a stretch he's gm of another team and I'm sure magic and kareem will raise the game some day in the 4th quarter to really show the young fellas how to do it :D

im glad the celtics still have bill russell i was worried we had a losing culture from losing for a decade in the 90s but thank god we had the greatest winner in nba history to keep the culture alive. also red auerbach and larry bird (indirectly)

Can't say this: jackson is a stretch he's gm of another team

Then say this: larry bird (indirectly)

Celtics losing culture didnt fade in a decade but Lakers will in 5 years. Must be the sea air in LA I guess.
    Alot of what you have been saying makes little to no sense to me but thats your opinion I guess

Can't say this: jackson is a stretch he's gm of another team

Then say this: larry bird (indirectly)

Celtics losing culture didnt fade in a decade but Lakers will in 5 years. Must be the sea air in LA I guess.
    Alot of what you have been saying makes little to no sense to me but thats your opinion I guess

that entire celtics part was pretty clearly sarcasm and a parody of your own message believe it or not i dont think a dead red auerbach is helping the team

• Advertisement

that entire celtics part was pretty clearly sarcasm and a parody of your own message believe it or not i dont think a dead red auerbach is helping the team

Given what you've said already, it seemed very genuine.

What I said makes total sense when talking about culture not a winning team on the court. Theres a reason Magic goes to recruiting meetings and talks with players.
    Clearly you won't agree with me and I obviously couldn't possibly agree with you so...

Given what you've said already, it seemed very genuine.

What I said makes total sense when talking about culture not a winning team on the court. Theres a reason Magic goes to recruiting meetings and talks with players.
    Clearly you won't agree with me and I obviously couldn't possibly agree with you so...

ya id say we will leave it there sure we will see where durant signs in the summer im sure you will be waiting with bated breath

You must have been in a coma for the past three years then.

Then you must have been in a coma for the past three years then.

Ah yeah I suppose outside of Lebron there has been loads of FAs bigger than Dwight that have moved to other teams.... :rolleyes:

They've been bad for a couple of years. It doesnt make them on par with smaller teams. You haven't a clue. Its too funny

Ah yeah I suppose outside of Lebron there has been loads of FAs bigger than Dwight that have moved to other teams.... :rolleyes:

They've been bad for a couple of years. It doesnt make them on par with smaller teams. You haven't a clue. Its too funny

Yeah, why would Lebron have bothered moving back into a small market in Cleveland...

Lamarcus Aldridge sure is a moron for choosing the small market San Antonio Spurs. What an idiot for picking a winning culture over the sandy beaches and the lure of Tinseltown. :rolleyes:

The Lakers and the Knicks have been relying on lottery picks to get them out of the hole for a few years now due to terrible decisions made by their respective GMs. Ever since Jerry Buss died the Lakers have been a disaster. Don't get your dick hurt because you are being served with some home truths.

do you think durant is going for money or championchips?

Personally, I think he wants a ring. Between his Nike deal and his contracts to date he's already set for life (and then some), but it's down to desire after that. Given the talent he + Westbrook combined have, it's weird they haven't won a championship already, but it's not going to happen in OKC bar major changes to the supporting cast. So if I'm him, I leave.

They've failed to kick on from 2012 - seems so long ago now. Losing Harden/letting him go was such a dumb move by OKC/Presti; and this is not me being wise after the event, I said this at the time. Now the way they're structured I just can't see them doing it, certainly not in the west.

Where does he go though is the question? The problem with him being on a SuperMax (or whatever they will call them, because they're going to dwarf what we know as a max) is that it hurts the rest of the roster. The biggest reason GSW are the team they are now is Curry is the 5th best paid player on that team......think about that. Pound for pound and on impact, he's by far and away the worst paid player in the league right now. If he got the contract he deserved at last renewal or left to get it there's no championship and no record(s). The fact he was willing to take one for the team so they could sign Iguadola (and latterly keep Klay) is huge, but not everyone or every guy is going to take less than their market value. It's an ego thing for many of them.

For me, his options really are as follows:
    1. Stay in OKC with RW with guarantees that they get a marquee No. 3 and strengthen the bench properly
    2. Him and RW move to the Lakers to create a superteam from scratch effectively but with the Lakers 'brand', money and drawing power
    3. One of them does 2 above, the other goes elsewhere
    4. One of them does 2 above, the other stays in OKC
    5. He joins a team with championship potential, but on a reduced/sub-supermax contract
    6. He joins Boston :D:D:D:D

The real problem both he and Westbrook have is neither are getting any younger and the window is closing. The choice is relatively simple. Get paid like a mofo and realistically park your chances of winning OR take less than market value and have a chance.

If he does somehow end up at GSW and they keep Bogut, Klay, Barnes (Curry is untouchable, Iggy less so given his age) then the rest of the league can just give them the trophy now.

Yeah, why would Lebron have bothered moving back into a small market in Cleveland...

Lamarcus Aldridge sure is a moron for choosing the small market San Antonio Spurs. What an idiot for picking a winning culture over the sandy beaches and the lure of Tinseltown. :rolleyes:

The Lakers and the Knicks have been relying on lottery picks to get them out of the hole for a few years now due to terrible decisions made by their respective GMs. Ever since Jerry Buss died the Lakers have been a disaster. Don't get your dick hurt because you are being served with some home truths.

LeBron went back to Cleveland after leaving for a bigger market initially. He made the decision for championships and his profile. He achieved what he wanted for the most part. He left a small market for a bigger market. His case is unique.

Lamarcus Aldridge has proved he can't be the best player on a winning team. Blazers were disbanding, he wanted a win now scenario given his age so he went to the Spurs.

First of all comparing the Knicks and Lakers is beyond stupid. You can't, the franchise's have taken totally different trajectories for years. If we're talking winning culture there is no comparison.
    Lottery picks for "years" LOL. What a load of ****e, that makes no sense. Here u go....

Knicks haven't had a top 10 pick before Porzingis since 2009 and the Lakers before Russell and Randle hadn't had one since 2005.
    So please elaborate how these franchises have used draft picks to get them out of a hole for years? Especially given 5 years is an NBA lifetime as previously suggested??
    Cleveland have attempted to use the draft to get them out of holes more so. Since the Lakers/Knicks last had a top 10 draft pick before the above mentioned, they drafted Kyrie, Wiggins, Bennett, Waiters and Thompson all top 5. Seems more of a reliance on the draft no??

Miami is still is not thy big a market so Lebron didn't leave Cleveland for a major market he left to play with wade,bosh and under pat Riley

I'm not sure what point you are tryin to make with the last paragraph

Not getting involved in your argument guys but I will say this - Miami is a big sports market. Huge college and pro football following in the city (and multiple cities and teams involved throughout the state), likewise with college and pro basketball. MLB franchise there and another in the state as well as two NHL franchise in the state.

David Beckham's MLS franchise will be in....Miami. If nothing else convinces you it's a major sports city then that should. That franchise is expected to generate a billion dollars profit early in it's inception.

Big attractions Miami (Florida in general actually) has over other cities outside the big 3 of NY, LA and Chicago? Climate and lifestyle.

• Advertisement

Miami is still is not thy big a market so Lebron didn't leave Cleveland for a major market he left to play with wade,bosh and under pat Riley

I'm not sure what point you are tryin to make with the last paragraph

You said the Knicks and Lakers have needed the lottery for the past few years to get them out of a hole?? That's total bull... They haven't have they?? The Cavs are an example of a team who have though and wouldn't have had the pieces to lure LeBron back only for it.

Miami as I proved is a big market team. 9th in fact. So he left a smaller market for a bigger market to win and for exposure, it worked like many instances in history. Returning to Cleveland to contend for a championship after there was a better core group than ever before.

Some of your points might make sense to people who clearly don't know but they actually make very little real sense at all.

LeBrons case is unique, his brand expanded in Miami and he returned to get a championship. I don't deny he left a Miami for Cleveland but initially he left Cleveland for Miami.

Aldridge is 30 and in a win now scenario. He's very good and clearly driven by championships. West is probably a better example though. The Spurs are ready now and I agree have a winning culture. It was a move to a bigger market for both but I agree could have been bigger for more money. Still as has been reported the Lakers as bad as they are were Aldridges 2nd choice.

Advertisement