Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Myles Turner goes 3rd or 4th if there's a draft do over now. Dude is gonna be a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Delighted Isaiah Thomas got named to the East allstar team. Was fantastic in Sacramento, one of the few non draft busts there in the last ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

Delighted Isaiah Thomas got named to the East allstar team. Was fantastic in Sacramento, one of the few non draft busts there in the last ten years.

The latest draft pick to ever make an all star team delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Anyway, you have to laugh about the furore over the All Stars each and every year.

I don't think I've ever watched an all star game in full. They are a joke. If you enjoy watching guys playing half assed and no defense then this is the game for you.

The slam dunk contest is a non event. The only thing worth watching over the weekend is the 3 point contest.

The same as the Pro Bowl in the NFL. A complete joke of a weekend. It's a popularity contest and a free jolly for everyone involved. People using the All-Star tag to strengthen a player's credentials is just laughable.

It should be done away with. Even the Slam Dunk Contest is crap these days.

Paully D wrote: »
    The same as the Pro Bowl in the NFL. A complete joke of a weekend. It's a popularity contest and a free jolly for everyone involved. People using the All-Star tag to strengthen a player's credentials is just laughable.

It should be done away with. Even the Slam Dunk Contest is crap these days.
    Ah its not as bad as the pro bowl at all not close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Disappointed not to see big Tim in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Timmy's 39 and playing less minutes than ever. He deserves it on some levels (i.e. he's certainly playing better than Kobe, anchor of the best defensive team in the league etc.) but there are other player who deserve it more right now. And I say this as a huge admirer of Duncan.

Delighted to see Boogie got the call, despite the sensational form he's been in lately you just never knew if they'd snub him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Timmy's 39 and playing less minutes than ever. He deserves it on some levels (i.e. he's certainly playing better than Kobe, anchor of the best defensive team in the league etc.) but there are other player who deserve it more right now. And I say this as a huge admirer of Duncan.

Delighted to see Boogie got the call, despite the sensational form he's been in lately you just never knew if they'd snub him again.

Oh I know but still doesnt help with the pain, guess when hes retiring he will get a last one, then again wouldnt be surprised if he left this year if they win it all, I feel like Ive been saying that since 2012:pac::pac:

Ah its not as bad as the pro bowl at all not close

Indeed. Nobody and absolutely nobody like the pro bowl.

In the NHL, it's openly treated as a joke. A dude who hasn't scored a goal this season got voted in.

LeJon praises his (self-appointed) new coach already.....

lolballs.

• Advertisement

Pacers blow yet another close game against the Cavs.

I mean, I could literally squat over a note pad and take a massive dump and it would read better than some of the plays called at the end of games this season.

CaLTbv2UEAErnqX.jpg

At least Myles Turner swatted the **** out of Lebron. My favourite play this season. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Just checking in that vintage Kobe was in the building against the TWolves. He shouldn't be doing that anymore, we need to protect the top 3 pick! :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400828621

mjavi wrote: »
    Just checking in that vintage Kobe was in the building against the TWolves. He shouldn't be doing that anymore, we need to protect the top 3 pick! :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400828621

Indeed Celtics and lakers batteling it out it the number two slot in the lottery the greates rivalry in basketball continues

Steph went for 51 last night against the vastly superior John Wall.......;)

Watched almost all of the game (in the US right now), it's worth it to see the skill set; not so much the threes .(though as usual there's some high degree of difficulty and distance shots), but more the dribbling and the stuff around the basket in traffic. Meant to say this when I posted earlier but if you get a chance to watch the game, do. Washington doubled him pretty much the entire second and he still scored 15 in that half on scraps.

In fairness to Wall, he had 41 and 10; but Curry just lights it up so spectacularly and with such a high degree of difficulty on most of his shots and plays you don't notice anyone but him on the floor at times.

A sound byte from LeJon about Lue and his coaching philosophy went something like running the ball more suits their personnel more. Oh dear, if they try run and gun with GS they will get their asses handed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,013 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see the chris paul and lauren Holtkamp love in was reignited last night. I think both were at fault. there was a foul but lauren holtkamp needs to stop being that sensitive and chris paul needs to realise the issues and not give her the chance to call something.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see the chris paul and lauren Holtkamp love in was reignited last night. I think both were at fault. there was a foul but lauren holtkamp needs to stop being that sensitive and chris paul needs to realise the issues and not give her the chance to call something.

The PC thing to say here is that this is all wrong and that female refs are just as good as their male counterparts. I haven't seen Holtkamp ref a full game in the flesh, but anyone knows, if you p*ss a ref off and give them an excuse to T you up, it'll happen. I got my fair share over the years, mostly deserved, some undeserved. :rolleyes::D....so that's on Paul.

When I used to play National League as a player there were a few female refs on the roster for the Men's League. TBH, I hated playing with any of them reff-ing, but there was one in particular (FIBA qualified) that almost every player would roll their eyes if they say she was down to ref your game. Is that wrong? Of course. But it was just so frustrating having her officiate. It basically became a non contact game - and I'm saying this and I wasn't a physical player by any means. She knew the rules, just had no nuance or subtlety of understanding around them and her interpretation was often completely inconsistent in the same game (highly frustrating!). She used to drive players crazy.

Were there male refs that were as bad? Sure. there were some awful ones. But that doesn't mean we should criticize ANY ref at all. I didn't care that she was a woman, I cared because she was awful!

Was travelling back from the US last night so missed the Boston game. Lol at Cleveland......idiots. Boston even mucked up the play and still got a shot off with very poor defence from Shumpert in particular on the last play. It was a poor hustle effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors v okc tonight or metallica ???
    Both absolute rip offs just got to pick a poison

Warriors v okc tonight or metallica ???
    Both absolute rip offs just got to pick a poison

Tough choice there dude!

I don't really like metal per se, but I've seen Metalica twice (including once whilst wearing a suit as I went straight from work, got some funny looks!) and they do a great show.

One thing I will say about metal fans in general though is they fricking go all out to enjoy themselves at concerts! Mad for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I like the Celtics and Cavs game, the Celtics are really improved since last year when they had so players. All the Celtics are missing is one key big name player but I can't see anyone going to Boston anytime soon though their wealth of draft picks is could help them out

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I like the Celtics and Cavs game, the Celtics are really improved since last year when they had so players. All the Celtics are missing is one key big name player but I can't see anyone going to Boston anytime soon though their wealth of draft picks is could help them out

thing is they have to many draft picks though they can't possibly keep all of their picks this year so they need to start consolidating assets or risk throwing picks away

Oh I'd expect something big from the c's front office. They can't keep stockpiling, they need to (will) do something with all those pics and their recent history is to trade. I would be absolutely astonished if they don't make a move in the next 2 weeks.

Great game in GSW last night. Have to hand it to OKC, they ran the Warriors much closer than I thought they'd be able to. The west play offs this year will be insane.

Oh I'd expect something big from the c's front office. They can't keep stockpiling, they need to (will) do something with all those pics and their recent history is to trade. I would be absolutely astonished if they don't make a move in the next 2 weeks.

Great game in GSW last night. Have to hand it to OKC, they ran the Warriors much closer than I thought they'd be able to. The west play offs this year will be insane.

big moves are easier said than done though who can they get? maby horford or howard best case scenario could be monroe. additionally mj showed last year that nobody wants draft picks to trade down in the draft so i could see the celtics getting stuck a bit. I also think teams are starting to get scared of trading with danny ainge.

big moves are easier said than done though who can they get? maby horford or howard best case scenario could be monroe. additionally mj showed last year that nobody wants draft picks to trade down in the draft so i could see the celtics getting stuck a bit. I also think teams are starting to get scared of trading with danny ainge.

They probably are (afraid of Danny) and that's definitely part of the problem, but teams still want rid of certain guys.

Just to be clear, I do NOT want Howard under any circumstances. He's poison.

Boogie please! But the ship has sailed snd Boogie's value is too high now. Should have sealed it years ago when it was on the cards (when KG was still there). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Howard is "past it" at this stage with his attitude and coach killer ways It would be a high risk for any team to go near him. Also Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale are close so Ainge could have an issue with how McHale was treated

Draft Picks are listed here if anyone wants a look
    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Tough choice there dude!

I don't really like metal per se, but I've seen Metalica twice (including once whilst wearing a suit as I went straight from work, got some funny looks!) and they do a great show.

One thing I will say about metal fans in general though is they fricking go all out to enjoy themselves at concerts! Mad for it!

Yea, opted for Metallica, as you, I wouldn't be a big metal guy but its Metallica sure, plus the girlfriend really wanted to see them. Was a fantastic show to be fair, I was able to scalp some tickets outside for $30 below face value, so win win.
    Metal fans are crazy a you say, good buzz.
    Been in SF 10 years and Ive never seen such a buzz around the place with the Superbowl, it mental.

Oh, and WWarriors won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I seriously love watching this Celtics team...... there I said it!

Finally some GOOD NEWS for the Clippers! Austin Rivers is out 4-6 weeks with a hand injury. ;):D:rolleyes:

D2D wrote: »
    I seriously love watching this Celtics team...... there I said it!

greenvader.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,013 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The New York knickerbockers have shown Derek fisher the door. Kurt Rambis named interim coach.

Advertisement