Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And good news for New York too: Derek Fisher has been fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's a good thing Phil drafted the Pork Zinger otherwise his time heading up the Knicks has been a disaster so far.

Re-signing Melo and making one of the worst coaching hires in league history were two awful moves for Philip. It was so easily predictable that Melo would never take the Knicks anywhere. Likewise, being Kobe Bryant's teammate for a long time didn't mean that Fisher was cut out to be a head coach in this league immediately after retiring.

Glad to see Fisher's massive ego get served some humble pie. He behaved like a complete bag to Houston and Dallas.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It's a good thing Phil drafted the Pork Zinger otherwise his time heading up the Knicks has been a disaster so far.

Re-signing Melo and making one of the worst coaching hires in league history were two awful moves for Philip. It was so easily predictable that Melo would never take the Knicks anywhere. Likewise, being Kobe Bryant's teammate for a long time didn't mean that Fisher was cut out to be a head coach in this league immediately after retiring.

Glad to see Fisher's massive ego get served some humble pie. He behaved like a complete bag to Houston and Dallas.

They were going to pass on Porzingis remember; and Melo wasn't exactly enthusiastic on hearing they'd drafted him.

Melo.....don't start me....if you read my posts for the last few years I've been consistent on him. He's a massive, massive part of the problem there. He had a chance to play for a ring with Chicago a few years ago and instead took the money and ran by staying with NY. He's a tremendously skilled individual who because of his basketball philosophy will never make the sacrifices necessary to win it all. He's one of that rare breed who'd rather score 50 and lose than 2 and win. A triumph of ego over talent.

Yup. Grade A tool.

It's not often neutral people will take Matt Barnes' side on something.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yup. Grade A tool.

It's not often neutral people will take Matt Barnes' side on something.....;)

Now that's funny and very true!!

Remember when he made Utah release him from his contract over his daughters health. A lot of people called BS on that, he just wanted to sign for Lakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd love the Celtics to get Boogie, surely with there draft picks there is a chance, or is he just playing too well for the Kings to trade ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'd love the Celtics to get Boogie, surely with there draft picks there is a chance, or is he just playing too well for the Kings to trade ?

I think it's too late now. He's gone from "potential franchise player" to legit "franchise". I don't think they'll trade him now. :(

Should have done the deal (I think it's 4 years ago now) when they had a chance. :(

Nothing's impossible, but it depends on what he'd cost. And it would be more than draft picks. You're likely talking 2 players + 4 picks as a minimum I'd imagine before that becomes tempting.

For me, I'd do it. You get very few shots at a game changer like Cousins who's possibly yet to reach his prime. He's still carrying a little timber, if he lost that, he'd be even better......scary.

I think it's too late now. He's gone from "potential franchise player" to legit "franchise". I don't think they'll trade him now. :(

Should have done the deal (I think it's 4 years ago now) when they had a chance. :(

Nothing's impossible, but it depends on what he'd cost. And it would be more than draft picks. You're likely talking 2 players + 4 picks as a minimum I'd imagine before that becomes tempting.

For me, I'd do it. You get very few shots at a game changer like Cousins who's possibly yet to reach his prime. He's still carrying a little timber, if he lost that, he'd be even better......scary.

I don't think they would co sided letting him go at all and if they did I think it would be something huge like 2 Brooklyn picks including this years another pick or two and the players would likely be crowder and Bradley or smart Even at that I think they would say no

I don't think they would co sided letting him go at all and if they did I think it would be something huge like 2 Brooklyn picks including this years another pick or two and the players would likely be crowder and Bradley or smart Even at that I think they would say no

i think that is too much to give up for the Celtics. Even though the nets have been winning a few games recently, and are creeping closer to some other of the lower ranked teams :eek:

i think that is too much to give up for the Celtics. Even though the nets have been winning a few games recently, and are creeping closer to some other of the lower ranked teams :eek:

That's what you have to give to get a superstar with years left on his contract

• Advertisement

Not at all. It's a "win now" league. The days of solid building from the draft are gone. LeJon's Decision and the horror show that is Philly have both contributed to that, but they're not the only reasons.

The only reason the Celtics won it all a few years ago was they rolled the dice on KG and Allen. They gave up a lot then for short term glory and that's really the way forward unless you're lucky enough to draft a once in a generation player.

I don't see anyone as untouchable on that C's team. I have players I like (Olynk in particular I see huge upside on) but if you have a shot at Boogie, 2 guys from that roster and 4 draft picks? I'll take that in a heartbeat. And I mean ANY 2 guys. I'd actually be willing to give up more than that. Seriously. Boogie is that good.

In desperation last year Ainge almost gave up six picks to move up in the draft....to 9th position. He admitted afterwards it was stupid, but let's say they do draft all those guys this year...where will they go? The roster is only so big.

Ainge has history in making trades no one thought were possible, and I fully expect something in the next 2 weeks (All Star Break). Those picks have a sell by date and a currency, he's going to use them. THIS IS BOSTON. They won't settle for being the 8th seed and slow, steady progress.

That's what you have to give to get a superstar with years left on his contract

At least.

Unless he's a major problem or an A-hole, and even then someone will take a risk on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Celtics are frisky at the moment. It's never over with this team. Love it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Celtics are frisky at the moment. It's never over with this team. Love it.

I think they will make it as far as the cabs this year (prob round two) but lose in 4-5 again but they are so much fun to watch particularly when they play the 3 guards

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Woj: Rockets "contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard"

So disappoint to hear this news, but which team can give howard 30M salary for new contract?

delph09 wrote: »
    Woj: Rockets "contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard"

So disappoint to hear this news, but which team can give howard 30M salary for new contract?

Genuinely? A few. The Nets for one, probably a number of others all on the chance he could be the old beast Dwight again. But he won't. Ever. As well as being a complete cancer and likely coachkiller to whatever team he goes to.

The one thing he has in his favour is under the new CBA his contract is in old money and therefore nowhere near as expensive in real terms under the new contract rules.

he's not getting a max though, despite what he thinks.

AND HE BETTER NOT END UP IN BOSTON!

Problem is I don't think people will give up anything valuable for Howard at this stage.

With regards the celtics I have full faith in Danny ainge at this stage enough so that I would trust pretty much any trade he made including for Howard

just having a look at the US google news sports section and ESPN seem to think that Harden , not Howard might be the problem and the one traded. He's an excellent scorer, but hopefully the Celtics will show no interest !!

just having a look at the US google news sports section and ESPN seem to think that Harden , not Howard might be the problem and the one traded. He's an excellent scorer, but hopefully the Celtics will show no interest !!

I don't think harden will ever lead a team to a championship but he's talented enough that he's untraceable camt see Houston even considering a monster offer

The Celtics would be elite defensively if they had a better front court.

• Advertisement

The Celtics would be elite defensively if they had a better front court.

Fear with Howard is would e actually play though

Rumours flying around of a trade involving melo to the cavs with love going to a 3rd team

Rumours flying around of a trade involving melo to the cavs with love going to a 3rd team

It's Love to Boston according to the rumour mill but Melo to the Cavs would be a disaster. They'd give up more rebounds and Melo would throw a strop of he didn't get his 20 shots per night. Can't see Melo fitting into that Cavs team in a way that makes them better than they are right now.

From a Boston perspective I'd be in favour of Love. His offensive production would increase dramatically as he wouldn't be the #3 option, maybe not back to his Minnesota output but certainly above the 20ppg level.

It's Love to Boston according to the rumour mill but Melo to the Cavs would be a disaster. They'd give up more rebounds and Melo would throw a strop of he didn't get his 20 shots per night. Can't see Melo fitting into that Cavs team in a way that makes them better than they are right now.

From a Boston perspective I'd be in favour of Love. His offensive production would increase dramatically as he wouldn't be the #3 option, maybe not back to his Minnesota output but certainly above the 20ppg level.

Ya I think love would be a monster under brad Stephens and Bill Simmons pointed out that his favourite spot on the floor seems to constantly be free for Boston that's how kelly o gets so many open shots

Nope. It would be a bad fit. Howard is finished.

Nope. It would be a bad fit. Howard is finished.

Howard is a bad fit for everyone.

Younprobablyhjjk I'm joking but in not really. If you think about it, considering all the crap that goes with him AND what it'd cost to sign him AND what it'd take to land him in a trade, why would you bother?

Ya I think love would be a monster under brad Stephens and Bill Simmons pointed out that his favourite spot on the floor seems to constantly be free for Boston that's how kelly o gets so many open shots

You can check my posts on this back before he went to Cleveland, I said he should have gone to Boston then. He's a much better player than his Cavs number suggest and would I suspect thrive in Beantown under Stephens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

1 of the best dunk contests but man, Aaron Gordon was robbed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

D2D wrote: »
    1 of the best dunk contests but man, Aaron Gordon was robbed!

Can't believe he didn't win!!

That was some crazy dunking alright. I didn't stay up for it so just watched it now, tbh I've pretty much always been a bigger a fan of the 3 point competition.

Think he was hard done by, but the biggest robbery in the dunk contest ever was MJ beating Dominique Wilkins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I hate to say it but that was an excellent final for the dunk contest, I don't really watch much of the all star weekend but threw it on when I got home yesterday evening. Those were some excellent dunks to be fair, watching them in slow motion makes them look even more impressive, Gordon may of lost but he had one of the best dunks I've seen in years in the competition.

Advertisement