Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I hate to say it but that was an excellent final for the dunk contest, I don't really watch much of the all star weekend but threw it on when I got home yesterday evening. Those were some excellent dunks to be fair, watching them in slow motion makes them look even more impressive, Gordon may of lost but he had one of the best dunks I've seen in years in the competition.

Yeah it was good to see some freshness brought to it and some new ideas coupled with insane degree of difficulty dunks. Best one for a long time.

That Gordon dunk where he put it under both legs mid air and still dunked it in slow mo is just off the charts in terms of athleticism. I don't think I've seen a more difficult dunk in my life (I've seen better, and better looking, but hard to think of a more difficult one). He's probably one of a handful of guys on the planet who can do that right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Jesus, the Kobe farewell tour including this All Star love in, is sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Lt Dan wrote: »

It can get a bit OTT but the dude deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It can get a bit OTT but the dude deserves it.

If you didn't follow basketball and know who he is, one would swear he cured cancer.

Lt Dan wrote: »

The Kareem tour was worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

2smiggy wrote: »
    just having a look at the US google news sports section and ESPN seem to think that Harden , not Howard might be the problem and the one traded. He's an excellent scorer, but hopefully the Celtics will show no interest !!

the news of espn is a joke, if rockets without harden and only lead by howard, i think they even can not go to the playoff. Harden is second place for MVP last year, i think he can help rockets to win the champion in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Problem is I don't think people will give up anything valuable for Howard at this stage.

With regards the celtics I have full faith in Danny ainge at this stage enough so that I would trust pretty much any trade he made including for Howard

if they trade to get howard before the deadline with many valuable things like young player or draft pick, they still possible to lose howard in this summer, so i don't think howard will be traded to other teams recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

delph09 wrote: »
    if they trade to get howard before the deadline with many valuable things like young player or draft pick, they still possible to lose howard in this summer, so i don't think howard will be traded to other teams recently.

Nor do I but I would trust Danny has a good deal in place should it happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Dam Gordon got robbed, Like Zach is class but Gordon another level

Trade activity rumours hotting up...

Clippers shopping Blake* (!) to everyone and anyone apparently. Danny Ainge, do this deal....

Amongst them him and Lance to Nuggets in multiplayer (4) deal.

Nuggets offering Fareid elsewhere to others.

Minnesota apparently offering Rubio.

Houston offering Howard to the Heat for Hassan Whiteside.

*if that's true, I really want to know what really happened re his wrist. He was untouchable/untradeable until very recently. Something's up here.

• Advertisement

Trade activity rumours hotting up...

Clippers shopping Blake* (!) to everyone and anyone apparently. Danny Ainge, do this deal....

Amongst them him and Lance to Nuggets in multiplayer (4) deal.

Nuggets offering Fareid elsewhere to others.

Minnesota apparently offering Rubio.

Houston offering Howard to the Heat for Hassan Whiteside.

*if that's true, I really want to know what really happened re his wrist. He was untouchable/untradeable until very recently. Something's up here.

id be shocked if the clippers traded blake they have to do something with the team because they aint winning a chip as it stands but i think blake is the last guy they would move

iv seen a lot of rubio to the knicks rumours

id be shocked if the clippers traded blake they have to do something with the team because they aint winning a chip as it stands but i think blake is the last guy they would move

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but it's everywhere on us sports media right now, with part of the logic being he's the only asset they could get franchise changing assets in return for.

I'm surprised, but as I said in my earlier post it makes me very curious as to what REALLY happened in that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but it's everywhere on us sports media right now, with part of the logic being he's the only asset they could get franchise changing assets in return for.

I'm surprised, but as I said in my earlier post it makes me very curious as to what REALLY happened in that fight.

Yea, that's the only logic you could put to it but it would be a crazy deal, not crazy good or bad, that depends on deal but trading Griffin is the last thing I would of thought they would do.

Yea, would of loved to have been a fly on the wall for that fight, what are the chances a woman is involved...lol

Watched the 3 point contest last night and it really is the most exciting thing in All Star weekend anymore, not sure about some of the contestants though, I dont Lowry is a great 3 point shooter, but suppose he is a home player so probably why hes their

astonaidan wrote: »
    Watched the 3 point contest last night and it really is the most exciting thing in All Star weekend anymore, not sure about some of the contestants though, I dont Lowry is a great 3 point shooter, but suppose he is a home player so probably why hes their

Yeah it's my favourite part of the weekend too, but I agree some of the guys they put into it are a bit leftfield.....Bosh was scheduled to be in it for example but he's sick again (apparently potentially seriously too). Saw a strange ad with Bosh in it when I was in the US a couple of weeks ago, very "American"....

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AYGi/xarelto-game-plan-feat-chris-bosh-arnold-palmer-brian-vickers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

come on, do ye really think that this year the 3pt contest was better than the dunking one? also the crowd was so much more hyped for the latter.

mixery wrote: »
    come on, do ye really think that this year the 3pt contest was better than the dunking one? also the crowd was so much more hyped for the latter.

Personally? Yes.

I'm a purist. Anyone who can leap can dunk, shooting is a higher skill.

I lost interest in the dunk contest years ago. This year's was good and yo the masses I guess it's more exciting than the 3 point contest but the 3 point contest is my thing. I genuinely prefer it!

FWIW, the college contest is usually better than the NBA contest (this year may be an exception given the standard in the NBA contest). Bigger field and athletic freaks who are just leapers and not ballers who'll end up in the pros who happen to be good dunkers too.

The skills contest however....we can lose that!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Tobias Harris to the Pistons for Jennings and illyasova. Courtney lee to Charlotte for mcroberts, harriston and 2 seconds. Birdman to Memphis deal seemingly done aswell. Things are getting going now

limerickfc wrote: »
    Tobias Harris to the Pistons for Jennings and illyasova. Courtney lee to Charlotte for mcroberts, harriston and 2 seconds. Birdman to Memphis deal seemingly done aswell. Things are getting going now

The madness has started, going to be fun for the next 2 days...though it needs a big name to really start the domino effect.

Clippers definitely shopping Blake - it's everywhere now. Very, very strange this. I'm not buying the he's the only thing with trade value line. I strongly suspect there's more to this than were being told. The fact he got an additional suspension from the Clippers on top of the NBA punishment also leads me to wonder what the hell really happened in Toronto and what the hell went on to cause that. This is Anerican pro sports, teams do not punish superstars and teams do not extend or add to punishments dished out by the league.

I could be wrong of course, it could be all above board, but somehow I don't think so. Would take him in Boston though if he wants to come!

limerickfc wrote: »

Such a strange trade for me, I think they could have got more than expiring contracts

• Advertisement

The madness has started, going to be fun for the next 2 days...though it needs a big name to really start the domino effect.

Clippers definitely shopping Blake - it's everywhere now. Very, very strange this. I'm not buying the he's the only thing with trade value line. I strongly suspect there's more to this than were being told. The fact he got an additional suspension from the Clippers on top of the NBA punishment also leads me to wonder what the hell really happened in Toronto and what the hell went on to cause that. This is Anerican pro sports, teams do not punish superstars and teams do not extend or add to punishments dished out by the league.

I could be wrong of course, it could be all above board, but somehow I don't think so. Would take him in Boston though if he wants to come!

Id take him at the lakers to :pac::pac:, but seriously Celtics would be one team who could put together an offer for him maybe the Magic

Clippers trying to move Lance and AN other / picks to Orlando for Frye

Latest rumours:

Houston "doing everything in their power" to ship Howard.

Greg Monroe to NOP; would be interesting to see him and Davis together but can't seeing it happening as NO have nothing to trade except Ryan Anderson and with his contract the way it is I'm not sure people will bite. Plus, it'd be a move to a "big" team, when the rest of the league is now playing small ball.

Ricky Rubio to the Knicks.

Love OR Blake to Boston.

Of all the above, only Ainge/Boston have history or pulling out big deals with multiple players in record time against the clock. I'm still willing to bet Boston do something, just not sure what that'll be. The fact Doc is ex-Boston too doesn't hurt the Blake deal. As good as Blake is (and in fairness to the guy his game has improved significantly from, when he first came into the league) I think Love is a much better fit for the Celtics.

Latest rumours:

Houston "doing everything in their power" to ship Howard.

Greg Monroe to NOP; would be interesting to see him and Davis together but can't seeing it happening as NO have nothing to trade except Ryan Anderson and with his contract the way it is I'm not sure people will bite. Plus, it'd be a move to a "big" team, when the rest of the league is now playing small ball.

Ricky Rubio to the Knicks.

Love OR Blake to Boston.

Of all the above, only Ainge/Boston have history or pulling out big deals with multiple players in record time against the clock. I'm still willing to bet Boston do something, just not sure what that'll be. The fact Doc is ex-Boston too doesn't hurt the Blake deal. As good as Blake is (and in fairness to the guy his game has improved significantly from, when he first came into the league) I think Love is a much better fit for the Celtics.

thing is love (arguably) fits better with the current squad but you would likely have to gut the squad to get him the cavs are not building for the future so they want pieces now.

i think blake would be a monster on the celtics and is a far better player to build a team around personally

thing is love (arguably) fits better with the current squad but you would likely have to gut the squad to get him the cavs are not building for the future so they want pieces now.

i think blake would be a monster on the celtics and is a far better player to build a team around personally

I think the Cavs would take almost anything for Love tbh right now as he's in danger of walking for nothing. I know the Cavs are saying they want a star in return but it's slim pickings for them right now I'm afraid. They couldn't afford Griffin or Howard for example, and neither (Howard especially) would take a pay cut to make it happen. Love isn't working so if I'm them I dump and run. A three way deal is likely their best option of getting something of value they want in this window. I don't get the logic of them wanting Melo at all, as bad a fit as Love is at least he accepted his role as the 3rd option, not s chance Melo would be doing that.

I hear your argument on Griffin v Love but I still think Love could be a better fit for a Stephen's team. Just think he brings more to that system and has more upside from his current numbers. Could all be moot by Thursday anyway but as a Celtics fan I wouldn't be complaining if we landed either. Not at all.

Oh I love either can't see the cabs just dumping love either though they will want good pieces back but I agree he could be gotten for less than Blake (unfortunately don't think either will be interested in picks though)

Looks like the celtics are not going to make a move ainge will have some job to consolidate all those picks in the summer. How many stashes can there be in a draft.

Apparently Philly are shopping okafor already what a joke of an organisation

Last couple of hours....

Come on Danny, make Boogie, Love or Griffin a Celtic tonight (I can recall if closing time is 3pm Eastern or Pacific time - I think it's Eastern so 8pm Irish time but I'm too lazy to look). Make it happen!

• Advertisement

Last couple of hours....

Come on Danny, make Boogie, Love or Griffin a Celtic tonight (I can recall if closing time is 3pm Eastern or Pacific time - I think it's Eastern so 8pm Irish time but I'm too lazy to look). Make it happen!
    Not happening I'd say in hindsight only love was a possibility and he would have cost a lot

Advertisement