Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not happening I'd say in hindsight only love was a possibility and he would have cost a lot

I think (from memory) 12 deals were done last year in the last hour.

If you're some teams (i.e. the Cavs, the Clipps) you have to roll the dice. You're not built to win now. You have to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

I think (from memory) 12 deals were done last year in the last hour.

If you're some teams (i.e. the Cavs, the Clipps) you have to roll the dice. You're not built to win now. You have to do something.

Easy to say that but how do you get a return for example there are rumours that the clips wanted denvers starting 5 + picks for Blake that's crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Jeff green gone from memphis, must be scrapping the season with Gasol out for the rest of it. Quiet deadline in the end

Jeff green gone from memphis, must be scrapping the season with Gasol out for the rest of it. Quiet deadline in the end

ya barring an unfortunate injury it looks like it could be a comfortable season for the warriors but i guess the playoffs are a different animal we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The Clippers aren't beating the Warriors and they gave up a pick. Plus Green is a UFA this summer anyway. Just another short sighted move by Rivers who is consistently one of the worst decision makers in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Might be of interest to the celtics fans but the hallowed court in beantown was replaced before this season. I didn't know that the old floor was in use until 2000 from the old gahden when it was changed but they've kept some of the old original floor in this new one. I love this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well trade deadline was as much a snooze as january football transfer deadline, I was looking the whole time for like a load of massive deals, thought for sure Howard would be moved, they wont get anything from him now and they arent going to make a dent in the playoffs this year. Celtics really needed someone they have a nice young team but really need someone up front thought they would bring in a quality big in the ilk of Monroe, Love or Blake. So disappointing:(

It was beyond lame.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Very quiet deadline but as a Suns fan the most positive thing our front office has done this year was done yesterday in getting rid of Markieff Morris.

Very quiet deadline but as a Suns fan the most positive thing our front office has done this year was done yesterday in getting rid of Markieff Morris.

Lolballs.

• Advertisement

Terrifying thing about the Suns for me is that they where in the same position as the cs 2-3 years ago they really messed up a good situation spectacularly

Damian Lillard took that chip off his shoulder for the all star snub and turned it into 51 v GSW last night in a 32 point beat down. GSW looked tired.

Aparently the 6ers backed out of a deal in the last second involving okafor for a package including the nets pick.

What exactly are they doing they keep drafting good players and them trading them do they just love tanking

Aparently the 6ers backed out of a deal in the last second involving okafor for a package including the nets pick.

What exactly are they doing they keep drafting good players and them trading them do they just love tanking

It's this kind of behaviour that makes me understand why Will Smith's mom grew frustrated with life in Philadelphia and moved young William to the safety of Bel Air and thus gave him more opportunities to have a fruitful life. She was a courageous and selfless woman. It seems that many years later the city still hasn't learned from the mistakes that led to Smith's departure.

:D now I look like a madman bursting out laughing in the office cheers for that

I thought the NBA had stepped in to make sure they dont keep tanking, whats the point of it. Okafor looks to be class, kinda wished he had gone to Celtics get him at a proper franchise

astonaidan wrote: »
    I thought the NBA had stepped in to make sure they dont keep tanking, whats the point of it. Okafor looks to be class, kinda wished he had gone to Celtics get him at a proper franchise

Nothing they really can do except fine them. Nothing in the rules about tanking. Also impossible to prove. 6ers can just say we're not good enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't see anything wrong with the 76ers trying to trade Okafor. He clearly doesn't fit/work with Noel and is a nightmare off the court. Based on his string of off the court incidents, he's exactly what a franchise in a constant state of rebuild full of young players don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I've already said my piece before on here on the Sixers. Joke of a franchise.

Oh man what a sweet win that was against OKC on the road.

Turner is the steal of the draft. He is a beast already and he's only 19.

Myles had 6 blocks. Tied the game with a huge clutch 3 with under a minute left.

I think Westbrook was thinking about him on that layup late in the game...that's why he missed it.

GS bounce back from the Portland loss with another example of why they're the best team in the league - their 28th game of the season with 30 or more assists. Despite all the talent they play team basketball, a fact that's missed by a lot of people. They were 16 up with less than 2 minutes remaining, ignore the final score of the game - they had this one banked.

I said it last year and I'll no doubt say it again this year - you don't win in this league with one guy scoring 40-45+. You win with 5 guys or more scoring in double figures and beyond (I'm specifically referencing the finals last year where some people thought Lebron should have been MVP: he shouldn't, he was a huge part of why they lost).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Watched the Warriors last night, despite the final score, they do seem to have the clippers number big time.
    The biggest potential weakness for GS now is they are short in the big man position with Festus out for a bit and Bogut has a slight knock but he is always a fall away from a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
    Even though the centre position is kind of being made obsolete, well, the skilled centre that scores 20 puts a game, there is still a need for a lane protector and rebounder. Bogut has been fantastic, he does this plus he can pass and has a high basketball IQ.

There are rumours of them signing varejo but who knows, they do need some backup in my opinion

GS bounce back from the Portland loss with another example of why they're the best team in the league - their 28th game of the season with 30 or more assists. Despite all the talent they play team basketball, a fact that's missed by a lot of people. They were 16 up with less than 2 minutes remaining, ignore the final score of the game - they had this one banked.

I said it last year and I'll no doubt say it again this year - you don't win in this league with one guy scoring 40-45+. You win with 5 guys or more scoring in double figures and beyond (I'm specifically referencing the finals last year where some people thought Lebron should have been MVP: he shouldn't, he was a huge part of why they lost).

Couldnt agree with you more, its why I never see Harden or Carmelo winning a title. Lebron has no trust in any of his bench, thats where the top teams allow other to take part

Watched the Warriors last night, despite the final score, they do seem to have the clippers number big time.
    The biggest potential weakness for GS now is they are short in the big man position with Festus out for a bit and Bogut has a slight knock but he is always a fall away from a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
    Even though the centre position is kind of being made obsolete, well, the skilled centre that scores 20 puts a game, there is still a need for a lane protector and rebounder. Bogut has been fantastic, he does this plus he can pass and has a high basketball IQ.

There are rumours of them signing varejo but who knows, they do need some backup in my opinion

Yeah, which makes it strange why the clippers didn't do something in the trade other than get Green. Clippers are going nowhere fast. At least they got rid of Born Ready though....

I know he's out right now but he's (Bogut) a huge part of that team - in every sense. You've seen him in the flesh - dude is a monster. He's as wide as he is tall and his armspan goes on forever. Like you alluded to as well, he can pass the ball, is way more skilled than given credit for and is part of the core of that team. I know I posted on this previously when someone on here said they should look to trade him but there's not a chance they move him, he's so valuable to that team and yet so many people don't see it because he's not super flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Anthony Davis - 59 points (24/34) & 20 boards! Just incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yeah, which makes it strange why the clippers didn't do something in the trade other than get Green. Clippers are going nowhere fast. At least they got rid of Born Ready though....

I know he's out right now but he's (Bogut) a huge part of that team - in every sense. You've seen him in the flesh - dude is a monster. He's as wide as he is tall and his armspan goes on forever. Like you alluded to as well, he can pass the ball, is way more skilled than given credit for and is part of the core of that team. I know I posted on this previously when someone on here said they should look to trade him but there's not a chance they move him, he's so valuable to that team and yet so many people don't see it because he's not super flashy.

Yea, he is a big big man, he did loose some weight this season which was great cos he is more athletic and versatile. I really notice his impact when I am at games cos you can see how teams change their tactics when he is not on the floor, he has built up a solid reputation as a hard rim protector, he bottles up the lane so well.
    To highlight his skill set, you will often see him handling the ball quite a lot outside the key, he is well able to dictate things when needed.
    Would be insane to trade him, he has stayed generally healthy due to good time management, he definitely can't play big mins every game, that's why Festus was so important. Sleights can slot in there but is not the presence that Bogut is.

Anthony David goes for 59 (league wide season high) against known defensive team :rolleyes: Pistons. Still impressive. Not many bigs break 50 anymore. He grabbed 20 boards too.

On current form, I'd still take Boogie over him (Boogie is having a better season), though Davis clearly has franchise written all over him.

Bargniani waived, likely to

Lee waived by Boston, likely to go to Dallas.

Varejao looks likely to be on his way to GS.

From si.com, Celtics almost made a "big" deal on trade deadline day:
    Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge hinted Friday that Boston was close to cutting a major deal on trade deadline day.

During a weekly radio appearance on Boston’s 98.5 FM the Sports Hub, Ainge shed light on the Celtics’ behind-the-scenes activity, which ultimately resulted in the team staying put. Ainge said the Celtics’ unprotected first-round pick via the Nets was a big part of talks.

He added that Boston made a major offer that went off the table at the last minute.

“We were very close. One story I probably can share with you is, I can’t tell you the team or the name, but it was very close,” Ainge said, according to ESPN. “It was something that we had been deliberating on for two days straight. The other team was doing that. And we were wrapping ourselves around a big package to do a deal. At the very last minute, they just said they did not want to do it. They just backed out. It was a deal that was talked about, thought about, and that was probably the closest that we came.”

“We were willing to do one deal, it just didn't happen,” Ainge said later. “Both teams weren't ready to go and it was a really tough, close deal. It was certainly not a no-brainer. There was risk on both sides. But, at the end of the day, both teams were not ready to do it.”

ya its been reported since by a few sources that that's the okafor deal

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

GSW will probably erase the 95-96 Bulls Win Loss record!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with the 76ers trying to trade Okafor. He clearly doesn't fit/work with Noel and is a nightmare off the court. Based on his string of off the court incidents, he's exactly what a franchise in a constant state of rebuild full of young players don't need.

There played like absolute dog**** to get good players and they have a guy who is an elite post scorer at 20 and the only potential star on there team and they shop him for a pick in what looks like a terrible draft

Advertisement