Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

There played like absolute dog**** to get good players and they have a guy who is an elite post scorer at 20 and the only potential star on there team and they shop him for a pick in what looks like a terrible draft

Outside Simmons and Ingram, I really dont see anything special, so getting rid of a player who could looks to have something special is madness for a chance at top 2. I think Noel can be a future star, but still feel 6ers think Embiid is going to come good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

I would add buddy hield to them but even they have questions we don't know if Simmons has a jumper and Ingram is scary skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Caught the last five minutes of the Celtics and t wolves game this morning. Jesus the Celtics are never out of their games. I wouldn't have had the ball in Marcus smarts hands at the end though.

Also the cavs lost last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Big win for Utah to put them 8th in the West ahead of Houston. Huge fall for Houston from last year, if they don't make the Play Offs it'll be the last time some of those guys play for that team. Morey will be in serious trouble too methinks.

• Advertisement

How far can the frisky celtics go butterski ? I think they can do well.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How far can the frisky celtics go butterski ? I think they can do well.

They'll be tough to beat but they're a non-superstar team in a superstar league and ultimately that will kill them. That said, you have to be very optimistic for the future. The coach has worked out very well, and they have a billion draft picks to play with so you'd have to be positive on them in the medium term.

I'd say realistically Rd. 2 Play Offs, maybe Conf. Finals at a stretch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

They'll be tough to beat but they're a non-superstar team in a superstar league and ultimately that will kill them. That said, you have to be very optimistic for the future. The coach has worked out very well, and they have a billion draft picks to play with so you'd have to be positive on them in the medium term.

I'd say realistically Rd. 2 Play Offs, maybe Conf. Finals at a stretch.

Yeah IMO anyway the Celtics are absolutely poised to lure a superstar in the next year or two Teams will be willing to trade with them too because of all those draft picks. I'd certainly be excited if I was a Boston fan.

Yeah IMO anyway the Celtics are absolutely poised to lure a superstar in the next year or two Teams will be willing to trade with them too because of all those draft picks. I'd certainly be excited if I was a Boston fan.

They won't get a true superstar in free agency because everyone wants to join a team with an already established superstar but they could get a guy te next tier down it the big hope would be that one of those Brooklyn picks hit gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I don't think they'll get past the Conference Semis but the C's are in a better position than most franchises right now.

• Advertisement

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I don't think they'll get past the Conference Semis but the C's are in a better position than most franchises right now.

i love where the cs are but what ainge does over the next two years will be huge.

-there is a huge consolidation of picks needed for one and as we saw in last years draft people don't want those picks. they stand a real risk of just not using half of there picks this year.

-they need to get a superstar to build this team around if they got a top 10 guy in this team i think they are an immediate contender. the issue is that they would likely have to give up some important players to get that star and start to build around him from scratch (which in itself does not necessarily appeal to a star)

-the team as they are build at the moment are incredibly fragile if any of kelly o, smart, isiah or crowder(or possibly evan turner) go out injured they immediately drop down a few pegs i know every team get worse with injury but i feel like the celtics at the moment have at least 4 players where if any of them get hurt the whole castle falls.

-beyond all those issues they have to get really really lucky at some point they need a star to see potential or to hit gold in the lottery or to get a steal somewhere in the lottery

the big positives right now are stephens and ainge both of whom have shown an ability to get the most out of trades/the players but at the end of the day if this season and the next go wrong we end up being a first round and out playoff team at best (i.e. the josh smith hawks)

NufcNavan wrote: »

i give them a chance against anyone bar cleveland i think the raptors are clearly a better team but id probably give them a 50/50 chance against anyone else in the east. still think they take a game at best off the cavs though

I wouldn't rule out anything with the C's, including landing more than one star at one time - look at the Allen and KG acquisitions for example - no one thought they could do that at the time. They're doing a lot of good things right now but they will still need some degree of luck to bring it all to a winning end point.

I wouldn't rule out anything with the C's, including landing more than one star at one time - look at the Allen and KG acquisitions for example - no one thought they could do that at the time. They're doing a lot of good things right now but they will still need some degree of luck to bring it all to a winning end point.

ya you've gota have faith in danny at this stage but he's got some job ahead of him trying to get a star boogie in two years is the only guy i can see possible

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Celtics season is good this year, but they can't beat the 95-96 Bulls. lol

ya you've gota have faith in danny at this stage but he's got some job ahead of him trying to get a star boogie in two years is the only guy i can see possible

If they're going to go for Boogie it will likely be this summer (or at worst before next year's All Star Break if they enter some kind of game of brinkmanship with someone). They can't wait 2 years for him - or anyone really. They have assets in quality, team based players and a bank of picks. It's really come down to use them or lose them time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

I don't think Cousins will move this summer at all. Sacramentos new arena opens later this sunmer and it would be suicide to trade your only superstar since C Webb away before opening night. They've hung in with him this long. There'll be too many other things to change before him that's the nuclear option. I think he has another 2 or 3 years on this contract

I don't think Cousins will move this summer at all. Sacramentos new arena opens later this sunmer and it would be suicide to trade your only superstar since C Webb away before opening night. They've hung in with him this long. There'll be too many other things to change before him that's the nuclear option. I think he has another 2 or 3 years on this contract

I hear you on one level, but this is the NBA - contracts don't mean sheeeet.

They rolled the dice to make the Play Offs this year and it's not likely to happen. Anything and everything is in play.

If I were the Kings would I trade him? My gut says no, my head says "well what are you offering for him?". I'd at least have the conversation.

Never say never in the NBA.

I hear you on one level, but this is the NBA - contracts don't mean sheeeet.

They rolled the dice to make the Play Offs this year and it's not likely to happen. Anything and everything is in play.

If I were the Kings would I trade him? My gut says no, my head says "well what are you offering for him?". I'd at least have the conversation.

Never say never in the NBA.

Mistake no. 1 is thinking Vivek or vlade have a head

bside29 wrote: »
    Celtics season is good this year, but they can't beat the 95-96 Bulls. lol

To a 4th chip done and done :D

• Advertisement

Steph goes for 51 with 10 3's (second time he's broken 50 with 10 3's in Feb.).

Meanwhile San Antonio are up to 49 wins and no one is noticing (as usual).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

I can't help but agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Its funny how easy they are to forget, its only when you look at the standings it s like, ah their they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

It's the same every year, come the start of the playoffs they'll be remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Curry is off the charts at the moment, I don't think when they made the 3 put line they ever thought there would be a player like Curry.

Was working outside today and there were kids playing basketball next door, one of them was pretending to be curry, was very cute, reminds me of the days running around the backyard thinking I was Houghton during the world cup.

Curry is a great ambassador for the game, inspiring a new generation to play the game

So...
    San An win their 50th game and move to 1 game behind GS who at the time were losing to okc.....

Then stuff happened.

If you haven't seen Curry's game winner (in OT)....well....it's one of those WTAF moments. Back to 2 games.

Oh yeah he also broke the most 3's in s season record (his own) and they have 25 (yes, 25) games left to play. And he had 12pts in OT......

So...
    San An win their 50th game and move to 1 game behind GS who at the time were losing to okc.....

Then stuff happened.

If you haven't seen Curry's game winner (in OT)....well....it's one of those WTAF moments. Back to 2 games.

One of the best games I've seen in a long time, absolutely incredible, like wtf just happened.
    Warriors just don't give up, two massive free throws by iggy to tie it up. Then Curry just went video game on the whole thing, he is just on a different level, range must not be in his vocabulary.

Give credit to Thunder, they played incredibly well, should of probably won, the playoffs will be sensational if they meet

Yup okc should have won. That last 3 though, seriously? ;)

Yup okc should have won. That last 3 though, seriously? ;)

I know, it was incredible.
    I left out some incoherent roar when he knocked it down

• Advertisement

It's not often I'll stay up this late for a regular season game but that was just insane. Glad I did. The confidence you must get from a game like that must be unreal. No way should they have won that.

Varejoa (apologies for the spelling) must be thinking he's won the sports lotto.

Advertisement