Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Curry is using cheat engine on this NBA 2k game, damn! He'll be a back 2 back MVP no doubt about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ive posted on this before but there's a few things about Curry's shooting that are other worldly:
    1. Speed of release - I've never seen quicker, certainly not from a pure shooter (I've seen guys with bad technique maybe in the ballpark but as s pure shooter no one comes close). I'm constantly amazed at how he gets shots off with guys right in his face
    2. His ability to shoot off the dribble laterally - and this is a completely different shot to moving in a forward motion towards the basket off the the dribble. Again just insane
    3. His ability to shoot off the dribble period - if he was a spot shooter hitting the shots he's hitting right now we'd rightfully be in awe, the fact he hits the majority of his shots off the dribble is insane
    4. His ability to create separation for a shot by dribbling or just using his feet and pivoting/faking
    5. The degree of difficulty of some of his shots - again if you were hitting curry %'s and numbers you'd assume the guy is a spot up shooter only. Some of the shots he hits regularly are so difficult they look like desperation plays or click winding down, any brick will do plays, but they're not.

And this is on the most marked, most tightly guarded player in the league?

It's just an insane skill set and I've never seen one guy do it all so well. And he can pass....and dribble....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kyrie wants out of Cleveland apparently.

They should still coast to the finals being in the east, but all is certainly not well there at the moment.

Paully D wrote: »
    Kyrie wants out of Cleveland apparently.

They should still coast to the finals being in the east, but all is certainly not well there at the moment.

It was Stephen a smith reported it I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth

It was Stephen a smith reported it I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth

He's a complete tool alright but does have access to this kind of storyline. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it completely as the Cavs experiment isn't working, but one thing for certain is that Smith has blown it (whatever it is) out of all proportion.

If he goes however, LeJon will walk too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

He's a complete tool alright but does have access to this kind of storyline. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it completely as the Cavs experiment isn't working, but one thing for certain is that Smith has blown it (whatever it is) out of all proportion.

If he goes however, LeJon will walk too.

It's just a suggestion but it's clear the Cavs are in win now mode. Straight up Cp3 and Kyrie trade, who says no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's just a suggestion but it's clear the Cavs are in win now mode. Straight up Cp3 and Kyrie trade, who says no?

The Clippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Paully D wrote: »
    The Clippers.

Really? Getting a PG like Kyrie who's 23 and has a large upside. If the rumours that Blake might be on the trade block why not trade CP3 too who's past his prime and start with a core of DeAndre and Kyrie and whatever players/picks a Blake trade would likely be.

The league. At least until the summer. Trade deadline has passed.

I don't see the attraction for the Cavs tbh. Yes cp3 is a better oh but he's a lot older than Kyrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Thunder doing some more choking tonight, just not good enough.
    Westbrook makes some poor decisions, throwing up an awful 3 attempt with nearly 10 secs left, just not something that is high on his skill set.
    Jordan had a very good game.

• Advertisement

Thunder doing some more choking tonight, just not good enough.
    Westbrook makes some poor decisions, throwing up an awful 3 attempt with nearly 10 secs left, just not something that is high on his skill set.
    Jordan had a very good game.

Just watched the short highlights on NBA.com, wow that was some brick he threw up. A running off balance going sideways bank shot with almost 10 seconds left on the shot and game clocks??? It's not like he even played for the foul by initiating or drawing contact. If a teenager did that you'd want to slap him. Such a dumb, dumb play with ballhog written all over it.

I kinda thought he'd ,matured a little on those things, and while I'm not going to say he's fully returned to his old gunning days based on one game, that was pretty bad.

Rockets sign Michael Beasley for the league minimum until the end of the season with an option until next year, fresh off his MVP season in the Chinese Basketball League.

Now there's a desperation move.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers picked up Ty Lawson. Should be a decent move.

Jimmer to be cut by the Knicks from his 10 day contract.

Shame on some levels, but as I predicted when drafted* he's too slow, small and limited offensively** to be effective in the NBA. I think people forget just how athletic the league is. The Kings wasted a Top 10 pick on him. Guess who went 11th? Some guy called Klay Thompson - where's he now? Kwahi went 15th, Jimmy Butler 30th, Isiah Thomas 60th.....:(

*not being wise after the event, I posted on this numerous times when he was drafted. Insanely good college player, but just too many shortages to make it as a pro.
    **obviously these are relative statements, he is for example a hundred times better than I ever was or could have hoped to be - not hating on Jimmer at all!

CctrvdFWEAASlY4.jpg

Jimmer to be cut by the Knicks from his 10 day contract.

Shame on some levels, but as I predicted when drafted* he's too slow, small and limited offensively** to be effective in the NBA. I think people forget just how athletic the league is. The Kings wasted a Top 10 pick on him. Guess who went 11th? Some guy called Klay Thompson - where's he now? Kwahi went 15th, Jimmy Butler 30th, Isiah Thomas 60th.....:(

*not being wise after the event, I posted on this numerous times when he was drafted. Insanely good college player, but just too many shortages to make it as a pro.
    **obviously these are relative statements, he is for example a hundred times better than I ever was or could have hoped to be - not hating on Jimmer at all!

While I agree that Jimmer was a bad pick by the Kings (shock horror), I don't think it's fair to use Butler and Thomas as a stick against them. 29 other teams passed them up too.

Edit: Just remembered they drafted Thomas anyway LOL

NufcNavan wrote: »
    While I agree that Jimmer was a bad pick by the Kings (shock horror), I don't think it's fair to use Butler and Thomas as a stick against them. 29 other teams passed them up too.

Edit: Just remembered they drafted Thomas anyway LOL

I was about to remind you of that!

The others (even Kwahi and Butler) you can understand on some levels, but the klay Thompson has got to hurt so much considering he was next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Pacers picked up Ty Lawson. Should be a decent move.

Its not 2012. The guy has had a well publicised battle with the drink. He regularly missed shootarounds with Denver for what the Nuggets used to call an "illness." I remember the Nuggets president coming out and saying that often times he showed up for practice stinking of alcohol.

It's no secret that NBA players, (well a lot of them anyway) like to occasionally party when they hit a big city. But Lawson had/has a problem. Windhorst said this during his final months in Denver “In the Ty Lawson situation that was one of the most widely known opens secrets in the league,” Windhorst said. “It was widely known that one of the reasons Lawson was struggling was because he was having some issues with alcohol.”

I mean Lawson was in rehab in Malibu when he heard that he had been traded to the Rockets!

I hope Lawson manages to sort his issues out, and became a really good player again. But I don't see signing him as a major positive for Indiana

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Might be of interest to the celtics fans but the hallowed court in beantown was replaced before this season. I didn't know that the old floor was in use until 2000 from the old gahden when it was changed but they've kept some of the old original floor in this new one. I love this stuff.

I noticed that, the studs/screws silvery metal pieces are very visible now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

I've already said my piece before on here on the Sixers. Joke of a franchise.

Oh man what a sweet win that was against OKC on the road.

Turner is the steal of the draft. He is a beast already and he's only 19.

Myles had 6 blocks. Tied the game with a huge clutch 3 with under a minute left.

I think Westbrook was thinking about him on that layup late in the game...that's why he missed it.

Delighted to see that Portland haven't tanked.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Its not 2012. The guy has had a well publicised battle with the drink. He regularly missed shootarounds with Denver for what the Nuggets used to call an "illness." I remember the Nuggets president coming out and saying that often times he showed up for practice stinking of alcohol.

It's no secret that NBA players, (well a lot of them anyway) like to occasionally party when they hit a big city. But Lawson had/has a problem. Windhorst said this during his final months in Denver “In the Ty Lawson situation that was one of the most widely known opens secrets in the league,” Windhorst said. “It was widely known that one of the reasons Lawson was struggling was because he was having some issues with alcohol.”

I mean Lawson was in rehab in Malibu when he heard that he had been traded to the Rockets!

I hope Lawson manages to sort his issues out, and became a really good player again. But I don't see signing him as a major positive for Indiana

All fair points, but he is only a year removed from putting up good numbers.

If his drinking problem is under control then he could be a valuable piece off the bench. Another part of the problem in Houston was playing alongside Harden. Terrible fit.

Golden State usually lives by the 3, but today they're finally dying by the 3.

Worth noting, The Spurs are 53 and 9. Two and a half games behind the Warriors. And there are 3 games remaining between the two.

The Warriors may not get the best record in the NBA this season.

Worth noting, The Spurs are 53 and 9. Two and a half games behind the Warriors. And there are 3 games remaining between the two.

I'll say this now, even if they lose all 3 to San An they'll still have a better record as they're deeper and will beat the rest of the league easier than San An will. Likewise San An will likely lose a game or two (or more) before the season ends even if they beat GS all 3 times.

That's some very strange scheduling by the NBA though and we touched on this earlier in the year on here. Just very strange.

All of that is said assuming no one gets injured btw! If curry goes down all bets are off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

And this is why I have faith in the Lakers youngsters #Splashcity

astonaidan wrote: »
    And this is why I have faith in the Lakers youngsters #Splashcity

Yup, they're going to win big next year, like maybe over 30 games!

;)

Yup, they're going to win big next year, like maybe over 30 games!

;)

Pah were going to win the draft, get Simmons and bring Howard back to anchor the middle, then win it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

The Dubs got beaten by L.A the city as opposed to the team. Saturday nights with nothing to do in LA, followed by a day game remain undefeated. Going into the game I remember wondering which Warrior players stayed out too late last night. Turned out they all did. They were lethargic, lazy passes and shaky defense ruled the day. Klay and Curry went 1-18 from 3 for God sake. Sunday's game was the first in NBA history between a team with a win percentage better than .900 and a team with a win percentage below .200 at least 50 games into a season. The Dubs saw this, and saw it as an opportunity to really party it up in LA, safe in the knowledge(they thought) that them at their worst would still defeat this abject Lakers team. Kerr said himself " "We looked like the [millennials] tonight. We couldn't focus. We weren’t ready. Zero attention span on either end."

That win is nothing to be getting excited about, trust me. The Warriors are 10-0 against the elite teams, Spurs, Cavs, OKC, Clippers and Raptors.

astonaidan wrote: »
    Pah were going to win the draft, get Simmons and bring Howard back to anchor the middle, then win it all

LA would NEVER take Howard again. Why you would want him is simply beyond me?

• Advertisement

LA would NEVER take Howard again. Why you would want him is simply beyond me?

Cause its perfect, its like a hollywood story, the arch villain coming back for a massive redemption story, kinda like Mel Gibson, its just perfect for LA

Advertisement