Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

astonaidan wrote: »
    Cause its perfect, its like a hollywood story, the arch villain coming back for a massive redemption story, kinda like Mel Gibson, its just perfect for LA

They'd take Mel Gibson before they'd take Dwight Howard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cause its perfect, its like a hollywood story, the arch villain coming back for a massive redemption story, kinda like Mel Gibson, its just perfect for LA

It's nothing at all like that. Terrible analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

NufcNavan wrote: »
    It's nothing at all like that. Terrible analogy.

How they are both dicks, now sure how its a terrible analogy tbh

They'd take Mel Gibson before they'd take Dwight Howard.

Probably I just couldnt think of another center available, cant see us not taking a sf in the draft which means we need to get a center, maybe trade for one of the 6ers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Probably I just couldnt think of another center available, cant see us not taking a sf in the draft which means we need to get a center, maybe trade for one of the 6ers lads

I agree, I don't see any good Center available in the league today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

bside29 wrote: »
    I agree, I don't see any good Center available in the league today.

Sorry lads, don't know what your smoking but the Lakers wouldn't touch Dwight with a barge pole. At the height of his powers he was the best defender in the game, was super athletic- to the extent that it made him effective and efficient on offense. His immense size, and great agility meant he was able to leap out onto a guard and recover to his man in the post with seemingly little effort.

That Dwight Howard has not been around for a long time. He’s still a good player, still swallows rebounds and capable of hitting another level come the playoffs, but injuries have taken a heavy toll on him. His points, rebounds and attempts per 100 possessions are the lowest since his rookie season and his PER ranks 14th among NBA centers. He is still good, but he’s far from great. Centres once they hit 30 only go one way, paying him this summer would make zero sense. Some team will do it, but it won't be L.A, he embarrassed them in a big way by leaving town for Houston, and they won't be in any hurry to bring back the man once know as Superman

buyer95 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, don't know what your smoking but the Lakers wouldn't touch Dwight with a barge pole. At the height of his powers he was the best defender in the game, was super athletic- to the extent that it made him effective and efficient on offense. His immense size, and great agility meant he was able to leap out onto a guard and recover to his man in the post with seemingly little effort.

That Dwight Howard has not been around for a long time. He’s still a good player, still swallows rebounds and capable of hitting another level come the playoffs, but injuries have taken a heavy toll on him. His points, rebounds and attempts per 100 possessions are the lowest since his rookie season and his PER ranks 14th among NBA centers. He is still good, but he’s far from great. Centres once they hit 30 only go one way, paying him this summer would make zero sense. Some team will do it, but it won't be L.A, he embarrassed them in a big way by leaving town for Houston, and they won't be in any hurry to bring back the man once know as Superman

Agree with all of the above. However, you left out the fact that he's a d*ck, a coachkiller and a cancer on every team he's been.........

And despite all that, he'll get a team this year. Such is the life of an elite athlete.

Don't think Dallas will be doing this this year though......lol

I agree with everything your saying 100%, I just couldnt think of a center at the top of my head everything I said was in a joking manner. He wont be coming to LA
    I do however see him as a interesting free agent to watch, where will he end up?
    I see him going east again, easier schedule
    Atalanta-Homecoming King
    Boston-Chance to be the star of a very good squad with maybe the best coach for the upcoming future
    Knicks-Cause well high profile free agent :pac:

I actually think he regrets leaving LA, he would have taken the reigns of Kobe, instead he moved onto a ball hog player of the highest order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

There was only ever one true Superman in La La town and that was Shaq (even Kobe would admit that)

I agree with everything your saying 100%, I just couldnt think of a center at the top of my head everything I said was in a joking manner. He wont be coming to LA
    I do however see him as a interesting free agent to watch, where will he end up?
    I see him going east again, easier schedule
    Atalanta-Homecoming King
    Boston-Chance to be the star of a very good squad with maybe the best coach for the upcoming future
    Knicks-Cause well high profile free agent :pac:

I actually think he regrets leaving LA, he would have taken the reigns of Kobe, instead he moved onto a ball hog player of the highest order.

Spot on about Brad Stephens. It is hillarious, when you look at the You tube videos (yes they are idiots , children and pretend to have been around during MJ's time) but so many were demanding he was sacked after one year despite the big three being taken apart (and bar Pierce, were pretty finished)

Anyway, last two seasons he has Celtics playing great stuff, and now , reasonably consistently

• Advertisement

Boogie suspended one game for an incident during a timeout with Coach Karl.

In other news, lil Nate wants to try out for the NFL. He played in college and in fairness is in incredible shape (if you've ever seen his workouts you'll understand), but that's a big leap IMO.

Spurs at 55-10. You'd almost think there's only one team in the league right now, but the Spurs still work away unnoticed.

Lt Dan wrote: »
    Spot on about Brad Stephens. It is hillarious, when you look at the You tube videos (yes they are idiots , children and pretend to have been around during MJ's time) but so many were demanding he was sacked after one year despite the big three being taken apart (and bar Pierce, were pretty finished)

Anyway, last two seasons he has Celtics playing great stuff, and now , reasonably consistently

what :confused: brad stephens was loved by the fan base from the first season he was there

what :confused: brad stephens was loved by the fan base from the first season he was there

Yeah was a little puzzled about that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

Boogie suspended one game for an incident during a timeout with Coach Karl.

In other news, lil Nate wants to try out for the NFL. He played in college and in fairness is in incredible shape (if you've ever seen his workouts you'll understand), but that's a big leap IMO.

Spurs at 55-10. You'd almost think there's only one team in the league right now, but the Spurs still work away unnoticed.

The Spurs will be defending their home court next weekend against GSW and will definitely start getting a share of the spotlight if they win, although yeah Spurs are ALWAYS quietly winning. Can't wait for that matchup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Seriously worried about Thunder. Big defensive problems in OKC. KD saying its all on him which is absolute bull****. In a way its what you want from a leader but other players cant keep hiding behind him. Cant see us going past 2nd round at this rate tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Soby wrote: »
    Seriously worried about Thunder. Big defensive problems in OKC. KD saying its all on him which is absolute bull****. In a way its what you want from a leader but other players cant keep hiding behind him. Cant see us going past 2nd round at this rate tbh

Russ overhelping on that last play was stupid.

So......

GS......I'm just getting a little worried on this. They're winning, but not like they used to. At the start of the year they were killing teams in the 1st quarter and half - games were over by then. Now teams - even crap teams - are staying with them or even leading after 3. Assists are dropping, turnovers are way up, defence seems nonchalant at best and I'm wondering if they're getting just a little too cocky right now. They look like a team that need a kick in the backside tbh. They have had multiple games this year where Curry or Klay bail them out with a lights-out quarter (Curry bailed them out in Q4 last night) but that's happening a little too often now.

Throw in Iggy out at least 2 weeks....not the best timing on that one. As he proved in the Finals last year, he's more valuable to them than the numbers suggest. The only difficult games in that stretch are the Spurs (away) and Clipps (at home), so they should still be ok for the 1 seed, but I'm more concerned with the elements I've highlighted above.

They're still 1 until someone beats them consistently, but say even one of their first 4 (not a typo) was out for 2 weeks (a typical playoff series) and it's REALLY game on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jae crowder out for at least two weeks with a high ankle sprain. Feck it anyway.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jae crowder out for at least two weeks with a high ankle sprain. Feck it anyway.

That's a disaster I reckon that will drop them a seed at least.

On a separate note are the cavs the most incompetent team in the league? Nearly worse than the Knicks like

That's a disaster I reckon that will drop them a seed at least.

On a separate note are the cavs the most incompetent team in the league? Nearly worse than the Knicks like

It's not good nerd. not good.

I think it's the cleveland sports curse. There up and down like brian boru bridge in the old days.

• Advertisement

Not really. But, then again , I got that view from , er, You Tube and various American Basket ball websites, so probably a dire source.

For sure , the Boston media were happy and knew that he had a huge job since the Big 3 left (and were poor in their last season together)

GS at 60-6, even Bogut hit a three....and had a big air ball free throw (in fairness it slipped, funny though).

Just found this on the Twitter machine:

Top 5 teams in both East/West vs each other
    GS: 18-0
    TOR: 13-5
    SAN: 8-5
    CLE: 11-9
    BOS: 8-8
    OKC: 8-10
    LAC: 7-10
    MIA: 6-14
    CHA: 5-14

Toronto (+), San An and OKC (-) are surprising for me. Toronto I guess could be explained by the fact they're in the East, surprised to see San An have lost 5 though considering they've only played GS once.

San An won their 42nd straight home game last night though, completely blowing the clippers out in the 4th quarter.

the celtics with a loss in toronto last night are now on a four game losing streak.

the celtics with a loss in toronto last night are now on a four game losing streak.

Jay crowder is vital to the team

Jay crowder is vital to the team

Yep.

Yep.

Every team needs that type of player now the league has really changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://streamable.com/20fk

Steph confirmed not human.

Spurs warriors is going to be amazing tonight when have we last had a chance to see two of the all time great teams face off with something on the line

• Advertisement

Spurs warriors is going to be amazing tonight when have we last had a chance to see two of the all time great teams face off with something on the line

It will be all kind of amazeballs nerd.

Advertisement