Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

The tempo favors the Spurs and they have a 5pt lead atm @ 63-58.

aaaaaaaand howards been caught using stickum his defence is that he does it every game :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

aaaaaaaand howards been caught using stickum his defence is that he does it every game :confused:

Well that one could be a HUGE story....or get buried. Howard said he "ain't even tripping" - he should be.

The "I've been doing it for years" defence? That's right up there with the dog ate my homework.

They knew it was illegal as the video of the incident indicates. Covering the can with white tape? Seriously?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dwight-howard-caught-using-stickum--but--ain-t-even-tripping-041841927.html

So the Spurs beat GSW. I had a feeling they would. I didn't think they'd hold them to 79 points though.

Couple of mitigating factors however - no Iggy and no Bogut for GSW, and that's two huge parts of that team. GSW won't shoot as badly again across the board. You can do that once a series, maybe a couple of times, you can't play like that for 7 games though against a team with weapons everywhere.

So for me, based on what I saw last night - and when both are fully healthy - I see GSW as still favourites in a 7 game series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unfortunately circumstances have meant I haven't had much chance to see much of the Bulls over the last few months. What has gone wrong? There's a very realistic chance they won't even make the playoffs now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Paully D wrote: »
    Unfortunately circumstances have meant I haven't had much chance to see much of the Bulls over the last few months. What has gone wrong? There's a very realistic chance they won't even make the playoffs now!

Might be for the best. Blow the team up and rebuild around Butler and get a high pick.

Injuries. Coaching transition/adjustments. Morale (I'd suspect) given where they are, trade rumours around Gasol, Butler to a lesser degree. No Noah....

After beating GSW, San An lose to Charlotte. Had they won they'd have been at 60 wins and 3 behind GSW (and still to play them twice in the last few games of the season). Very strange. Back to 4 now.

So here we have Lebron acting like a Prima Donna part 426:

He unfollows the Cavs on twitter and Instagram then gets bitchy when reporters ask questions about him (clearly a stunt for whatever reason. Maybe a dig at FO).

Then, goes on record to say he'd take a paycut to play with his boys Melo, D Wade, CP3 etc. Imagine how that makes his current team mates feel? Lebron is a massive douche.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    So here we have Lebron acting like a Prima Donna part 426:

He unfollows the Cavs on twitter and Instagram then gets bitchy when reporters ask questions about him (clearly a stunt for whatever reason. Maybe a dig at FO).

Then, goes on record to say he'd take a paycut to play with his boys Melo, D Wade, CP3 etc. Imagine how that makes his current team mates feel? Lebron is a massive douche.

Total tool and a big baby. That lady mimicking him crying was right on.

• Advertisement

GSW beat up the Clipps last night again - when they wanted to. killed them in the 4th. Both Splash Bros went for 30+.

So barring complete disaster over the last 11 games GSW will have homecourt advantage over the Spurs. Considering both are on 40+ game (50+ in the case of GSW) home win streaks that makes a HUGE difference come play off time.

I do hope both teams stay fully healthy for that series, it will be an incredible treat to watch - be it run and guess or chess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

at the moment, the Celtics would be paired against the Heat in the first round. I would be fearful for the Celtics. Joe Johnson is suddenly playing good again since leaving the Nets.

2smiggy wrote: »
    at the moment, the Celtics would be paired against the Heat in the first round. I would be fearful for the Celtics. Joe Johnson is suddenly playing good again since leaving the Nets.

Outside of the Cavs there's nobody in the East the Cs should fear tbh, and that goes for every team in the East really.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Outside of the Cavs there's nobody in the East the Cs should fear tbh, and that goes for every team in the East really.

Raps heat and possibly the pacers would be faves against them though

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

To Celtics Fans: This is not a troll question, just genuinely interested,

What do you think of Thomas? do you see him as a franchise player?

Each time I get to watch their games I only see him as a hero ball without Kobe's clutch.

Some end to the Clipper game last night.

They trailed by 6 heading into the last two minutes before taking the lead with a minute to go.

Lillard 3 ball put the Blazers up by 3 with less than 24secs to go.

Crawford hits a crazy long one with 11secs to go.

Blazers miss with 1.1 left and the Clippers score a long two by JJ from the inbound buzzer beater.

mjavi wrote: »

Each time I get to watch their games I only see him as a hero ball without Kobe's clutch.

I don't see that as a trolling question at all.

He might have better numbers but talk to any Boston fan with a brain and they'll tell you who the star on that team is.

Thomas is a short term acquisition. He won't be in Boston in 3 years. Hell he may not even be there next.

Boston are going to pull the trigger this summer on something big. Everyone is likely on the blocks at this stage as they seek to turn the just below great team talent into great team.

Trust in Ainge!

Always interwsting observations from BBall Breakdown but this one is particularly good:

he plays a lot of hero ball but in his defence he is by far the best scorer on the team so its not an issue really. I think if he was playing with a superstar that would be negated to an extent and i think in an ideal situation he's a monster 6th man likely a 6th man of the year but i do believe he could potentially start as a 2nd and definitely as a 3rd option on the right team

He might have better numbers but talk to any Boston fan with a brain and they'll tell you who the star on that team is.

Thomas is a short term acquisition. He won't be in Boston in 3 years. Hell he may not even be there next.

Boston are going to pull the trigger this summer on something big. Everyone is likely on the blocks at this stage as they seek to turn the just below great team talent into great team.

Trust in Ainge!
    I know your saying jay is the star but really its brad. Brad Stephens has been absolutely amazing and even though he's getting credit now I still don't think he gets the recognition if the cs get one or two better players I think he could put himself on that level below pop

my fear this summer is that they have left it to the last second to consolidate all those picks/players guys know they can't use all of them so a move has to be made now but as you said trust in ainge he's been amazing so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Trust in Ainge!

I think im ok with my basketball knowledge, and honestly I dont know if I could pick a star on the celtics team, I like a lot of the players but dont know if I could pick Jay ahead of Thomas, Put a big player on that team like Love, Cousins, Durant :pac:, DeRozan, Horford or even Howard next year Ill be backing them for the title

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    I think im ok with my basketball knowledge, and honestly I dont know if I could pick a star on the celtics team, I like a lot of the players but dont know if I could pick Jay ahead of Thomas, Put a big player on that team like Love, Cousins, Durant :pac:, DeRozan, Horford or even Howard next year Ill be backing them for the title
    I think jay is the most important player on the team and although not a superstar he plays a role that has become incredibly valuable in today's nba but ta is love to see what brad could do with a superstar

Part of me wonders if Thomaaa was the problem/the reason the boogie trade didn't happen. They didn't work brilliantly in Sacramento and it's not like the Kings wanted him back so there's no trade value in him. I still think that boogie is the likely target though.

Yes, it's Jay I was referring to. It's not about the numbers.

The Cavs might have their own issue but they will still sleepwalk to the East and there's no one in that conference who can currently beat them over a 7 game series as unfortunate as that is.

It's a real shame the Finals can't be Warriors/Spurs.

I would love it if the playoffs were compiled of just the best 16 teams, regardless of conference.

The Cavs might have their own issue but they will still sleepwalk to the East and there's no one in that conference who can currently beat them over a 7 game series as unfortunate as that is.

I would love it if the playoffs were compiled of just the best 16 teams, regardless of conference.

Was saying the same to my friends, would be better if the best matched off but hey LBJ gets another final.
    Unrelated whos your team? Like Im a Villa and Lakers guy are you as unfortunate as me picking teams :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Was saying the same to my friends, would be better if the best matched off but hey LBJ gets another final.
    Unrelated whos your team? Like Im a Villa and Lakers guy are you as unfortunate as me picking teams :(

Man United and Knicks so not much better. Rest assured the Lakers will be relevant again really soon.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Man United and Knicks so not much better. Rest assured the Lakers will be relevant again really soon.

And aston villa.............no ok :(

Bulls for me mate, so at least I generally get some light relief when I watch the basketball. I haven't got to see much this year, but that's probably for the best. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

No

A starter? Not sure either

But

sure as hell love him and is damn too precious to get rid of.

Not strong enough in a finish (knows how to get to the charity line though) but then, iso play was never really what Celtics did. Intelligent Team basketball and spacing is the way to go.

Bulls for me mate, so at least I generally get some light relief when I watch the basketball. I haven't got to see much this year, but that's probably for the best. :pac:

In November , they went from one of the most deepest squads and greatly herald forecourt to..... eh, who is not injured.

Even under Thibs they did not have this much injury trouble (well, until they got to the play offs that is)

• Advertisement

The real shame is that unlike the Eastern Conference Finals between Cavs and another time, due to the time difference, it will be tricky to watch Spurs v Warriors at 3.30 am during the week, live.

Advertisement