Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Difficult to see the Warriors not getting to at least 18-0 now with games @ Nuggets, vs Lakers, @ Suns and vs Kings to come in their next 4 with a 2 day rest period after the Nuggets and a 3 day rest period after the Lakers.

They go on a 7 game long road trip then but all are relatively easy games for them (Jazz, Hornets, Raptors, Nets, Pacers, Celtics and Bucks)

You'd have to think they'll drop at least 1 game on that circus trip, but with the next 3 games after the road trip easy ones at home, there's certainly a chance they could actually be 29-0 going into the Christmas Day game at home to the Cavs. How good would that be? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

Paully D wrote: »
    Difficult to see the Warriors not getting to at least 18-0 now with games @ Nuggets, vs Lakers, @ Suns and vs Kings to come in their next 4 with a 2 day rest period after the Nuggets and a 3 day rest period after the Lakers.

They go on a 7 game long road trip then but all are relatively easy games for them (Jazz, Hornets, Raptors, Nets, Pacers, Celtics and Bucks)

You'd have to think they'll drop at least 1 game on that circus trip, but with the next 3 games after the road trip easy ones at home, there's certainly a chance they could actually be 29-0 going into the Christmas Day game at home to the Cavs. How good would that be? :eek:

they won't get to 29-0 they are a great team but this is the nba teams lose games they should win on a nightly basis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Personally I think they'll lose to Phoenix or Denver.

they won't get to 29-0 they are a great team but this is the nba teams lose games they should win on a nightly basis

I do agree, but the Heat got to 27 only two seasons ago and the Rockets won 22 in a row seven years ago.

The Warriors have a realistic chance for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The Pacers lit up the Bucks tonight. Fairly impressive.

• Advertisement

LeBron actually walked off the court out of frustration at a bad pass last night :eek: The Cavs were blowing out the Hawks so it didn't really matter, but what a disgraceful move on his part. As for Blatt's excuse :rolleyes:

"I blew a gasket. You know what that mean? I apologized to my teammates for it," he said, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin.

Cleveland was ahead 72-46 at the time, making the incident even more unusual. Asked why he was so upset, James countered, "That's not the point."

Cavaliers head coach David Blatt had a simple explanation: James thought he was playing a different sport.

"Well, he was frustrated," Blatt said. "He knew we weren't playing right. And (he) thought we were playing hockey. A hockey sub. You know, Bron is a lot of things - a lot of great things - but probably where you're not going to see him is out there playing for the (AHL's Lake Erie) Monsters or the (New York) Rangers. You know what I mean?

"But he was frustrated. I understand his frustration, but obviously, you shouldn't do that."

Lebron is a petulant ass lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Regarding the Warriors, I am in no doubt that the Lakers will stop them, Kobes last year, would pretty much be like winning it all..... I feel sad now :(

I am LOLing at how the Clips and Rockets are simultaneously unraveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can we all just stop and appreciate the fact that the Knicks just won back to back road games in Oklahoma and Houston.
    Porzingis played out of his head, dropping 24 points, 11 rebounds and 7(yes 7) blocks. He scored off the dribble from midrange, hit 2 threes, was a monster on defense and ran up and down the court with guards. I said this a few weeks back, but I'll repeat it. Outside of Towns, there is no one else in that draft that I would rather the Knicks had, Okafor included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

The Raptors only scored 8 points in the 3rd quarter and still beat the Clippers last night ðŸ˜

Yep. Porzingis would definitely go 2nd in a revised draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

buyer95 wrote: »
    Can we all just stop and appreciate the fact that the Knicks just won back to back road games in Oklahoma and Houston.
    Porzingis played out of his head, dropping 24 points, 11 rebounds and 7(yes 7) blocks. He scored off the dribble from midrange, hit 2 threes, was a monster on defense and ran up and down the court with guards. I said this a few weeks back, but I'll repeat it. Outside of Towns, there is no one else in that draft that I would rather the Knicks had, Okafor included.

I am loving this new Knicks team. If they can keep that roster intact, who knows where Phil and Fish can take them... exciting times

Warriors out to a 7-0 start and don't even properly have their head coach, crazy. I wonder if they might challenge the 48/49 Capitols and 93/93 Rockets for that 15-0 start? Their next 8 games are:

vs Pistons
    @ Grizzlies
    @ T-Wolves
    vs Nets
    vs Raptors
    @ Clippers
    vs Bulls
    @ Nuggets

Pistons and Raptors have had a very good start, though 3 each of their wins have come against East teams so will hardly strike fear into the Warriors. Grizzlies, T-Wolves and Nets should be money in the bank, though they are back-to-back road games in consecutive nights against Memphis and Minnesota so it's possible that they could fall there.

For 16-0 and the new record it would be vs Lakers, so essentially if they equal the 15-0 record they probably beat it 2 days later.

Personally I think they'll get to @ Clippers/vs Bulls and lose one of those, so 13-0 or 14-0 before being defeated and just miss out.

Warriors going for the record tonight at home to the Lakers. It should be a blowout in all honesty. Warriors 17 point favourites. It'll be interesting to see how the circus trip goes for them.

Does anyone think they really might beat the 72-10 Bulls season record?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I've never been a real big Kobe fan. But it is really sad to see his career end like this. Lakers are truly awful right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

WHIP IT! wrote:
    I've never been a real big Kobe fan. But it is really sad to see his career end like this. Lakers are truly awful right now.

Clearly just there for the money at this point. He was awful against the Warriors.
    Keep getting them checks Kobe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Does anyone think they really might beat the 72-10 Bulls season record?

Do I think they can beat it? Yes, provided they stay injury free.....and that's s huge "if".

Do I think they will? No. They've been (largely) very lucky with injuries in the last few years as their injuries have been putting players out for 3-6 games and never more than 1 player injured at any one time. Like most teams in the league, they're one injury away from a serious slump. And they're due one, not that I'd ever want to see that. Anyone who's watched my posts the last few years will know I've been on this team for years in terms of his good they were talent wise.

Steph Curry was notoriously injury prone in his early pro years, to the point where he was being offered in trade bait at one stage - imagine if that had happened?! Bogut gets injured regularly too.

One thing they have in their favour in terms of preventing injuries is their player management scheduling per game with no one (usually) playing more than 32mins per night. Only San Antonio really do better than that (the big 3 usually play only 26mins per game).

Their 67-15 season last year was for me more impressive than the 72-10 Bulls season given the strength of the opposition Conference and League wise at the time versus last year.

I'd love to see them do it, I just don't think they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Alot of the media seem to have forgotten the Heats massive run 2 years ago. Also another mental run that's on at the minute, the Sixers have lost something like 26 in row including the end of last season.

Alot of the media seem to have forgotten the Heats massive run 2 years ago. Also another mental run that's on at the minute, the Sixers have lost something like 26 in row including the end of last season.

if i remember correctly the heats run didn't feel as dominant though they won games but there was a bit of spluttering. or am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

if i remember correctly the heats run didn't feel as dominant though they won games but there was a bit of spluttering. or am i wrong?

I don't have time to google it but from memory they pretty much blew teams away during that time until the Chicago game (which they lost). But again, they were in the East.....:D;) In fairness (and I hate the Heat and the whole LeJon Decision thing so it's hard for me to say this), they were pretty good during that period.

• Advertisement

They let Ish Smith and Glenn Robinson III walk and are paying the price for it. GRIII has been a nice pick up for the Pacers and looks like he could start in this league in a year or two. Their model might work if anyone involved in the organisation could scout.

This is why I hate The Process so much. you wanna tank? cool, that's a strategy. Philly's not just tanking, Hinkie's waiting until a generational Lebron, top 5 ever, type talent falls into his lap and waiting on that rising tide to lift his rubber life raft with a bunch of holes in it.

Every single thing that franchise does is built upon losing more games until that lotto ticket finally makes good and it's flat out disrespectful to the game and the league (and I hate cliched phrases like that but it's true).

ANYONE can do what he's done and there's still tons of moronic sycophants that think he's some genius because "there's only one way to win." Hinkie is stealing money and it's a shame that his farce of a career is preventing qualified candidates from getting a chance at running a franchise.

It's not even just the culture they're creating, it's the complete disregard for human decency, same gigantic problem I have with Morey. these nerds think human beings are plot points on a chart and all you gotta do is find the sweet spot on those axes and BOOM MAN NOW WE WIN!

I'm cool with the whole "pro sports is a business" stuff, but Hinkie's a robot that probably doesn't even have any of his players numbers in his phone. I GUARANTEE you there's a guy on that roster right now that if you showed Hinkie his picture he wouldn't know who it was.

Another win for the Warriors last night to move to 18-0. Their circus trip starts on Tuesday:

@ Jazz
    @ Hornets
    @ Raptors
    @ Nets
    @ Pacers
    @ Celtics
    @ Bucks

The back-to-backs are Raptors/Nets and Celtics/Bucks, with 1 day of rest between Jazz/Hornets and 2 days of rest between Nets/Pacers.

Where, if anywhere, will they fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Another win for the Warriors last night to move to 18-0. Their circus trip starts on Tuesday:

@ Jazz
    @ Hornets
    @ Raptors
    @ Nets
    @ Pacers
    @ Celtics
    @ Bucks

The back-to-backs are Raptors/Nets and Celtics/Bucks, with 1 day of rest between Jazz/Hornets and 2 days of rest between Nets/Pacers.

Where, if anywhere, will they fall?

Might hit 20 , Raptors could be first loss or Nets/Celtics maybe.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Might hit 20 , Raptors could be first loss or Nets/Celtics maybe.

Interestingly the bookies think the Jazz game is their most likely first loss:

235137322911317d438b7081818870f6.png

Man, I'd love to see them still unbeaten coming into that Christmas Day game at home to Cleveland. How good would that be?

Unbeaten at christmas with a cavs rematch up would be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Kobe is calling it quits after this season.

Sad to hear, even if it was expected.

i think its great to hear now the season gets to be used as a testimonial instead of people giving him crap for playing bad

oh what fun it is to think...what if Kobe had been a Charlotte Hornet for life?

• Advertisement

i think its great to hear now the season gets to be used as a testimonial instead of people giving him crap for playing bad

To get that top 3 pick, all they need to do is let Kobe continue to do whatever the hell he wants on the court. This means that he'll go out as a happy camper since he would rather shoot 6-21 than defer to his teammates. Also, the fans will get one last look at Kobe Bryant. From the organisation's standpoint, allowing Kobe to continue to act like it's 2009 means they will have a miserably pathetic record that will hopefully be bad enough to get them that top 3 pick. It's a win-win for everyone involved.

Advertisement