Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This game could be a costly game for the warriors. Klay Thompson has hurt his ankle.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It was a strange game. The Warriors killed them early and were 28 points up in the second half. They've been weird in that most teams they've beaten this year they've hammered early with the games over by half-time; and others they've had to dig deep to recover from late, but they keep winning.

Unfortunate for Thompson, he was on a 5 game run of 20+PPG and was clearly on form again from 3 so hopefully he won't miss much time.

Anyone still think Curry's not playing insane basketball right now?
    http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/08/first-quarter-nba-awards-stephen-curry-kawhi-leonard-karl-anthony-towns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Will the streak end tonight? Boston have played most teams close this season, are strong defensively and Klay Thompson is out. JVG on record saying he thinks tonight is the night the streak ends. Its starting at 12.30, I'd urge every one to watch this, if they can get over this game, being 29-0 on Christmas day becomes a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Melo being Melo again last night. Down 2 with a couple of seconds left, goes for an off-balance 3 with 2 guys on him and KP under the basket. Such a glory-hunter, such a selfish player and such a small brain for a guy with incredible individual talent. Must be incredibly frustrating to play with a guy like that. I've been consistent on him for years (as regular thread watchers will know) - he's always struck me as the kinda guy who'd rather score 50 and lose than 2 and win.

Also worth looking at the highlights alone for some nasty dunks by Boogie, and a "where the hell did that come from?" dunk from Rondo (yes, Rondo).

Melo being Melo again last night. Down 2 with a couple of seconds left, goes for an off-balance 3 with 2 guys on him and KP under the basket. Such a glory-hunter, such a selfish player and such a small brain for a guy with incredible individual talent. Must be incredibly frustrating to play with a guy like that. I've been consistent on him for years (as regular thread watchers will know) - he's always struck me as the kinda guy who'd rather score 50 and lose than 2 and win.

Also worth looking at the highlights alone for some nasty dunks by Boogie, and a "where the hell did that come from?" dunk from Rondo (yes, Rondo).

Rondo clearly fouled Melo on that play, and he should have would have been shooting free throws as the Kings were in the penalty. The league has come out and said the refs missed the foul. http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/12/L2M-NYK-SAC-12-10-15.pdf

KP was open, but the pass was not an easy one to make. By the time Melo got into position to possibly make the pass there was 1.9 seconds on the clock meaning that there probably wasn't time for Melo to pass, Kp to catch and then lay it in/dunk. The shot was probably the best option to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Valentina Raspy Tummy

buyer95 wrote: »
    Will the streak end tonight? Boston have played most teams close this season, are strong defensively and Klay Thompson is out. JVG on record saying he thinks tonight is the night the streak ends. Its starting at 12.30, I'd urge every one to watch this, if they can get over this game, being 29-0 on Christmas day becomes a real possibility.

id give them a chance with smart there and healthy but i dont think so now. i think they could run them close crowder should do a decent job on green (who i think is as important as curry for them) and smart and curry could go agains the guards. the warriors would still be huge faves but now you have isiah marking one of the outside guys as a starter and that won't end well defensively

steph just airballed thats it done deal :D

edit: and hes 1-7 whens the last time that happened

God the Boston colour commentators are unbearably biased.

God the Boston colour commentators are unbearably biased.

ya thats tommy the guy has i think 8 titles as a player and 1 as a coach all at the celtics he can do whatever he wants in the garden :D he's almost a parody though he gets far far worse than this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

As a long suffering Kings fan I'm enjoying watching Rondo this year. This got me out of my seat!

https://streamable.com/awx9

Also the kings almost kingsed up the end of the game, Melo had a free run to the basket while Boogie and Gay just stood and watched. Just too familiar to see mistakes and pure laziness prevailing to keep the Knicks in it.

Rondo is playing fantasic this year it has to be said. Once Boogie can stay healthy (his backs been bad the last week) there should be a few wins in the next while

• Advertisement

hows wcs playing for ye i was really hoping he would drop

Boston gets it level.p Get the cavalry in quick Walton

hows wcs playing for ye i was really hoping he would drop
    Add your reply here.
    I've watched a bit of him, he's been very mixed. Spacing is a huge issue when he takes the floor with Boogie

Boston gets it level.p Get the cavalry in quick Walton

shhhhhh say nothing

Boston up by four. Say nothing lads.

ya thats tommy the guy has i think 8 titles as a player and 1 as a coach all at the celtics he can do whatever he wants in the garden :D he's almost a parody though he gets far far worse than this

That's Tommy ? That nerd is the living god that has 8 as a player and TWO as a coach in 74 and 76. And he and Mike are no more biased then most team commentators.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's Tommy ? That nerd is the living god that has 8 as a player and TWO as a coach in 74 and 76. And he and Mike are no more biased then most team commentators.

also you can't pretend most team commentators are peter griffen so that has to count for something

This is going to go down to the wire. Boston playing outstanding defense all night on Curry. Massive performance from the Celtics.

Not having Klay out there is killing them Dubs on offense. The Cs are just ignoring Livingston and over helping every time on Curry.

**** sake curry stumbled and gets the call. 😒 Twice the Celtics players didn't get calls before that.

• Advertisement

Terrible, terrible possession there by Isiah. They had 18 seconds to get a decent look, and Thomas settles for the contested pull up 3 after dribbling down the clock. Smh

**** sake curry stumbled and gets the call. Twice the Celtics players didn't get calls before that.
    Add your reply here.
    That was the correct call, he reached in when Curry was down

Terrible, terrible possession there by Isiah. They had 18 seconds to get a decent look, and Thomas settles for the contested pull up 3 after dribbling down the clock. Smh

I think the fact it's a tie game he thought if he misses it still a tie game. I mean I think you drive to the basket and see what you get.

I think the fact it's a tie game he thought if he misses it still a tie game. I mean I think you drive to the basket and see what you get.

pull up shooter against a guy nearly a foot taller than him was a a poor call

Add your reply here.
    That was the correct call, he reached in when Curry was down

He didn't make contact with curry though. He made contact with the ball as far as I could see.

Add your reply here.
    Terrible play whatever way you slice it. At least The Truth would dribble the clock out and then take the 3. He could have cost his team the game

isiahs blowing this

This game though. Wow. Game of the year for me. Even if the Warriors get this, heavy legs will take their toll tomorrow night. The shortened rotation without Barnes and Klay really hurts in this situation

This game though. Wow. Game of the year for me. Even if the Warriors get this, heavy legs will take their toll tomorrow night. The shortened rotation without Barnes and Klay really hurts in this situation

ya really good game must say.

steph is having a bad game and he's scored 36 points :eek:he has to be mvp and most improved this could end up one of the all time great seasons

• Advertisement

**** me isiah thomas is playing really poorly

Advertisement