Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protesters - Navan rd fly-over

Options
  • 27-10-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭

I don't care what they're on about, but it's f**king gridlock out there: both directions approaching from Dunboyne on N3 and exiting Dublin. They're on the liberty insurance N3 flyover with protest sheets draped over the railings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

dodzy wrote: »
    I don't care what they're on about, but it's f**king gridlock out there: both directions approaching from Dunboyne on N3 and exiting Dublin. They're on the liberty insurance N3 flyover with protest sheets draped over the railings.

+1. Totally counterproductive, the stress and frustration would make me support the cause they were protesting against. Was massively delayed on a night when I should have been home earlier than usual.

Just went through that junction again and it's still bad, like morning rush hour. Took me 20 minutes to get from Waterville to Scoil Oilibheir in Coolmine grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Are they blocking the road?

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Are they blocking the road?

Gone since about 6.30, it's the knock on effect

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What were they even protesting about? The couple of banners I drove under didn't really make it clear.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    What were they even protesting about? The couple of banners I drove under didn't really make it clear.

Anti water charge protesters afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Every single one of them should be arrested.

Causing major disruption to the whole city (literally - the M50 was backed up from Blanchardstown for 2.5km apparently) isn't something that anyone should be able to do deliberately and get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'd be fully behind those clowns having their heads knocked. But that's the sort of reaction they're looking for, so they're usually left alone like you would a child having a tantrum before they realise the pointlessness of their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The bigger issue is that protesters on a foot path on a bridge have the ability to cause sudhsuch disruption to the M50.

Takes one rubber necker for it all to fall apart. Pathetic really.

Advertisement