Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Sport

Options
  • 27-10-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Beta's starting early next year and it has an interesting partnership with the FIA.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going by past releases we'll see this sometime in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I kind meh about grand tourismo these days. Ps3 gt games were always worse then forza. Hated lazy premium and standard car system too. No interiors was a big thing for me. AI in forza was and is always more superior. Gt one always felt like lifeless perfect line robots. In forza 6 you feel like racing people, who make mistakes like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For those thinking this will be GT7
    "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's president and CEO Jim Ryan provided some clarity in the wake of Sony's conference at Paris Games Week.

"We're not announcing Gran Turismo 7 at this stage," he told Eurogamer.

"Fair to say [series director Kazunori Yamauchi] has been making these games for some considerable time now. I think it's reasonable to assume that something else might come down the road. Is it a Prologue? No, I think it'll be more than that.

"The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's on the disc. You had a distinction between a Prologue and a full GT, it was very stark. When the game becomes more of an online connected experience, that distinction blurs. This will be much more than a Prologue type experience."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I kind meh about grand tourismo these days. Ps3 gt games were always worse then forza. Hated lazy premium and standard car system too. No interiors was a big thing for me. AI in forza was and is always more superior. Gt one always felt like lifeless perfect line robots. In forza 6 you feel like racing people, who make mistakes like you.
    Forza's driving mechanics have never been as good as Gran Turismo's. Turn 10 never matched up when it came to braking and grip, the levels of both always felt more textured and deep in Gran Turismo. I've big issues with Gran Turismo's career mode progression once you get near the top of the tree, but in terms of a driving experience, Forza's never been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Forza's driving mechanics have never been as good as Gran Turismo's. Turn 10 never matched up when it came to braking and grip, the levels of both always felt more textured and deep in Gran Turismo. I've big issues with Gran Turismo's career mode progression once you get near the top of the tree, but in terms of a driving experience, Forza's never been better.

Forza and Grand tourismo had proper sim driving mechanics. You want those, then go pc sim racers.
    As a simish racing game forza appeals to me a lot more then GT . Even if mechanics are worse,which I don't, but I won't argue about it. Forza gives way better experience with car roaster, customisation, ai, quality of content.

If new GT is actually decent, I will give it a go. I still buy all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was a massive fan of Gran turismo but I definitely feel that Forza has passed it by at this stage.
    The handling model was light years ahead of anything else from the ps1 and ps2 era, but by the time forza 4 came out, they had made the leap to serious contender in my mind. Either way though, seeing as they're both platform exclusives, they're not really in direct competition with each other.

The wait between titles is unfathomably long, and the whole thing is as dry as dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

By stating that it's not GT7, does that mean it's not a full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

By stating that it's not GT7, does that mean it's not a full game?

Think of it more as a prologue at the moment, how much content will be in it, only Polyphony knows so far.

Advertisement