Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rick Grimes Thread (comic/tv spoilers ahoy)

• 27-10-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

I feel this thread is a long time coming , those of us who have watched from the beginning, have seen Rick put up with a lot of **** and lot of his friends and even family die around him

Last night in Episode 3 of season 6 we see Rick being ambushed by 5 of the Wolves in the RV , Yet Rick deals with them in record time and without breaking a sweat more or less'

We've also seen a side of Rick we've seen before in other characters like Shane and Governor , Leaving behind and sometimes downright threatning to kill people who we see's as weak , Has Rick gone over the edge ? Or is he justified and has he become what he originally hated (shane, governor , merle)

Also is this the Rick the group need right now with possibly even bigger threats ahead like
    Neegan
    that is if he survives the walker horde bearing down on him

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is this a TV show thread or a comics thread? You mention spoilers possible and a future probable character in a spoiler thread. How is this discussion to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bit of both i reckon I can't edit the title now :/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bit of both i reckon I can't edit the title now :/

Yes you can.

Edit > Go Advanced > Then edit the thread title and save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I've seen a lot of people comparing Rick to Shane and, while there are similarities, there are also a lot of really important differences. In the end, Shane didn't have any humanity left. It was gone. He was, pardon the pun, a "walking dead". He only cared about himself and what he could get from this new world and he had to be put down.

Rick still has some humanity in him. A little. He deeply cares about Carl, Judith and everyone else in his group. But that's as far as it will stretch. He doesn't care about the people of Alexandria, not really. He cares about protecting the community, not about protecting it's inhabitants (unless they are part of his group). We see that when he tells Michonne and Glenn to leave the others behind if they have to. The way he just gunned down the people outside the RV, without even trying to reason with them (like he did with The Governor when he was outside the prison) shows that this Rick takes no chances.

The turning point for Rick in the comics is
    the horde breaking into Alexandria
    . He realises that he needs to work with people for him to save his people and Carl. It's what sets him up to be the leader he is in the comics now. That, and one or two other things, are going to be very important in the TV show as Rick is slipping into madness and there is always a way back but the further he falls the harder it is for him to snap out of it.

I'm loving how the TV show is putting more of an emphasis on Rick's descent into madness (they've covered it a few times before too,
    unlike the comics which was very much just the trip to Alexandria and up to the horde invasion
    ), it's definitely one of the best parts of the show.

Advertisement