Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendation for new car

Options
  • 27-10-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have a Peugeot 307 (2005) 60k on it, looking to change it now as it nearly 10years old. (not in fantastic nick (bodywise) either). Some nice person decided to reverse into my door and and then scarpered. So I would guess circa 500e worth of body damage done to it, i would estimate it is currently worth 2k less damage.

I do mainly city driving 4/5 days a week but once a month drive to Cork and back. My budgert is circa 10k-12k not 100% sure (that includes whatever I can get from a garage for the peugeot). I would do 8/9k a year.

Was thinking of getting a 1.2/1.3 car but not sure what to go for. I dont know if I need a 1.4 for the driving I do, its for 2 aldults max and wouldlike some boot space so hatchback would be my preference....any ideas...tnks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not sure your going to save much by ruling out 1.4 litre cars over 1.2 or 1.3 litre especially if you want a decent size boot. The majority of cars within your budget will be taxed on emissions anyway rather than engine size too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you want it to be roughly the same size as your existing car?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Johnsee

Well certainly dont want it bigger (body and engine size) will go down to a 1.2 if its the right car and makes sense economically and from a practical point of view...tnks

Advertisement