Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Advice please guys ..Divorce No Representation

• 27-10-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys ,I wonder if I could ask for some advice from maybe someone who has been through what I am going through now .I was made insolvent in June , my exwife started divorce proceedings not long afterwards .I went looking for Legal aid but was refused as my disposable income was too high ,yet it was low enough for insolvency .So my only other option was DIY Divorce , but I was told by a lady from one of the DIY companies that because of what my Ex is looking for I'm going to need a solicitor , I can perhaps get a few hundred together to pay for a for some advice but not the thousands iv heard it costs from start to finish for a solicitor/ barrister .So my only option now that I can think of is to represent myself ....or has anyone any suggestions for me please,I would be very grateful if anyone has ...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What are relations like with your ex?. Is their any chance the two of ye could get in to mediation and sort out everything before going to court?. If you could do that the court process is pretty much a rubber stamp. Google mediation+ your area and you'll find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karaoke Heaven

No things are not good with her .looks like she has been told not to talk to me ..even though she tod me recently she doesn't want anything from me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

If you have assets that will need to be divided then I do think you need a solicitor.

My solicitor worked out a payment plan with me and I transfer an affordable weekly amount to her so by the time my JS is sorted she will be paid. I know if barristers have to be included it does up the price somewhat but shop around with solicitors.

Depending on your circumstances in a few months time you might qualify for FLA at that stage.

Advertisement