Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

TEAM NEWS: @HectorBellerin out with injury, Jeff Reine-Adelaide comes into squad #BAYvAFC

Well...

Ah holy Jesus.

Really?

For f*** sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah bollocks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

TEAM NEWS: @HectorBellerin out with injury, Jeff Reine-Adelaide comes into squad #BAYvAFC

Well...

Jeff was good the last time I saw him.

Wonder is Bellerin out due to hitting the post? Nasty knock wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Thats really dissapointing. Hopefully hes back for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Grrr its happening again isn't it:(

shano_88 wrote: »
    Thats really dissapointing. Hopefully hes back for the weekend.

At this rate, play the reserves tomorrow, and keep the rest for the weekend.

(I'm joking. But seriously worried.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger is obviously not taking risks with Bellerin.
    Can't see us winning away at Bayern anyway so I just want to get the squad back in one piece for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Why always us...Debuchy is gonna get the run around off Douglas Costa tomorrow. It won't be pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Bellerin got the runaround from Costa in the first half, Debuchy is much slower on the turn and tends to lunge in, can see that being an area of real concern tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It wasn't that long ago that Debuchy was a bloody good defender. Hopefully he can prove that he still is tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

People have really turned on Debuchy IMO.

He's been missing a run if games for a year now.

He might not come in and do great this week but I'd be confidant in him if the space opened up again due to injury.

As regards tomorrow, Costa have Bellerin a horrible time as mentioned. Be far more worried about Robben myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Why do people hate Cesc? He left to go to his boyhood club. His actual boyhood club, not like RVPs lies. It didn't work out, he decides to move back to London as he has family and friends there, We apparently have first dibs on him, we don't take him. We refused him, not the other way around.

I dont like seeing him in a Chelsea shirt, but he's a top class player, who wants to play for a good team and be close to his family/friends. He didnt have many other options really

He basically went on strike to force a move. The little rat and that lot he plays for are a match made in heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

emmetlego wrote: »
    ^^makes the most sense to me^^

efb, what reply earlier?

Paisley greets the queen! 😜

wawaman wrote: »
    He basically went on strike to force a move. The little rat and that lot he plays for are a match made in heaven

Henry did too

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    If you love football, you love Rosicky

Agent Rosicky! ;)

Agent Rosicky! ;)

He got us Cech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hard to see any way we're gonna get a result tomorrow night. Bellerín is gonna be a massive loss. Hopefully it's nothing serious and Wenger is just playing it safe.

He got us Cech

How much truth is in that, do we know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Paisley greets the queen! 😜

Bad evil man. But that's not for here!

Shame about Hector, let's be honest, chances of us getting anything away to these boys with a full squad, would be slim to none! Give Debuchy a run, might bring him on a bit! I'm not saying to treat this as a challenge match, but it's a write off game if I'm being honest with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Bad evil man. But that's not for here!

Shame about Hector, let's be honest, chances of us getting anything away to these boys with a full squad, would be slim to none! Give Debuchy a run, might bring him on a bit! I'm not saying to treat this as a challenge match, but it's a write off game if I'm being honest with myself!

Yeah I know what you mean but we have beaten them a few times in recent years so I think we have reason to be confident of getting something from the game. A draw would still leave us with a chance of getting 10 points from the group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why are our chances slim to none ???

with a full squad we could beat Bayern on there home ground , We've not lost on our last 2 trips there so why the fear, its not the nou camp where you have the ref against you aswell

If we got 1 point I'd be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is that prat Mike Dean a Spurs fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4

Is that not playing advantage signal???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fever Pitch just starting on TCM if anyone fancies seeing the greatest moment ever

I'm watching UCL simulcast in Russian lolz

Ive been very impressed with Rabiot for PSG tonight. Looks a really lively player. PSG should have battered them out the gate. Its a miracle scoreline.

salmocab wrote: »
    Fever Pitch just starting on TCM if anyone fancies seeing the greatest moment ever

Im buying remakes of the 1989 home and away shirt complete with logos in the next couple of weeks. I cant wait. :)

Oh to be a gooner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Im buying remakes of the 1989 home and away shirt complete with logos in the next couple of weeks. I cant wait. :)

Oh to be a gooner!

nice, the 79 away one is the business.

salmocab wrote: »
    nice, the 79 away one is the business.

Have the roundy neck 71 shirt which i got from Toffs with 11 on the back in tribute to a club legend Charlie George :)

The only issue i have with some of the 70s shirts is those wing collars :P Dodgy Dodgy
    Although the collars look slightly modified on the toffs version

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Oh to be a gooner!

Have the away one too. Number 4 on the back. It's a thing of beauty.

Got the famous remake of the 82 green shirt a while back....
    A Very very '80s shine' off the green when i got it :D Other than that i actually like the shirt itself.

Managed to also get the Euro 88 and Italia 90 Ireland shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Is that prat Mike Dean a Spurs fan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StRVqK7xgw4

Mike Dean is actually a tranmere season ticket holder. He is from the Wirral. I know a few lads who sit near him at Tranmere through work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Got the famous remake of the 82 green shirt a while back....
    A Very very '80s shine' off the green when i got it :D Other than that i actually like the shirt itself.

Me too. I actually like it and always gets a few second looks. Probably just cause it's so un Arsenal like.

Unfortunately a load of the lovely original tops I have going back to 85 are a tad bit small now! Won't even let the son at them for fear of instant disintegration.

Oh to be a gooner!

have the 91 one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Well...

I was starting to get worried recently with the amount of running Bellerin has been doing lately. SSN said at the start of 10 that they had good news for Arsenal. I was looking forward to hearing some news on Walcott or Chamberlain, but now I see this! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I was starting to get worried recently with the amount of running Bellerin has been doing lately. SSN said at the start of 10 that they had good news for Arsenal. I was looking forward to hearing some news on Walcott or Chamberlain, but now I see this! :mad:

Yeah what was that good news they were on about?

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Yeah what was that good news they were on about?

Still waiting lol. I'll inform you of it if it is important. Hopefully I didn't completely blank it when it was on!

Any minute now...

Still waiting lol. I'll inform you of it if it is important. Hopefully I didn't completely blank it when it was on!

Any minute now...

Oxlade Chamberlain may make a return against Tottenham this weekend.

Just realised choosing between Freddie and Olivier would be like Sophie's choice for me... Then again, why choose??? 😜😜😜😍

Christ, I'll be at a table quiz tomorrow night, miss the match!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Debuchy and Campbell for tomorrow then...not great really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Christ, I'll be at a table quiz tomorrow night, miss the match!!!

Might be better off. At 7/1 there can surely only be one outcome...and that's why I've backed Arsenal :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah we really need at least a draw in this match and a draw or a Zagreb win in the other match. If Olympiakos win, then realistically we won't qualify unless we win. It's going to be one tough match, just hope that we don't pick up any more injuries. I'm not overly confident as going to Munich would be tough for any team in the world! Going to go for a 1 all draw and a Dinamo Zagreb win in the other match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Yeah we really need at least a draw in this match and a draw or a Zagreb win in the other match. If Olympiakos win, then realistically we won't qualify unless we win. It's going to be one tough match, just hope that we don't pick up any more injuries. I'm not overly confident as going to Munich would be tough for any team in the world! Going to go for a 1 all draw and a Dinamo Zagreb win in the other match.

If we lose tonight and Olympiakos win which is worst, but most likely scenario then it is still in our hands if Bayern beat Olympiakos at home.
    They will want to win that too to make sure of winning the group.
    We would need to win by 2 in Greece though.

If we can manage to get a point tonight or Olympiakos drop points then we will still need to win the last two.

Then by some chance we win tonight we will still unfortunately most likely need to win the last 2 but it would be to top the group.

Sundays game is more crucial but obviously I still want to win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ronjo wrote: »
    If we lose tonight and Olympiakos win which is worst, but most likely scenario then it is still in our hands if Bayern beat Olympiakos at home.
    They will want to win that too to make sure of winning the group.
    We would need to win by 2 in Greece though.

If we can manage to get a point tonight or Olympiakos drop points then we will still need to win the last two.

Then by some chance we win tonight we will still unfortunately most likely need to win the last 2 but it would be to top the group.

Sundays game is more crucial but obviously I still want to win tonight.

So we need to win the last 2 then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I didn't realise that Bayern were playing Olympiakos at home on match day 5. Should mean that they will go out to win that. Was worried that it would have been the last match day and that Bayern wouldn't need a win to top or qualify, makes me fancy our chances of qualifying a bit more. We should be able to beat Olympiakos and Zagreb to qualify and if we don't, then we don't deserve to qualify .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

L'prof wrote: »
    Might be better off. At 7/1 there can surely only be one outcome...and that's why I've backed Arsenal :p

7/1?! I know we'll probably lose but that's insulting...now do I follow suit and throw a few quid on it also? ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement