Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

:pac::pac::pac:
    For all the crap we give Wenger etc- at least he knows all the players names.

LVG - "Yes i think it is the case David De Gea saved us, Micheal Smalling also saved us!"

Hahaha- what a player that Michael Smalling lad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

WTF??

Benzema arrested and in custody in relation to a sex tape blackmailing charge with a fellow French international???

#wengerknowsbest

@pkelso: AFP & Reuters report Karim Benzema arrested in connection with Mathieu Valbuena alleged sex-tape blackmail investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

emmetlego wrote: »
    WTF??

Benzema arrested and in custody in relation to a sex tape blackmailing charge with a fellow French international???

#wengerknowsbest

@pkelso: AFP & Reuters report Karim Benzema arrested in connection with Mathieu Valbuena alleged sex-tape blackmail investigation
    lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

WTF??

#wengerknowsbest

Pretty sure that they're arresting every French footballer over this tape, think he's the third now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

WTF??

#wengerknowsbest

Doesn't really mean much.
    This was planned for a while and it seems Benzema was trying to help Valbuena. http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2015/10/19/karim-benzema-police-affaire-sextape-valbuena_n_8329114.html?utm_hp_ref=france

Cisse was also taken into custody because he helped Valbuena by telling him who was blackmailing him. Anyone with any involvement to the case will get brought in. Even if you weren't doing anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Very quiet in here today - considering there is a match tonight.
    Whatever happens tonight its not the end of the world.
    So with that in mind, I am going for a 2-2 draw! Cech to make some great saves, and Grioud and Ozil to score!

Can't see anything but a win for BM sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Table quiz cancelled!!! RTE2 ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't see anything but a win for BM sadly

If I could choose only one win in the next two matches it would be next Sunday';s match.
    We can't win the CL but we could win the EPL if we escape more injuries and get players back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

If I could choose only one win in the next two matches it would be next Sunday';s match.
    We can't win the CL but we could win the EPL if we escape more injuries and get players back.

I'd agree with that. This team have a habit in recent years of needing a really bad result to put a string of victories / consistent performances together. I'm hoping the Sheffield Wednesday game does for another month or two!

Even a draw on Sunday would be alright. After the international break, it's West Brom (A), Norwich (A), Sunderland (H), Aston Villa (A). Is it reasonable to expect 10 points from 12 from those, before Man City (H) and Southampton (A)?

A home game against Bournemouth is the half-way point of the season. Get to 2016 within 2-3 points of City and then the title race is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Dunno how I feel about Europe. Not bothered if we go out but we will end up in Europa.

With injuries mounting up be good if we only had the league to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No Koscielny tonight. Gabriel is an able deputy but we are really getting down to the bare bones

Still a decent enough team, and we have The Jeff on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Dunno how I feel about Europe. Not bothered if we go out but we will end up in Europa.

With injuries mounting up be good if we only had the league to worry about.

If we are to go out at the group stage then Id prefer we miss out on the Europa league, hasnt helped any of the english clubs in the last few years and I would rather concentrate on the league which is within reach this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Basil3 wrote: »
    Still a decent enough team, and we have The Jeff on the bench.

Yeah, really hope you do it tonight! But Bayern were brilliant the last night. Bah!

• Advertisement

He's recovering mate, cheer up!

Very true. Alan Mcdonald the former QPR player got no such warning a few years back

Jesus lads their dropping like flies again.

Its very frustrating. Just one season free from injury crisis please.

Ronnie Whelan annoying me before the game even began

My only comment is these seem to be precautionary removal from active duty. Maybe this is Forsythe trying to prevent the long term stuff? Specualtion, but probable!

Anyway, enjoy the game lads and ladies. COYG

wonga77 wrote: »

Go to BT sport and listen to frickin Hargreaves, brutal as Owen.... Might mute and BBC radio 5 live? :-)

Arsenal commentary on the app!!!

• Advertisement

What the fook was Gabriel at.

wonga77 wrote: »

Read Perry Groves book and the 'Anfield' chapter and you will see the type of spiteful idiot Whelan is.

Ah for Fúck sake Mert! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Weakened side losing away to Bayern, not surprised and not gonna read into it. Come on Zagreb

AdamD wrote: »
    Weakened side losing away to Bayern, not surprised and not gonna read into it. Come on Zagreb

My thoughts exactly about 5 hours before kick off, and I got Poo-poo'd for it. I'm usually the hopeful one!!!

• Advertisement

Gabriel is useless, Campbell is jogging, Giroud is in his don't-do-the-simple-thing moods and the rest don't look bothered. Really dire stuff, need Zagreb to keep doing us a favour.

AdamD wrote: »

Ah still though id hope for a bit more courage and effort. Mert is finished. That lack of effort from a supposed leader of the team is absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Will the last Arsenal defender please turn out the lights....they may as well have gone home, no co ordination between them, this could be a rout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't see a lack of effort anywhere. Gabriel is useless? Reactionary ****e.

We were never going to threaten them unless we had pace up top, and for all OG is, he's not pacy. That's why when Theo was out, we stood no chance! i hope AW rests the likes of Santo, Mesut etc somewhere into the 2nd half.

Gabriel is useless, Campbell is jogging, Giroud is in his don't-do-the-simple-thing moods and the rest don't look bothered. Really dire stuff, need Zagreb to keep doing us a favour.

Its a bit like the time Mike Bassett needed Luxembourg to do them a favour and they strangely obliged :pac:

At this rate though we dont deserve to be in this competition. Its as pathetic a performance as ive ever seen and we've seen quite a few the last few years.

Campbell out of his depth alongside Debuchy. Mert is stuck to the ground. He's finished tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can you honestly see Arsenal doing anything in this competition, really?
    We are lightyears away from what it takes to win the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ah still though id hope for a bit more courage and effort. Mert is finished. That lack of effort from a supposed leader of the team is absolutely shocking.

That's just wrong. Mert is just the easy target, he's far from our worst player.

Disappointed with the score and the ease of the goals but even at full strength it's s tough place to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Disappointed with the score and the ease of the goals but even at full strength it's s tough place to go
    It's a tough place to go, made all the tougher by us being beaten to every ball, which is mostly down to lack of "give-a-fúck".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Zagreb one up at least.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's just wrong. Mert is just the easy target, he's far from our worst player.

Oh there is a few poor performers ill agree and Sanchez is one of them tbh. That 'attempt' to block the shot was beyond pathetic though. No reaction to the danger, no movement whatsoever.

Last thing we needed was this match with the run we are on in the league.

Hopefully doesn't damage the confidence we had built up.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Last thing we needed was this match with the run we are on in the league.

Hopefully doesn't damage the confidence we had built up.

I wonder do some of them even give a shíte tonight tbh.

and that is that.:(

Good night and God bless!

Take the main men off now Wenger please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

embarrassing stuff tonight.. hopefully zagrb win and we can put this behind us

Good night and God bless!

Take the main men off now Wenger please

We couldnt do any worse. Shameful performance .

Id prefer to finish bottom then 3rd in this group tbh. That Europa league is the last thing we need unless we are planning on giving the Carling cup team a run out.

Can we just forget about Europe from now on. We ain't gonna win it.

Should just focus on the league free from distractions.

Can you honestly see Arsenal doing anything in this competition, really?
    We are lightyears away from what it takes to win the CL.

Agreed

• Advertisement

No English side gonna be in Semis tbf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement