Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's a tough place to go, made all the tougher by us being beaten to every ball, which is mostly down to lack of "give-a-fúck".

Agree. To be fair, these are the best team in Europe at the moment, we are very depleted. We are playing them away where they have been winning 3-0 4-0 5-0 all season. What did you expect? And the lack of G-A-F comment is just churlish and serves no purpose!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can we just forget about Europe from now on. We ain't gonna win it.

Should just focus on the league free from distractions.

Shame to give such a limp performance after such jubilation the last night though. In truth we havent the squad to make an assault on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I just hope this doesnt get any worse, fair enough we are missing a few but we could really do without a hiding, strange thing is I dont even think Bayern are at full pelt. Hard for Giroud to do anything on his own, the biggest issue for me is the lack of pressing from our midfield up, its putting a crazy amount of pressure on our defence which looks shaky as it is.
    We could badly do with a couple of movements where we hold onto the ball and try pass it about instead of giving it back so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Really poor half from us, started off well and was a pity that our goal was disallowed by the behind the goal ref. Defending was dire for all 3 goals. Just want this match finished and done with, without damaging morale. It's amazing that we can still qualify after losing 3 of 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Well you can't go to Bayern and with all the injuries we got and play them at their own game. We were asking for a whipping and that's what we're getting. Without Kos in the back, Mert's weaknesses are shown up. Poor Debuchy is having a horror show. Campbell, you get away with him in the PL but not in a big CL game. Ozil and Cech are the only ones trying.

I take off Ozil, Alexis and Giroud and just go defensive and hope they got score more.

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agree. To be fair, these are the best team in Europe at the moment, we are very depleted. We are playing them away where they have been winning 3-0 4-0 5-0 all season. What did you expect? And the lack of G-A-F comment is just churlish and serves no purpose!

The majority of this team with the exception of Campbell, Debuchy and Gabriel are normally first choice players

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well you can't go to Bayern and with all the injuries we got and play them at their own game. We were asking for a whipping and that's what we're getting. Without Kos in the back, Mert's weaknesses are shown up. Poor Debuchy is having a horror show. Campbell, you get away with him in the PL but not in a big CL game. Ozil and Cech are the only ones trying.

I take off Ozil, Alexis and Giroud and just go defensive and hope they got score more.

That's the problem. We can't even go defensive and hit them on the break, because we're missing our best defenders and our pace men to hit them on the break.

Campbell just pains me to watch, he just looks so sluggish.

Basil3 wrote: »
    That the problem. We can't even go defensive and hit them on the break, because we're missing our best defenders and our pace men to hit them on the break.

Yeah Campbell has a really strange looking run, looks like a guy who has ran 20 miles already

Can you honestly see Arsenal doing anything in this competition, really?
    We are lightyears away from what it takes to win the CL.

Agreed, it's good enough to win the PL but we are a good bit away from the CL.

But we have to look at the fact we are missing four to five first teamers, I'm not saying we would have not lost tonight even with them but we could have given a better shown of ourselves.

But even better teams then us would have gone then and would have been put to the sword as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

wonga77 wrote: »
    The majority of this team with the exception of Campbell, Debuchy and Gabriel are normally first choice players

Yeah and when city are missing 3 top players they fall apart and people dont give them a hard time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hey better to finish 4th and concentrate on the league - we'll always have that Bayern win

That's the problem. We can't even go defensive and hit them on the break, because we're missing our best defenders and our pace men to hit them on the break.

We are a missing a few players and it's really shown tonight sadly. We can get away with it in the PL but not agaisn't teams like Munich.

I think Campbell isn't up to this level, we can get away with him in the PL for a few games but not tonight. He's leaving poor Debuchy to be murdered out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I don't really get the injuries excuse, with the exception of Walcott & Ramsay, we pretty much have the squad that plays every week ? What I'm seeing here is a lack of desire, sorry but some of the players just haven't turned up today and that need to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yeah and when city are missing 3 top players they fall apart and people dont give them a hard time.

That didn't stop the winning well last night

I dont give a tupennies fcuk about Man City or anyone else, Our starting 11 is strong enough, we have nothing on the bench granted but apart from Cech and maybe Ozil, the rest look very poor, we'll have to go very defensive and just hope we dont concede another 3 or 4

Andip wrote: »
    I don't really get the injuries excuse, with the exception of Walcott & Ramsay, we pretty much have the squad that plays every week ? What I'm seeing here is a lack of desire, sorry but some of the players just haven't turned up today and that need to be addressed.

Bellerin and Kos as well so four first teamers. It's no excuse but you can't go there without a full team. It's not a lack of desire but not doing what we did in the first game and that's defending and hitting them on the break. We are going head to head with them which is crazy.

Em and kos and bellerin.

Bellerin? Koscielny? Ox is even ahead of Campbell! Seriously, if you're going to troll, at least make an effort to make it believable!

I dont give a tupennies fcuk about Man City or anyone else, Our starting 11 is strong enough, we have nothing on the bench granted but apart from Cech and maybe Ozil, the rest look very poor, we'll have to go very defensive and just hope we dont concede another 3 or 4

Whast does it matter now???

We did beat them 2 weeks ago.

Lets not forget that.

• Advertisement

To be fair Sevilla ain't Bayern though. Totally different teams.

who were they playing again?? Barca PSG Madrid???

efb wrote: »
    Whast does it matter now???

Are you serious? What does it matter now??? Maybe I would prefer to see my team not lose 6 or 7 nil. I dont care what competition it is or what team we have out, I always want to win or at the very least go down fighting. I wouldnt be able to ignore a heavy defeat or be as flippant about it as you seem (regardless of injuries or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

We're so slow out there tonight! I can see us conceding a few more unfortunately

Are you serious? What does it matter now??? Maybe I would prefer to see my team not lose 6 or 7 nil. I dont care what competition it is or what team we have out, I always want to win or at the very least go down fighting. I wouldnt be able to ignore a heavy defeat or be as flippant about it as you seem

I know when to cut my losses and move on. Derby at weekend more important

Again, I said it about 8 hours ago, we had no hope in this without pace up top. When you lose regular attackers like Theo or Ox who provide that in spades, we were always going to struggle. While it's disappointing, it's hardly worth wailing and screaming over. This was always on the cards.

As is my way. Positives from this... A cockyness check ahead of Spurs. A great game to bring Debuchy up to pace. I'll "make up some more" when I think of them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Bellerin? Koscielny? Ox is even ahead of Campbell! Seriously, if you're going to troll, at least make an effort to make it believable!

If Gabriel and debuchy can't step in and do a solid job then we've absolutely no chance of winning the league because there's zero chance that our 1st choice back 4 will remain injury free until the end of the season.

Campbell for ox isn't exactly end of the world stuff either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Don't accuse me of trolling, I've been a boards mod for many many years and first stood on the Highbury terraces in the early 70's when Bertie Mee was manager. I call as I see, it's a shambles

Was just gonna say that Robben coming in and he will take looking after and he scores with his first touch.
    Sad to say but id gladly take the 4 - 0 defeat now and hope it doesnt get any worse

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    If Gabriel and debuchy can't step in and do a solid job then we've absolutely no chance of winning the league because there's zero chance that our 1st choice back 4 will remain injury free until the end of the season.

Campbell for ox isn't exactly end of the world stuff either.

That's not what I was replying to. Please keep up!

Don't accuse me of trolling, I've been a boards mod for many many years and first stood on the Highbury terraces in the early 70's when Bertie Mee was manager. I call as I see, it's a shambles

Thanks for quoting your pedigree. You made a statement, and you were wrong.

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't see a lack of effort anywhere. Gabriel is useless? Reactionary ****e.

Read back, I'm being in no way reactionary.

Whatever Arsenals main objective is this season, tonights performance is utterly pathetic. There is just no excuse for this lack of effort. Many fans travelled to Germany tonight. A defeat fair enough, but a downing of tools is simply disgusting.

*Logs out*

Rinse and repeat over-reactionism YET AGAIN!!!

Good night!

Read back, I'm being in no way reactionary.

You were born for nights like this :p

• Advertisement

*Logs out*

Good night!

OK so.. its magnificent, the team are magnificent, the attitude is magnificent....they died in their boots tonight. Hooray we're great!

That's not what I was replying to. Please keep up!

I just replied to what you stated, that's all. No need for the sarcastic "keep up" stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads Bayern are on fire tonight it was never going to be easy but they have come out with a point to prove and with an unsettled defence tonight it was never going to be easy, We're better off out of the champions league with the squad the way it is at the moment aswell

Obviously players can step in and deputise for injurys just not a load at once it unbalances the team its not the end of the world jesus relax

What's the most goals Cech has ever conceded in a match?

Anyone who isn't disgusted with what's been served up tonight can't be taken seriously. We are the only big club this happens with on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

*Logs out*

Good night!
    What is the reaction you wanted after being hammered 4-0 after 55 minutes when our players yet again look like they don't care?

• Advertisement

Died with their boots on is a nice working class story to cheer a grieving mother after losing her son in a futile war

Doesn't mean anything to me

That navy jersey needs to go in the bin its draining our powers i tells ye! :D

You were born for nights like this :p

Just sick I don't bet on Arsenal matches, Bayern -2 looked good. Zagreb were 17/10 +1 as well but I hadn't the balls.

Died with their boots on is a nice working class story to cheer a grieving mother after losing her son in a futile war

What are you on about EFB ??!!

Whatever the hell are you on about???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

BOOM! Good man Giroud

Get in Giroud!!!

Tell that to Olly G! The comeback is on. Plenty of time for three more :D

4-3 on aggregate:)

Some goal in fairness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement