Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If ye want dogged determination with low skill level support Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

efb wrote: »
    Do you think we should have won last night??

Its not the result its the manner of the defeat. That should never be accepted at Arsenal but it has happened far too often over the years.

What alternative reality do you live in? You do realize that's league winning form?
    Since January this year:

Koscienly clean sheets 18/36 = 50%
    Mertescaker clean sheets 15/34 = 44%
    Gabriel clean sheets 6/17 = 35%

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its not the result its the manner of the defeat. That should never be accepted at Arsenal but it has happened far too often over the years.

We lost 5-1 away to Bayern - not the end of the world

6 nil at Chelsea.
    6 - 3 at City.
    5 - 1 at Pool.
    4 - 4 at Newcastle after being 4 up.

Often enough.
    Last night was our worst in the CL.
    8-2.

8-2.

That was like 4 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

0-6 Derby County 1899

symbolic wrote: »
    0-6 Derby County 1899

We should never Forget

Were you at the match Tayto???

We got rammed!!! 🐑 😜

Since Gabriel signed:
    Gabriel/Koscielny: 4/13 clean sheets, 30%
    Gabriel/Mertesacker: 1/3 cleans sheets, 33% (:pac:).

Since Gabriel signed:
    Gabriel/Koscielny: 4/13 clean sheets, 30%
    Gabriel/Mertesacker: 1/3 cleans sheets, 33% (:pac:).

Goals conceded??

• Advertisement

I honestly cant believe some of the comments I am reading. Some nearly even justifying last nights massacre. I'm disgusted by yet another tame, gutless display by these players.
    It's basically this:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Skill and determination famously being completely mutually exclusive.:rolleyes:

That was like 4 years ago
    And it just keeps right on happening.

Goals conceded??

Jesus, I get my laptop working for one afternoon and yous have me tortured. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Honestly not that fussed about the match last night. When you consider the players we were missing and Bayern home record it really shouldn't be a shock we lost by a wide margin. Before the match started i messaged a mate saying we'd lose 3-1.

Playing counter football with Giroud up top will always be a tough task. Defensively we were poor but i feel a lot of that was down to having no outlet out wide or up front. In our last game with Bayern we had Theo's pace which tested the Bayern defence and forced them back which then allowed us time to breath.

We were outclassed so no point trying to scapegoat individual players. The score is a bit harsh though.. We should have scored 3 goals with the chances we had.

Overall i'm interested in competitions that we can actually win.

... Like the league
    ... Which we're joint top of.
    ... :)

Are you trying to say we have a high skill level? We were absolutely murdered last night, it was a stroll in the park for Bayern. That was a high skill level. We can only dream of playing like that on a consistent basis. It was men against boys last night. Luckily we are up against an average Spurs side on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

jesus lads, 5 pages in 2 hours!!! I thought that something happened!!!

Are you trying to say we have a high skill level? We were absolutely murdered last night, it was a stroll in the park for Bayern. That was a high skill level. We can only dream of playing like that on a consistent basis. It was men against boys last night. Luckily we are up against an average Spurs side on Sunday.

We have a high skills in the BPL if not the highest IMHO

They are a class above

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Honestly not that fussed about the match last night. When you consider the players we were missing and Bayern home record it really shouldn't be a shock we lost by a wide margin. Before the match started i messaged a mate saying we'd lose 3-1.

Playing counter football with Giroud up top will always be a tough task. Defensively we were poor but i feel a lot of that was down to having no outlet out wide or up front. In our last game with Bayern we had Theo's pace which tested the Bayern defence and forced them back which then allowed us time to breath.

We were outclassed so no point trying to scapegoat individual players. The score is a bit harsh though.. We should have scored 3 goals with the chances we had.

Overall i'm interested in competitions that we can actually win.

... Like the league
    ... Which we're joint top of.
    ... :)
    Can I get an Amen!!!

Irish Aris wrote: »
    jesus lads, 5 pages in 2 hours!!! I thought that something happened!!!

We lost its bitch fight central!!!

You SLAG!!!

• Advertisement

Goals conceded:
    Gabriel: 19 in 17 - 1.11 per game
    Koscielny: 30 in 36 - 0.83 per game
    Mertesacker: 32 in 35 - 0.91 per game. (Was 0.79 til last night :P)

We have a high skills in the BPL if not the highest IMHO

I don't think so. I hope I am wrong but I cant see this team winning a Prem Lge even as poor as it is this season. Its only a matter of time before we go through our yearly implosion.

I don't think so. I hope I am wrong but I cant see this team winning a Prem Lge even as poor as it is this season. Its only a matter of time before we go through our yearly implosion.

Whether we win it or not we are the most skillful team

It's basically this:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif

Skill and determination famously being completely mutually exclusive.:rolleyes:

And it just keeps right on happening.

We've lost 8-2 since???

The joys of not having a job so I can set the record for the most posts in a thread lol

We've lost 8-2 since???

Yes. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yikes

367680.png

Yes. :rolleyes:

So you are talking nonsense then

They are a class above

Because they invest in there team, bring in only the top players and have a coach who can motivate, and bring out the best in his players at the highest level. You seem to accept our short comings time and time again, do these heavy defeats not hurt you or frustrate you? Do you think its right that our fans are paying over the odds for tickets while the club fail to invest in the team?

Goals conceded:
    Gabriel: 19 in 17 - 1.11 per game
    Koscielny: 30 in 36 - 0.83 per game
    Mertesacker: 32 in 35 - 0.91 per game. (Was 0.79 til last night :P)

You need to look deeper into who they were playing, who was also in our squad at the time. I don't think Gabriel has a big enough sample size yet.

Also realise you're using stats to bash him, when stats is what brought him to us in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

efb, why dont you just start your own thread and keep it all in there, cause you seem to enjoy hijacking this one with countless posts. The stuff worth reading is being lost in the middle of your nonsense

• Advertisement

Yikes

Get a job :p

Because they invest in there team, bring in only the top players and have a coach who can motivate, and bring out the best in his players at the highest level. You seem to accept our short comings time and time again, do these heavy defeats not hurt you or frustrate you? Do you think its right that our fans are paying over the odds for tickets while the club fail to invest in the team?

We could be Spurs, Liverpool, Villa, Everton

Basil3 wrote: »
    Get a job :p

Technically I have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

wonga77 wrote: »
    efb, why dont you just start your own thread and keep it all in there, cause you seem to enjoy hijacking this one with countless posts. The stuff worth reading is being lost in the middle of your nonsense

All praise Wonga77

I agree, the premier league has been a poor standard though the last few years, you couldnt really call any of the recent winners outstanding, though that could also be attributed to the lower sides getting stronger each season

I'm as entitled to post here as anyone else. Is the anti-efb undercurrent returning?

Whether we win it or not we are the most skillful team

In a poor league. Against the big European clubs we are an average side. 2 or 3 top players carrying too many average ones, and when they don't perform the team doesn't.

I agree, the premier league has been a poor standard though the last few years, you couldnt really call any of the recent winners outstanding, though that could also be attributed to the lower sides getting stronger each season

The quality has greatly diminished the best players don't play in England Germany has passed England out, Italy could even go ahead

In a poor league. Against the big European clubs we are an average side. 2 or 3 top players carrying too many average ones, and when they don't perform the team doesn't.

I agree entirely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm as entitled to post here as anyone else. Is the anti-efb undercurrent returning?[/QUOTE]

You are not that important. Just another poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Bayern were playing some 19 year old who they have taken on loan from Juventus.. K. Coman..French and all ... i thought that was interesting .. French

Never thought Id see the day when Sheff , Zagreb and Olympiacos would be classed as the big european clubs

Other than ticket prices, corporate members and the price of a burger.. theres not been much progression at the emirates particularily on the pitch in recent years.

I'm as entitled to post here as anyone else. Is the anti-efb undercurrent returning?[/QUOTE]

You are not that important. Just another poster.

The personal attacks seem to think so. I don't think I'm better than anyone else

So you are talking nonsense then
    Tayto was listing embarrassments, I mentioned one he'd left out.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    You need to look deeper into who they were playing, who was also in our squad at the time. I don't think Gabriel has a big enough sample size yet.
    Have at it.
    Also realise you're using stats to bash him, when stats is what brought him to us in the first place.
    What stats?

It would help your case If you didn't double and triple post every 2 minutes, just multi quote, also doesn't help that most of your posts are two words long mate

I'm not your mate. How many 2 word posts have I? I use mobile site- no multi quote

The worrying thing is that the Ozil, Sanchez and Koscielny will be looking at that game last night and saying to themselves they'll never win a champions league trophy with Arsenal any time soon. If they do leave the last 4 seasons of building this side is gone out the window, so then the cycle starts again of buying 1 world class player each season.

I don't want to sound too critical as I know we have plenty of injuries but its the manner of these defeats that hurt. Its like when we go a goal down that the players don't have the belief that they can turn it around, especially in big European games.

I'm not your mate. How many 2 word posts have I? I use mobile site- no multi quote

Oooh you are awful ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008tv30

Bayern were playing some 19 year old who they have taken on loan from Juventus.. K. Coman..French and all ... i thought that was interesting .. French

Never thought Id see the day when Sheff , Zagreb and Olympiacos would be classed as the big european clubs

Other than ticket prices, corporate members and the price of a burger.. theres not been much progression at the emirates particularily on the pitch in recent years.

Had never heard of Coman before, nor did I ever hear of Bayern loaning in players, thought they prided themselves on young talent. He had some nice touches, looked nervous early on. What a replacement in Robben though!

The worrying thing is that the Ozil, Sanchez and Koscielny will be looking at that game last night and saying to themselves they'll never win a champions league trophy with Arsenal any time soon. If they do leave the last 4 seasons of building this side is gone out the window, so then the cycle starts again of buying 1 world class player each season.

I don't want to sound too critical as I know we have plenty of injuries but its the manner of these defeats that hurt. Its like when we go a goal down that the players don't have the belief that they can turn it around, especially in big European games.

It's also the training methods for defenders or the lack of them.

I don't have any friends from boards.ie this is a fact

• Advertisement

Here's a list:
    2015 5-1 Munich
    2015 3-1 Monaco
    2014 5-1 Liverpool
    2014 6-0 Chelsea
    2013 6-3 City
    2012 4-0 v Milan
    2011 8-2 United

Just had a quick look and even Dortmund last year conceded 3 only once in the league despite it being a terrible season for them. Find a club with any kind of respect or pretensions on titles who have had ridiculous results like we have over the last few years. Please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement