Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Worrying its only October and injuries already getting big.

Just want one season free from it. Ugh.

It's still summer though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

When will we have word on Theo and Ox do you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Roaster wrote: »
    The one thing I got out of tonight is Debuchy couldn't give a toss. Flamini wasn't far behind either. You look at that back four and there's two England internationals, a French international and a world cup winner there. Now I know they don't play together each week but we couldn't even do the basics last night. The first two goals were bad but the third just took the biscuit. If I saw my 8 year old nephew leave someone totally unmarked like your man was for the third he'd be grounded for a month - SHOCKING DEFENDING and I think it was very wrong of Wenger to say that the young players aren't up to it. His experienced players let him down big time last night.

I think he knows he will need his experienced players so he didn't knock them too much

Debuchy is really after throwing in the towel since he lost his place it's very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Basil3 wrote: »
    Has it come out that the ox was struggling with his hammy before that match? He always does a few hamstring stretches before coming in to the pitch, but last night he was doing some crazy single-leg deadlifts in the centre circle right before kick-off. Struck me as pretty strange.

How did this get past our medical team?

Even if he said he was ok they usually do range of motion tests to see how tight the players are

Strange he was let play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I went to see James Bond last night, did I miss anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I went to see James Bond last night, did I miss anything?

How is it? :D

Can someone change the thread title?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How is it? :D

Thought the last one was a lot better!

• Advertisement

Thanks whoever fixed it!

Is he semi naked a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

My review of the Arsenal game is the same.

symbolic wrote: »
    My review of the Arsenal game is the same.

Boom boom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

efb wrote: »
    Thanks whoever fixed it!

Mickeroo deleted my seasonal faux pas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

what happened to arsenal last night? shambolic!

• Advertisement

what happened to arsenal last night? shambolic!

A competition we cared little for, nyeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Really thought last night was a chance for Campbell to shine.

He's the obvious replacement for Ox and, considering the clamour for him to get more game time last season before he went on loan to Villareal, it's worrying how ill-prepared he seems for a run in the first-team.

Before the start of the season, I wouldn't have thought either himself or Ox would get a sustained run in the team and now that opportunity's there, it's a shame neither looks ready to really grasp it.

I'd agree last night was down to the first-teamers, but Arsenal are using the u21s for the u18s this year and so have a lot of players on loan.

Crowley, Hayden, Zelalem, Akpom, Toral, Wellington, Sanogo, Maitland-Niles (and Gnabry) all would have been a cut above the younger players used and on the bench last night.

Having said that, Bielik looked more composed than Kamara and Iwobi definitely has a bit about him (even if he didn't really show it last night). Even Chris Willock and Steph Mavididi might have made the bench ahead of Bennacer last night if they hadn't been away recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

A competition we cared little for, nyeh

Didn't get to see it, don't really care all that much, fair play to Wednesday all the same. Only thing I care about is 2 poxy injuries to first team players! :mad: Any word on how long we are gonna be missing them yet?

Didn't get to see it, don't really care all that much, fair play to Wednesday all the same. Only thing I care about is 2 poxy injuries to first team players! :mad: Any word on how long we are gonna be missing them yet?

Is Ox a first team player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Is Ox a first team player?

He is when Walcott is injured :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Thought Belik looked good too when he came on. Yes he got caught a few times on the ball but that was more down to nobody available to give the ball too.

Yeah the injuries are by far the worst thing about last night, same old sameold. Hopefully it's true they'll both be back in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Seems Crowley has returned early from Barnsley loan. Considering he's played 13 out of their last 18 I don't think it's down to his form. Must be a recall to cover for injuries as he's very highly thought of at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Roaster wrote: »
    Seems Crowley has returned early from Barnsley loan. Considering he's played 13 out of their last 18 I don't think it's down to his form. Must be a recall to cover for injuries as he's very highly thought of at the club.

Under performing supposedly. Find it very hard to believe though. i see glowing reports about him every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Yeah the injuries are by far the worst thing about last night, same old sameold. Hopefully it's true they'll both be back in 2 weeks.

As per usual we are top of the Prem Lge injury list along with Newcastle with 8 injuries.

Arsenal 8

T Walcott Muscular Injury no date
    A Oxlade-Chamberlain Muscular Injury no date
    M Arteta Ankle/Foot Injury no date
    A Ramsey Hamstring Injury 4 weeks
    D Ospina Shoulder Injury 4 weeks
    J Wilshere Calf/Shin Injury 7 weeks
    T Rosicky Knee Injury 2 months
    D Welbeck Knee Injury 3 months

This cant be just a coincidence. Seems to happen every season.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    As per usual we are top of the Prem Lge injury list along with Newcastle with 8 injuries.

Arsenal 8

T Walcott Muscular Injury no date
    A Oxlade-Chamberlain Muscular Injury no date
    M Arteta Ankle/Foot Injury no date
    A Ramsey Hamstring Injury 4 weeks
    D Ospina Shoulder Injury 4 weeks
    J Wilshere Calf/Shin Injury 7 weeks
    T Rosicky Knee Injury 2 months
    D Welbeck Knee Injury 3 months

This cant be just a coincidence. Seems to happen every season.
    Mostly sicknotes, though we seem to have turned Welbeck into one. He's spent longer injured with us than in 4/5 years at United.

The manner of last night's injuries don't strike me as coincidental bad luck either. Two fast wingers pulling muscles within a couple of minutes, hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Much and all as I love Rosicky, it might be time to part company with him, he's as bad as Diaby, we dont ever seem to have him available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

wonga77 wrote: »
    Much and all as I love Rosicky, it might be time to part company with him, he's as bad as Diaby, we dont ever seem to have him available

Not as bad as diaby but quickly heading that way, this should be his last season with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

New thread wow! well about last night's game personally i like that we are out of that competition but the manner we lost i'm not happy about it.

Losing 2 first team players is a massive blow i just hope they were subbed due to precaution. Main focus should be the EPL. also just in

we recalled crowley today.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/10/report-crowley-returns-early-from-barnsley-loan/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wonga77 wrote: »

100% agree love the guy but we are a top team and he takes up a place in the squad every season but is rarely fit, but I cant stress how good a player he is when fit.

Our injury list always consists of Theo, Wilshire, Ramsey and Ox not always together but always contains them. I think it has to be looked at.

I think one of Ox/Wilshire needs to go or Wenger needs to be willing to increase the squad size and deal with the problem of them all being fit.

Us being top of the table of injuries is not new. In addition I really think two players getting muscle injuries within a couple of minutes of playing last night is not a coincidence.

We need to get to Nov 8th without losing players and hopefully have 2/3 back by the next game on the 21st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

He is when Walcott is injured :p

no girud is mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

5star02707 wrote: »
    New thread wow! well about last night's game personally i like that we are out of that competition but the manner we lost i'm not happy about it.

Losing 2 first team players is a massive blow i just hope they were subbed due to precaution. Main focus should be the EPL. also just in

we recalled crowley today.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/10/report-crowley-returns-early-from-barnsley-loan/

It says his spell was cut short by the League 1 club as he failed to impress coaching staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have a poor chance of winning the league if we have to rely on any of the defenders we saw last night. I know it was only the League Cup but that defending was totally shambolic. We used to play second teams in this that nearly managed to win it on several occasions. Last night the defenders couldn't even set up properly to defend corners. I think Chambers was jumping with his eyes shut and Mert can't jump at all. The other two were as bad if not worse.

Now Mert might have been minding himself but if that's the case why was he played at all?
    The loss of Walcott and Ox leaves us threadbare for a month now.

Now Mert might have been minding himself

If thats true he should be shot with his own balls of ****e :pac:

Could you imagine warriors like Adams, Keown, Campbell going out to play a game and minding themselves. I dont think it was the case he went out to mind himself but it sure looked like it. He annoyed me so much last night, captain of the club should be leading by example and setting a good example to the youngsters coming into the team imo.

Could you imagine warriors like Adams, Keown, Campbell going out to play a game and minding themselves. I dont think it was the case he went out to mind himself but it sure looked like it. He annoyed me so much last night, captain of the club should be leading by example and setting a good example to the youngsters coming into the team imo.

Totally agree but no "hairdryer" treatment for any of our under-performing players it seems. They are usually selected for the next game.
    That was the same kind of defending that we witnessed in the first two CL games so it's not new.

Totally agree but no "hairdryer" treatment for any of our under-performing players it seems. They are usually selected for the next game.
    That was the same kind of defending that we witnessed in the first two CL games so it's not new.

I think you need to take a step back on last nights defending a little, dont get me wrong it was piss poor. However it was not our starting 4, our starting 4 and Mert have been excellent this season. As a unit they were awful last night but they had zero protection or cover from a midfield that included 3 academy players and Flamini and Campbell.

You can be certain that Mert will be much better in there with the normal first team, Gibbs can do a job and is as good a 2nd choice LB as you can get.

Debuchy has been really poor since injury, not getting a run of games hasnt helped and he seems to have lost pace, if it was me I would sell him on and bring Jenks back.

Chambers for me needs a loan spell, he had only broke the Saints first team when we bought him, he could really do with a loan to a lower Prem side.

So while it was poor last night defensively in the league we have been very good and we look much more solid that years gone by

Soups123 wrote: »
    I think you need to take a step back on last nights defending a little, dont get me wrong it was piss poor. However it was not our starting 4, our starting 4 and Mert have been excellent this season. As a unit they were awful last night but they had zero protection or cover from a midfield that included 3 academy players and Flamini and Campbell.

You can be certain that Mert will be much better in there with the normal first team, Gibbs can do a job and is as good a 2nd choice LB as you can get.

Debuchy has been really poor since injury, not getting a run of games hasnt helped and he seems to have lost pace, if it was me I would sell him on and bring Jenks back.

Chambers for me needs a loan spell, he had only broke the Saints first team when we bought him, he could really do with a loan to a lower Prem side.

So while it was poor last night defensively in the league we have been very good and we look much more solid that years gone by
    Hard to blame the midfield for the set-piece defending though. We've still looked vulnerable any time we try to play possession football as well, and I don't trust Wenger to admit to seeing that.

I know it's not our starting four but as i said any of those lads could be called in due to injuries.
    I don't care about the cup matches anyway but even if it was in the training ground that kind of defending on basic stuff is not good enough. Some of them weren't even facing the ball to attack it from corners and that's what is bugging me. I know it was an experimental side but that back four have played together several times before. They are poor back-up players.

I have the solution.

Sack Bould! :-)

• Advertisement

Hard to blame the midfield for the set-piece defending though. We've still looked vulnerable any time we try to play possession football as well, and I don't trust Wenger to admit to seeing that.

I would disgree, for goal number 2 they had spare men and space behind the goal scorer, for the 3rd goal the left sided midfield should have been marking the lad who knocked it back in.

I kinda agree about the possession football especially against better teams, we are much better suited sitting back then going on the break. For weaker teams they sit back so it more natural we should come and dominate.

In fairness to Arsene I think he has got his tactics spot on for a number of games this season.
    I know it's not our starting four but as i said any of those lads could be called in due to injuries.
    I don't care about the cup matches anyway but even if it was in the training ground that kind of defending on basic stuff is not good enough. Some of them weren't even facing the ball to attack it from corners and that's what is bugging me. I know it was an experimental side but that back four have played together several times before. They are poor back-up players.

Mert is not a poor back up player, Chambers is not a poor back up player when you consider he is 4th choice CB, your not going to get much better for a 4th choice CB, he needs a loan if you ask me.

Debuchy I feel needs to move on, the two injuries and Bellerin's emergence has killed him.

Gibbs as a 2nd choice LB is as good as there is around, have a look at other teams around us they have no better.

I think Mert and Gibbs can slot in and perform to the level needed. The other two I would worry about

emmetlego wrote: »
    I have the solution.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I have the solution.

He's that **** you'd sack him twice? Harsh

He's that **** you'd sack him twice? Harsh

Hah, no idea how that happened! But yes, I'd sack him twice :-)

Injuries update on Sky Sports news there. Both Ox and Theo not available for this weekend at least, with a full update from Wenger at his press conf tomorrow.

I kinda agree about the possession football especially against better teams, we are much better suited sitting back then going on the break.

This should be the way we set up against Swansea on Saturday. Plenty of bodies behind the ball, stifle there play especially in our half and try and hit them on the break. Although that may be hard to do without Walcotts lightening pace.

For far too many times we have tried to go to Swansea and play them off the park and have left ourselves vulnerable to there counter attack. A win would be terriffic, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

At the start of the season some were saying the lack of signings is ok because we have someone new looking after our injury front and it seems to have worked because we had a fully fit squad in the summer.

Just seems nothing can help us at this stage. Will be the same as every season.

@bbcsport_david: Walcott (calf) & Ox (hamstring) expected to miss 3 games. Early indication TW slightly worse but both set to be out for #Swans #Bayern #THFC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/659407345932455937

Seems like Theo and Ox are going to miss a minimum of three games each, with Theo maybe worse.

This should be the way we set up against Swansea on Saturday. Plenty of bodies behind the ball, stifle there play especially in our half and try and hit them on the break. Although that may be hard to do without Walcotts lightening pace.

For far too many times we have tried to go to Swansea and play them off the park and have left ourselves vulnerable to there counter attack. A win would be terriffic, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Yeah be interesting to see what we go with. The right side could make the sit, soak and break uneffective.

They arent in great form themselves so we could go and try play them but they really do tend to get up for games against us. But on this occassion I think this is our best tact

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/659407345932455937

Seems like Theo and Ox are going to miss a minimum of three games each, with Theo maybe worse.

In Arsenal terms we wont see them until the Christmas period :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

In Arsenal terms we wont see them until the Christmas period :rolleyes:
    But which Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Cech
    Bellerin----Kosc----Gab
    Monreal

Art
    Coq

Caz
    Sanchez
    Ozil
    Giroud

Or would It just be better to play Campbell on the right? and keep Caz and Ozil centre with Sanchez Left?

He looks piss poor TBH

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement