Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SIMEONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Would arsenal fans want mourinho at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Id say the Emirates would be empty if he ever took over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No thanks! He can go and destroy united!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I'd rather shut the club down

At least Liverpool took points off City I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

As much as I want Wenger gone, never in a million years do I want that bollix anywhere near this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd never want Jose in charge of anything with the Arsenal name on it let alone the 1st team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

what nonsense has AW come out with tonight? Going on about our mental strength, how we gave absolutely everything etc. Yawn

Absolutely not. Im as frustrated as anyone for what is happening but I wouldnt let that gutter snipe into the stand. We still need to have some resemblence of dignity and principle. Id prefer the way things are even at the moment then him and thats saying something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Those players should be ashamed of themselves as should Wenger. Fans paying 1000s a season to watch this ****e while there earning or should i say robbing there millions. Makes me sick. Lowest point ever as an Arsenal fan I am ****ing livid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

what nonsense has AW come out with tonight? Going on about our mental strength, how we gave absolutely everything etc. Yawn

Anyone seen a post match interested to see what was said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Cech out for Saturday. Just said on bt sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    Anyone seen a post match interested to see what was said

"We played well, we were unlucky" Wenger.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Would anyone consider Ranieri for Wengers replacement?

- Not saying i would myself, just thinking out loud

Dont forget that Raneiri was Greece manager last year when they lost to the Faroe Islands although granted things didnt improve afterwards. He's a decent man and a good manager but im not sure he is our man.

For me a shortlist would consist of

Simeone
    Koeman
    Flores from Watford
    Former Chilean manager Sampaioli

to begin with. Simeone being first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Mourinho v Wenger head to head
    Played 12
    MOURINHO WON 7
    WENGER WON 0
    DRAWN 5

Id take him in a heartbeat over Wenger.

JonnyM wrote: »
    Cech out for Saturday. Just said on bt sport.

All the one. Super goalkeeper but Spurs are going to score regardless of who is in goal and score plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Didn't expect anything else. Of course he was going to say Özil was fouled in the build up to the goal, and that Swansea had two shots on target, and we hit the bar three times. His views are as predictable as his tactics. Winners don't make excuses when the other side plays the game

• Advertisement

Wasting your time with the new manager wish-list lads. Wenger going nowhere.

Is MOTD on tonight lads. Dying to hear Wengers take on that. He should really tear into the players and hang them out to dry. There a disgrace and so is he for putting so much faith in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Cech and kos could be out for Spurs game. Lee Dixon had enough damn why on earth are we in this form. 3 loss in a row

Did he really say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

it would have to be simeone to replace wenger. give him a decent transfer fund allow him to get rid of the deadwood and ive no doubt things would vastly improve.

the situation as is just cant be allowed continue. the fans will get more restless and what player worth their salt would want to come to a club that's happy with mediocrity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Cant face into motd tonight

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is MOTD on tonight lads. Dying to hear Wengers take on that. He should really tear into the players and hang them out to dry. There a disgrace and so is he for putting so much faith in them.

11.45. will be watching with much interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

wonga77 wrote: »
    Cant face into motd tonight

Tisn't on till 23:45 so I won't have to worry too much about it :rolleyes:

If we take points off Spurs it's more for Leicester's benefit than ours. :pac:

• Advertisement

Sky's player ratings for Arsenal -

Arsenal: Cech (5), Bellerin (5), Mertesacker (4), Gabriel (4), Monreal (4), Ramsey (4), Coquelin (5), Campbell (7), Ozil (6), Sanchez (6), Giroud (5)

Guess who was taken off?

wenger looked very uncomfortable in that clip. couldn't wait to get away - he knows they've royally fcuked up

Mourinho v Wenger head to head
    Played 12
    MOURINHO WON 7
    WENGER WON 0
    DRAWN 5

Id take him in a heartbeat over Wenger

There is alot of other managers out there that behave better, that dont verbally abuse their medical staff on the sideline, that dont throw their players under a bus, that dont command such a salary, that dont make enemies whereever they go, that arent pricks, that dont create such instability within a club

I think personally id wash my hands with Arsenal if they ever entertained the prospect of getting that bollix as manager. Arsenal are a bit more for me then a football club or even an institution. Arsenal for me created many childhood foundations and principles which set an example to me throughout my life be it good or bad

We've had innovators such as Chapman, and top coaches such as Don Howe and George Graham. Ken Friar started out his career at Arsenal when he was fetching his football from under George allisons car near the stadium and George Allison told him come back next day. Thats what Arsenal should and always will be about

The club for me is about more then simply winning. yes its great to win, but its better when its together all as one then some tick on the box of a meglomaniac w@nker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

sonic85 wrote: »
    wenger looked very uncomfortable in that clip. couldn't wait to get away - he knows they've royally fcuked up

I'm very much a Wenger out man at this stage but that's still awful to watch. He will get the sendoff of all sendoffs if he leaves at the end of the season. It's over now.

Sky's player ratings for Arsenal -

Arsenal: Cech (5), Bellerin (5), Mertesacker (4), Gabriel (4), Monreal (4), Ramsey (4), Coquelin (5), Campbell (7), Ozil (6), Sanchez (6), Giroud (5)

Guess who was taken off?

disgraceful move really. he was looking dangerous. what would a player think after that? I kind of agree with the person earlier who said they wouldn't be surprised to see Campbell shoved out in the summer. wenger obviously doesn't rate him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I know Wenger is getting a lot of stick but where is the passion from the players, they need to stand up and be counted.

I'm very much a Wenger out man at this stage but that's still awful to watch. He will get the sendoff of all sendoffs if he leaves at the end of the season. It's over now.

Will he? If he leaves without winning the league I don't know if he will.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I know Wenger is getting a lot of stick but where is the passion from the players, they need to stand up and be counted.

I agree. These are players he has invested an awful lot of time and faith in. So many average players in the team. Personally I hope to never see Theo Walcott in an Arsenal jersey again. Perhaps typifies everything that is weong with Arsenal today, weak, timid, soft and just uninterested.

Wenger will step down I feel. He looks a broken man in that clip thats tough to watch for me, I was fortunate to grow up when the man came to the club and assembled the best ever side the Prem Lge ever witnessed and I will be forever grateful. But its time to go Arsene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Will he? If he leaves without winning the league I don't know if he will.

Are you serious?? Ya wer all pissed at the moment but do ya really think supporters and in particular the people that actually pay for season tickets year in year out don't acknowledge and appreciate everything he has done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If we take points off Spurs it's more for Leicester's benefit than ours. :pac:

I've no problem with that. This season has been bad enough already but add Spurs winning the league and it would be catastrophic!

I agree. These are players he has invested an awful lot of time and faith in. So many average players in the team. Personally I hope to never see Theo Walcott in an Arsenal jersey again.

Wenger will step down I feel. He looks a broken man in that clip thats tough to watch for me, I was fortunate to grow up when the man came to the club and assembled the best ever side the Prem Lge ever witnessed and I will be forever grateful. But its time to go Arsene.

I genuinely take no pleasure in what is happening at the moment. The boys have basically downed tools. Wenger isn't perfect but deserves better then this shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Where was that anger earlier in the season? It's been said many times, loyalty is his biggest weakness. I hope he f**cks that shower from a height tonight. Way too late but it might have some effect for the weekend game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Same sh!t different season. Asking where is the passion from the players. This is Arsene's squad. It's up to him to have them prepared.

The team is a refelction of Arsene. Every time they come close to achieving something they crumble. When their backs are to the wall and there's nothing to lose that's when they come out fighting (see all the last-16s in the champions league, almost losing out on fourth nearly every season, being 2-0 down to Wigan in the cup... not even Arsenal could crumble against Villa!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

niallo27 wrote: »

Im a huge Wenger fan but he is getting deserved criticism at the moment but you are also right about the players.

Walcott, Ox and a few more owe him alot for the faith and trust he has put in them and its not being repaid right now.

Defence has gone dodge...attack/Alexis misfiring....but i believe its midfield we are actually totally misfiring and causing the issues. Santi or Wilshere would make such a difference to this team.

quick question....did not see any of the game...heard we hit woodwork 3 times....was it actually a bad performance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't know why some people are saying that's a hard watch ? Why feel sorry for him he has created this situation himself , I'm usually the one on here to say lads relax ye're going over board and stuff

But after watching us Sunday , Didn't see the game tonight luckily . But when we performed like we did against United and against Swansea today its obvious he's lost the confidence of the players, They had no plan , no cohesion weren't talking to one another and clearly have no idea what there trying to achieve out there, when ya compare that to watching Leicester and even Spurs who are willing to kill and die for each other out on the field it's clear we don't deserve the title

If we beat Spurs (which we probably won't) I'll be flabbergasted , Astonished even I'd love for us to be successful but it just doesn't look like happening to be honest Wenger looks a beaten man to be honest he's aged about 10 years in the last month, he needs to step down sad as it is. let the players work away for the rest of the season with Bould or someone and start work if they haven't already on a replacement

• Advertisement

Looking at the 98 clip from earlier though which i posted the link of, how did we go from that to this under the same man? Its mind boggling. I dont want to be too harsh on Arsene and id have loved if he landed one last title..... but it shocking to see the farce we have descended to. I suppose its not quite Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest levels but given the money at our disposal by comparison its heart breaking really. Its more then falling at the penultimate hurdles, the horse is just what refusing to jump and the jockey and trainer seems to be happy with this old nag.

Are you serious?? Ya wer all pissed at the moment but do ya really think supporters and in particular the people that actually pay for season tickets year in year out don't acknowledge and appreciate everything he has done?
    The fans in the area have been a lot more "negative" than most of us for a long, long time at this stage. So I'm serious. A lot of people won't be bothered for the rest of the season unless we're within 4 points of Leicester come Sunday.

I genuinely take no pleasure in what is happening at the moment. The boys have basically downed tools. Wenger isn't perfect but deserves better then this shíte.

There is a massive clear out needed starting off with most of the homegrown lads. Gibbs, Ox, Walcott even Chambers doesnt look up to it when he has been thrown in. Ramsey has been another horrible player at times but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I feel with better players around him he will excel. Mertesacker a disgrace at times should never be a club captain, Koscielney looks like he isnt interested anymore. Monreal and Campbell work there bollox off, the former may not be at the required level but id have him in the team over most attacking players this season. Giroud a backup striker.Coquelin the same. Ozil too good for us. Cazorla excellent. Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain both nothing players should be moved on asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

There really has been no progress. The league has got worse too which is worrying.

https://twitter.com/sr_collings/status/705166648442019840

There is a massive clear out needed starting off with most of the homegrown lads. Gibbs, Ox, Walcott even Chambers doesnt look up to it when he has been thrown in. Ramsey has been another horrible player at times but I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I feel with better players around him he will excel. Mertesacker a disgrace at times should never be a club captain, Koscielney looks like he isnt interested anymore. Monreal and Campbell work there bollox off, the former may not be at the required level but id have him in the team over most attacking players this season. Giroud a backup striker.Coquelin the same. Ozil too good for us. Cazorla excellent. Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain both nothing players should be moved on asap.

Id stick with Chambers to be honest. He was excellent up against Vardy recently and should have been rewarded for it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement