Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 ( Mod Note linked in OP 29/12)

1201202203204205207»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's a sad watch because of what he once was, what he's done for arsenal. Without him we could have been just another Spurs...mid table mediocrity and different managers every year or so. What he's done at arsenal has been utterly fantastic. The slow decline of a once brilliant manager. His legacy is forever tarnished. This is his third or fourth team since the invincible that couldn't be arsed. His time is up. That's why it's sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I agree. These are players he has invested an awful lot of time and faith in. So many average players in the team.

but is that not the point? these are players arsene himself has identified and has brought to the club. the fact that theyre not good enough but are still here and still making the team is criminal and is down to wenger.

I loved Walcott when he came to the club first and I hoped against hope that he was going to be a younger version of henry - not as good, sure, but similar in playing style and effective with all his pace. but despite improving his finishing hes pretty much useless. arsene is watching these players in training every day yet he cant see this? its a bit baffling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That was a bad one: Losing at home to a team fighting relegation, without their manager, with half the teams first eleven missing in action and, worst of all, I don't think Swansea even came looking for anything but a point tonight, and they've managed to walk away with all three.

Peak Arsenal in so many ways. As soon as Gabriel gave away the free I was thinking, "uh-oh, here we go", and so it came to pass. Jesus! Why is it so easy to predict the future sometimes? Not the good parts, like winning lotto numbers, but the utterly crap parts that involve Arsenal making a balls of things!

Same as at United, the team had over twenty minutes to make Swansea work for it, but didn't mount a single meaningful attack. The team seems broken. Swansea - also-rans, if there ever was anyone worthy of the term - were bossing that midfield for long stretches, until they set themselves up for that rear guard action in the final stretch of the game. That final few minutes was utterly, utterly demoralising: Whoever was on the ball, usually Ozil, looking in vain for some movement from someone, without anyone really showing for it. A team paralysed by fear.

Blow it up ref, we can't take it anymore. This is more like a wake than a football game.

I don't know what exactly Arsene is paralysed by at this stage. Habit? Stubbornness? Senility? I love Wenger: He's a classy and intelligent guy, who has managed some of the most thrilling attacking sides many of us have ever seen: He is a genuine footballing great. Though, I should really be saying WAS at this stage.That surely is that for Arsene tonight. They say teams are a reflection of their manager; well, that joke tonight doesn't reflect positively on the big man. I think if any other side performed like that after going a goal down then the media would be saying he's lost the dressing room. To see him raging at the fourth official was sad to look at.

What can be said about the Campbell substition? As it was happening, I didn't believe it - WHAT THE FUC!! What has he got to do? He scored a great goal, worked hard and always looked like he might make things happen. Did Arsene realise how farcially clichéd that decision was? Jesus Christ, man! Get a grip! When Arsenal were near down and out and nearing the end, the game was crying out for Campbells trickery and effort to help find a way through Swansea's massed defence. To substitute him off, in the context of that game, must rank as one of the most purely unhinged decisions that Wenger has ever made. I think he's properly lost it. No rational being could have looked at that game tonight and thought, "Campbell needs a substitution". Maybe he was tired, that's probably what will be trotted out. Who cares! Campbell half-cocked and standing on one leg is a better bet than Theo Walcott with ten legs; who would still be utterly frustrating to watch and posess even worse ball control than he has now.

Arsenal were a paper-tiger tonight: Out of the blocks flying, then stopped in their tracks, predictably sucker-punched, and then left gasping like a dying fish on dry land, until the sweet release of the final whistle. The teams lethargy and lack of any desire or imagination was pitiful. It kind of seemed worse than some of the FML defeats of recent times; Monaco at home last year was bad, but at least we were pushing for another goal right up until the end, we had too much desire and zero cop-on that night and it cost us. Tonight there was zero heart. Bad home defeats happen, but usually there's a bit of fight as light dies - a pile of shots, forced saves and chances. There's usually some effort at home. Tonight was the first time I honestly didn't believe, even a tiny, tiny bit, that a goal was somehow coming. When the Swansea winner went in, instinctively I thought... ,"There's still time for an equaliser! And maybe if we get it back quick enough we could still go on and....", but my brain stopped me there, from thinking the rest of it. It just cut off those reservoirs of hope before they even got started; it was for my own good really. And it looked like the players didn't have the gumption to hope either. Considering the stakes, that's unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Honestly when the final whistle blew i just turned off my Stream and went about my day with zero reaction.
    Its really only now sunk in.. It's only now that i realise that Spurs might possibly win the title and finish ahead of us. Honestly make me feel sick.

People can blame the players for "Not wanting it enough" or "They don't know how to win"

We have World cup winners in Ozil & Mert.
    We have Copa America winners in Sanchez.
    We have League winners in Cech.
    We have Champions league winners in Sanchez & Cech.

So i 'm not buying this excuse.

We have an unbelieveble talented squad yet we're getting destroyed week in and out. You have Ranieri top of the league with a team that was nearly relegated the year before. You have Poch in 2nd that's built the squad over 2-3 years and made one of the hardest working team in the league.

This is 100% on Wenger.

It's a sad watch because of what he once was, what he's done for arsenal. Without him we could have been just another Spurs...mid table mediocrity and different managers every year or so. What he's done at arsenal has been utterly fantastic. The slow decline of a once brilliant manager. His legacy is forever tarnished. This is his third or fourth team since the invincible that couldn't be arsed. His time is up. That's why it's sad.

I had hoped he might go after the cup in 2014 on a high. Win win for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id stick with Chambers to be honest. He was excellent up against Vardy recently and should have been rewarded for it.

I dont know to be honest. He looks another type of player that is great for one game and appalling for the next. Although he is young.

Look at Sanogo ffs lads starting for us a few seasons back. He looked like a fan that won a prize to play for his favourite team and was plucked out of the crowd. Same with Diaby getting new contracts even when he was never going to get back to full fitness. Signing Kallstrom on loan when he had a broken back. Didnt we even travel to a Champs Lge game a man short in our squad (Welbeck I think) because we forgot to put him on the squad list?

We are a laughing stock and righfully so.

Homegrown lads have done nothing in years. Academy lads, well, where are they? Talk about youth all you like, we have Wilshere in the hospital, Bellerin an import, what else? Players out on load or sold to Championship and League One teams.

We had "good" form early this season. I pointed it out, I was ridiculed. We still have the same problems and will until Wenger goes or decides to give up his "principles".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CclB8VxWoAIaI0o.jpg:large

10569-1_n.jpg?133023

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Tonight the stadium was the emptiest all season. Even the touts were joking with each other about selling tickets to each other...who's looking for tickets.... How many do you want...joking amongst themselves.

Despite that other than the big derbies etc, tonight up until late on was the loudest the stadium has been. Definitely the hard core fans.

But the sub of Campbell for wellbeck drew the biggest boos ofcthecyear. Not for Danny but taking Joel off.

The first Swansea goal Mert and the rest of them at the back were asleep.thry literally stopped playing.

2nd Swansea goal one of the smallest men on the pitch scores.

After being 1-0 up.

It is hopeless.

If Arsensl don't win the league, I hope Leicestrr do. But we won't.

But Wenger has to go.

And take Flamini, Walcott, Oxlade, Mert, and Gibbs with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I´m not trolling here, but something I saw on the humour thread, and then I see more videos on ArsenalFanTV of these lads arguing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMxiGI7Rhlo

is this a pisstake ?

• Advertisement

Homegrown lads have done nothing in years. Academy lads, well, where are they? Talk about youth all you like, we have Wilshere in the hospital, Bellerin an import, what else? Players out on load or sold to Championship and League One teams.

We had "good" form early this season. I pointed it out, I was ridiculed. We still have the same problems and will until Wenger goes or decides to give up his "principles".

When you think about it our incredible attack back in the early noughties papered over the fact that Wenger brought in Pascal Cygan in 2002 to replace Tony Adams.

I´m not trolling here, but something I saw on the humour thread, and then I see more videos on ArsenalFanTV of these lads arguing :

is this a pisstake ?

Before even looking at your video i know who it is.

Claude and TY are both idiots for opposite reasons. I can understand fan frustration but id imagine Claude isnt the easiest to put up with at the best of times. Like a spoilt child even the way he talks. TY is away with the fairies. a lunatic. he must be doing some unbelievable drugs

I like Bully and Moh though. Moh in particular always talks alot of common sense.

I had hoped he might go after the cup in 2014 on a high. Win win for everyone.
    Would've been a good idea.

This is at least the third time since we last won the league that we probably should've won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Arghus wrote: »
    Whoever was on the ball, usually Ozil, looking in vain for some movement from someone, without anyone really showing for it. A team paralysed by fear.

yeah there was one passage near the end I think that summed it up - ozil with the ball wide on the left, ramsey beside him but made a nothing run down a dead end leaving ozil with 3 (I think) Swansea players around him and nowhere to go and no one to pass it to. he ended up knocking it backwards over the halfway line to mert who spread it out wide right. no support no imagination just backwards and side to side passing. I think ozil just threw his hands up. I was never ozils biggest fan but ive come around to him in the last while. hes too good for us and in a better set up side he would be unreal

When you think about it our incredible attack back in the early noughties papered over the fact that Wenger brought in Pascal Cygan in 2002 to replace Tony Adams.
    And Gabriel to replace Vermaelen. :pac:

Make no mistake, Mertesacker hasn't long left. Koscielny is pushing 30. Chambers could be good but so far we would've been as well leaving him at Southampton and paying the extra 10 million now. Gabriel will be another Senderos.

Ugh, just reiterating what I've said for a couple of years now, wonder how much might now finally seep in.

And Gabriel to replace Vermaelen. :pac:

Make no mistake, Mertesacker hasn't long left. Koscielny is pushing 30. Chambers could be good but so far we would've been as well leaving him at Southampton and paying the extra 10 million now. Gabriel will be another Senderos.

Ugh, just reiterating what I've said for a couple of years now, wonder how much might now finally seep in.

i wasnt overawed with Vermaelen either to be honest. He used bomb forward like a child and forget there was a goal at the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Are you serious?? Ya wer all pissed at the moment but do ya really think supporters and in particular the people that actually pay for season tickets year in year out don't acknowledge and appreciate everything he has done?

Speaking as one, on here there has always been more support than at the ground or in the local area.

I was in the George, one of the closest pubs to the ground, before the match and he came up on screen and the pub booed bar maybe 10%.

Sadly he has destroyed his legacy.

Plus the locals who can't afford to go hate him even more as he is seen as a money man rather than a club man. Sad but true.

To me he is ultra loyal to the club but became obsessed with managing the balance sheet rather than the team and this never went after the "shackles were freed".

10 years time he will be revered again by the haters (including myself) but it will take time to appreciate what he has done for the club over the years and forget the past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    SIMEONE!!

Yeah he'd be my choice too.

He'd terrify the Arsenal players into Performances.
    That or they'd terrify him with the softness.

Though I could see Giles Grimandi getting the sack fairly soon after he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

is this a pisstake ?

This is from 2014. Although it could just as well be tonight.

Tonight's video from Claude isn't up yet. I'm sure it'll be another epic rant. If we keep going the way we're going, I genuinely fear for that mans health. This can't be doing him any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Will he? If he leaves without winning the league I don't know if he will.

He might as well, as he is never going to win the league again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lads have ye seen Oranage anywhere?

I'm dreadfully worried about him.

SkySter wrote: »
    This is from 2014. Although it could just as well be tonight.

Tonight's video from Claude isn't up yet. I'm sure it'll be another epic rant. If we keep going the way we're going, I genuinely fear for that mans health. This can't be doing him any good.

his heart is in the right place to be honest at the end of the day. he knows not what he does and i can understand and feel his frustration.

TY is a bellend though. An epic clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

10k reached, thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement